Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Character Progress Guide, WoW Patch Hotfixes - June 30, 2020

Character Progress Guide
    Reddit user manolis09 has posted a simple character progress guide for level 120 characters. The chart is short, which makes it an easy-to-follow guide for both new and returning players that want to catch up in gear!

WoW Patch Hotfixes - June 30, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Timewalking

• Ulduar
      • Kologarn
        • Right Arm should now only Stone Grip 1 target regardless of raid size.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-07-01 at 02:07 AM.

That very same post pointed out how useless it is, especially for the intended players. I don't really think it was worth a front page shout out..

TLDR:

Ding char to 120!

Congratulations! Now, all you have to do is grinding of echoes, essences, cloak resistance/ranks.... for good month or even close to 2 months... before you can be ANY compatible with your character

Where's the RaiderIO requirements needed to get into the m+ dungeons that you need for the raiderio req?

Don't really feel like this guy understands HV gear rewards. Easiest 470 gear to get as solo, but no mention of them anywhere besides 460. And no 460 is not 2-3 masks. It's just 3 masks.

And no, don't do heroic dungeons to 410. A complete waste of time. Just do all gear rewarding WQs. Yeah this is full of bad information, not sure why it's on the front page.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2020-07-01 at 02:58 AM.

As an aside, I really miss the old, much harder heroic dungeons sometimes. I know M0/M+ is a thing, but I actually enjoy not knowing what skill level I'm gonna get into. With group finder, it's more predictable. But probably, the vast majority wants this, so I get it's mostly me.

Now however, I think Heroic is only useful if you need a transmog from them, the gear is harder to get than WQs and a dip into nazjatar solves starter azerite from the free 20 pearls.

Timewalking dungeons will jump your Ilvl up faster than anything if you happen to ding 120 during one of those weeks.

How is it 'solo' if it mostly all group content...

Good luck getting into normal Ny'alotha raids at 450. People expect you to be fully mythic raid geared for normal raids.

right now timewalking gives 425? for the next month

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess I should be doing heroic Dungeons then lol

That char progress guide is a more convincing fiction than The Last Jedi at least.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "hurr durr but retail wow doesnt have loot progression!"

the problem is nobody will take you for the mythic + because of the stupid ranking system with addon that people use :P

so you will block at 420

I'm still getting 445 gear from emissary quests.

> Ding 120
    > go Nazjatar
    > go Cloak
    > go m0s
    > go ever increasing m+ duns
    > go nya-hc inbetween + upgrade your cloak
    > go more m+
    > win

And no, it's NOT hard to get groups for m+, if you dont try to get into levels that you are not good enough for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    the problem is nobody will take you for the mythic + because of the stupid ranking system with addon that people use :P

so you will block at 420
    Wrong. 420 is m0 ready, which doesnt need ANY Rio at all. There you get full 430 gear (with neck+cloak its ~435) > go m2-5 > go m6-9 > ...

7+ Year Old Account
    For most of my fresh alts in 8.3 my progression is:

Buy ilvl 400 crafted gear.
    World quests for iLvl 420 gear.
    Get Legendary cloak.
    LFR for iLvl 430 gear.
    Horrific Visions for iLvl 420 to 445 items.
    Emissaries for iLvl 445 gear (450 for Azerite pieces).
    N'zoth Invasions for iLvl 445 gear (450 for Azerite pieces).
    Horrific Visions for iLvl 450 to 470 items.

Doing this gets a character to iLvl 450 very quickly, after which you can pug heroic Ny'alotha and continue with Horrific Visions with masks.

Kinda brilliant crap on the frontpage.."for solo players" vs "90$ of mentioned content is group content" Not mentioning the Invasions which is top for a solo player....Pro stuff

Just leaving a positive comment.

Cant wait for the reveals next week and seeing what SL brings

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yeah this is full of bad information, not sure why it's on the front page.
    Cause the site needed daily "for clicks" thread and making a new one just for this one ulduar change would look even worse.
    You don't go to mmo champ main page for news, you go there for laughs.