Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Whats with sylvanas' eyes

So whats up with them? Does she wear eye makeup? Did she put on some mascara and then start crying for the fate of the forsaken? Is it a skin condition from being a zombie for so long? Does lore even mention it?

I'd go with...

It's a game, doesn't have to mean anything, the dev's liked the way it looked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    So whats up with them? Does she wear eye makeup? Did she put on some mascara and then start crying for the fate of the forsaken? Is it a skin condition from being a zombie for so long? Does lore even mention it?
    It was explained in her Warbringers cinematic when she fought Arthas.

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

It's beacuse she's eeeevul.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well how about that, it sure was. I suppose that lesson is, if you are ever stabbed by Frostmourne, hold your tears back, because your face will get stuck that way for eternity.

Also, I forgot that Sylvanas burned down Teldrassil because a random night elf was being a smart ass. Big magic trees should have fire extinguishers near by. Or maybe water elementals wandering around.

She would've burned Teldrassil anyway. As explained in Shadowlands, she needed to kill as many people as possible to empower herself and the Jailer. Delaryn's provocations only made her pull the trigger faster.

Well how about that, it sure was. I suppose that lesson is, if you are ever stabbed by Frostmourne, hold your tears back, because your face will get stuck that way for eternity.
    Her markings are gone in Shadowlands.

Also, I forgot that Sylvanas burned down Teldrassil because a random night elf was being a smart ass. Big magic trees should have fire extinguishers near by. Or maybe water elementals wandering around.
    What does burning down Teldrassil have to do with Sylvanas' facemarks anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    She would've burned Teldrassil anyway. As explained in Shadowlands, she needed to kill as many people as possible to empower herself and the Jailer. Delaryn's provocations only made her pull the trigger faster.
    Too bad no one, neither Sylvanas nor the writers, knew this back when the war of (the) thorns was written .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    What does burning down Teldrassil have to do with Sylvanas' facemarks anyway?
    Given the flow of the thread and what he literally wrote, my guess would be it was just something he was reminded of because of the posted video.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It was explained in her Warbringers cinematic when she fought Arthas.

Yeah, was going to say this. I call them tear scars.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Too bad no one, neither Sylvanas nor the writers, knew this back when the war of (the) thorns was written .

- - - Updated - - -

Given the flow of the thread and what he literally wrote, my guess would be it was just something he was reminded of because of the posted video.
    Correct. Sylvanas tells her origin story, which shows how she got the face markings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh always felt weird when they shown her marks as tears in the cinematic, since in game they were always more like warpaint. Which frankly looks much better aswell, cinematic sylvanas looks akward imo.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The warpaint also made sense, given the elfen ranger thing and all that. Turning it into runny eyeliner was such a 2010's thing to do, either to invoke pity or satiate somone's fetish via the beaten hooker look.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It's a morally grey thing, you wouldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Tbh always felt weird when they shown her marks as tears in the cinematic, since in game they were always more like warpaint. Which frankly looks much better aswell, cinematic sylvanas looks akward imo.

Comes down to art style difference to be honest.

The cinematics mentioned where done in a very specific art style that different from wows more clean style.

Edit: Also unpopular opinion here but ingame Sylvanas looks weird as fuck. Her long eyebrows literally looks like something jsut got stuck on her face. Doesnt look like a part of her at all.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-06-30 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Maybe she even waited for Delaryn specifically because she wanted bonus points for style.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    It's beacuse she's eeeevul.
    she's not evil just wants redemption for what arthas did to her and her fellow girlfriends... can you blame her for being angry he made her watch.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

3+ Year Old Account
    It's all of the Jailer juice probably lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

The cinematics mentioned where done in a very specific art style that different from wows more clean style.

Edit: Also unpopular opinion here but ingame Sylvanas looks weird as fuck. Her long eyebrows literally looks like something jsut got stuck on her face. Doesnt look like a part of her at all.
    All elven eyebrows look stupid if you ask me. I still have no idea why Blizzard went with this style, it looks awful, as if whoever was drawing them slipped and said "eh, fuck it" but the art team then decided it made sense to have eyebrows extend a good feet past the face.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    All elven eyebrows look stupid if you ask me. I still have no idea why Blizzard went with this style, it looks awful, as if whoever was drawing them slipped and said "eh, fuck it" but the art team then decided it made sense to have eyebrows extend a good feet past the face.
    Well, they do look unique compared to elves from other games. At least they don't have tiny pointed ears. I quite like their big ears. Trolls too
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

Now that you mentioned it I can't unsee it...