Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Uh...guys. Trump is literally calling out to the dead. This is a cry for help.

Archived link in case someone tells him and he tries deleting it.
    I hate that I am actually going to defend this. But the indication is of course, that Roger Ailes wouldn't have allowed such a thing to happen, because he was a very honest and honourable.... I am sorry, I can't, Roger Ailes wouldn't have done shit any differently whatsoever... Urgh.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Throw the whole book at him I say. The U.S. will be a clown nation for all coming times if there will be no repercussions for any of this once this lunatic is out of office.
    The Truth and Reconciliation Committee, headed by Senate Majority Leader Elizabeth Warren, who's brother was killed by Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump consumes intelligence verbally, says soothsayer McEnany.

I think she means orally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    I hate that I am actually going to defend this. But the indication is of course, that Roger Ailes wouldn't have allowed such a thing to happen, because he was a very honest and honourable.... I am sorry, I can't, Roger Ailes wouldn't have done shit any differently whatsoever... Urgh.
    Anyone looking for context, Tucker Carlson recently did a fake populist rant where he lambasts Republicans for focusing on scandals and symbolic victories rather than actually delivering good policy. To quote;

Instead of improving the lives of their voters, the party feeds them a steady diet of mindless symbolic victories.. Who cares how many Benghazi hearings we have? How did Peter Strzok’s text messages become more important than saving American jobs from foreign nationals...
    What y'all are witnessing here is the machinery of the right wing planning for the post-Trump era by getting down to brass tacks; good old fashioned white supremacy.

Apropos of nothing here's that time Rutger Bregman called him out on being the piece of shit grifter he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We're at the point now where communication officials have to defend the idea that our Resident can read.

#TRE45ON

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Anyone looking for context, Tucker Carlson recently did a fake populist rant where he lambasts Republicans for focusing on scandals and symbolic victories rather than actually delivering good policy. To quote;

What y'all are witnessing here is the machinery of the right wing planning for the post-Trump era by getting down to brass tacks; good old fashioned white supremacy.
    Are you saying that only white people have jobs worth saving?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Haven't they been doing that since day one with tRump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    Are you saying that only white people have jobs worth saving?
    That is what is being implied in Carlson's dog whistle, yes.

As Bregman pointed out - it's all grift by rich people to deflect from their looting of the country and the planet by pointing at brown people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Haven't they been doing that since day one with tRump?
    Not in the sense that they're trying to jettison Trump's toxicity and gin up enough white solidarity to peel away "moderates" by doing...exactly what they did with universal healthcare in the 70s, and that is associating progressive social and economic policies with radical minorities.

Trump, and I suspect even McConnell aren't interested in the long term. People like Carlson and Cotton, however, are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Different ways of saying the same thing.
    Speaking of Republican morale issues:

1) McConnell warns Democrats not to change the filibuster rules if they take the Senate. "Remember, I did it for Supreme Court Justices," he didn't say but I'm pretty sure he meant, "but if you do the same, you'll be just as big a hypocrite douchebag as I am."

Yeah, if McConnell didn't see it as a realistic option, we'd instead be hearing "let's make it any 30 Republicans voting 'yes' means it's veto-proof."

2) North Carolina is now a tossup. In 2020 Trump won by 4.

3) The guy who organizes Trump's rallies has been reassigned to "covfefe boy that Trump never met".

4) The father of a Marine slain in Afghanistan is joining the increasing call for answers.

5) A Colorado Rep was just defeated in the Republican primary.

6) And Abbott's Texas just went past Italy for most new cases in a day, as in "Texas got more than Italy ever did in a single day". Texas has half the population of Italy.

There is no good news for the GOP today. And the lifeboats left a while ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh...guys. Trump is literally calling out to the dead. This is a cry for help.
    This one's a non-issue. Trump knew that Roger was dead.

From just over a month ago:
    .@FoxNews is no longer the same. We miss the great Roger Ailes. You have more anti-Trump people, by far, than ever before. Looking for a new outlet!
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    6) And Abbott's Texas just went past Italy for most new cases in a day, as in "Texas got more than Italy ever did in a single day". Texas has half the population of Italy.
    To be fair, Italy was only doing half the amount of testing, which as you pointed out, means that they were only doing one quarter of the amount of testing per capita. Italy's positivity was 25%, Texas' is "only" 16%.

Absurdly not great for Texas, still, but not quite comparable to Italy's worst.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    This one's a non-issue. Trump knew that Roger was dead.

From just over a month ago:
    How is this real? How????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The Truth and Reconciliation Committee, headed by Senate Majority Leader Elizabeth Warren, who's brother was killed by Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump consumes intelligence verbally, says soothsayer McEnany.

Coincidentally, "Intelligence" is tattooed just over Putin's ass crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He eats intelligence? Or did you mean aurally?
    All wrong... intelligence is a suppository. It enters Trump’s body, the same way Trump thinks light does, to cure covid. I’m keeping an eye on zippers, next time I see Trump. This is not human anatomy... I was already suspicious that Trump plays hearthstone on youtube, without his human mask.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

We're at the point now where communication officials have to defend the idea that our Resident can read.

#TRE45ON
    But can he read while drinking a glass of water one handed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    But can he read while drinking a glass of water one handed?
    Yes, even while having Putin’s hand up his ass and while Putin is also drinking water with the other hand.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, even while having Putin’s hand up his ass and while Putin is also drinking water with the other hand.
    I initially read that head up his ass, so I got to wondering if Vlad drinks water when Donnie is thirsty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    I initially read that head up his ass, so I got to wondering if Vlad drinks water when Donnie is thirsty?
    I was going for the puppet drinking water gag...

TIL verbal doesn't only mean spoken. I'd have been in the same boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Coincidentally, "Intelligence" is tattooed just over Putin's ass crack.
    Speaking of, SCOTUS is set to rule on releasing Trump's tax records this week.

Anyone else ever watch any conversavtive TV or radio from time to time? Its enlightening and pretty much why I'm fairly sure Trump is still going to win.

They still talk about Hillary as if she's actively working to take down the country and all our freedoms. They constantly talk about how the "Illegals are coming in and taking all our jobs and tax money".

They just, bold faced lie about everything constantly. So when these people look at any other sort of news media they hear stuff entirely different and assume IT is the one lying. And they lie while sounding way more confident and positive about the future (but only if THEY win) that its no wonder why they keep getting more followers.

Even the god damned commercials are politically charged. "JOIN PATRIOT MOBILE, THE NATIONS ONLY CONSERVATIVE CELL PHONE PROVIDER. WE CHARGE TWICE AS MUCH AS ANYONE ELSE SO WE CAN GET YOUR MONEY TO CONSERVATIVE POLITICIANS, SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR FAMILY AND COUNTRY AND STICK IT TO PELOSI, JOIN PATRIOT MOBILE TODAY."
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He eats intelligence? Or did you mean aurally?
    I appreciate the vote of intelligence, but I was going for a pretty base frat-boy reference, given his history of paying for sex, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    TIL verbal doesn't only mean spoken. I'd have been in the same boat.
    Appreciated, but was going for the very base reference with "oral" and referring to Trump, given his proclivity for prostitutes.