Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Stuff other players enjoy and you simply dont understand or dont care for

What are some of the things in WoW you see other people enjoying and you simply dont understand the reason why or dont care for them?

I personally never understood the fascination with mount collection and character customization options.
    And both this things are huge crowd pleasers at Blizzcons...to this day i never understand the reason why they are so hugely appreciated.

PVP in wow. There's a godzilion games with better pvp then wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    I was about to make a joke in the OP that went like this:

"You are forbidden to say PvP. We are the master race"

But i ended up not doing it

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It would rather be a "I don't care for" thing (and in my case it is pvp)

But as for "simply don't understand"? What is not to understand when somebody does something because they enjoy it? I can totally understand WHY people pvp, because they will explain it to you if you ask. Same with collecting things and character customisation.

Their reasons might not WORK for me or you...but not being able to understand them? Hell..do you only have black T-shirts and Bluejeans in your wardrobe? Never got a different haircut? Never collected anything? And even then ...you wouldn't care if others did it....but what is there not to understand about it?
    We are becoming really nitpicky on our posts
    How do i know this?

Because while i was creating the thread, the original title was just "...and you dont understand why"
    And I ALREADY KNEW someone would say exactly what you said det

So i changed the title to "...dont care for"

Why am i telling you this?
    Meh...i thought it was a fun fact...i dont know

...so something was gained from all that...you even thought about not allowing pvp.
    Just making conversation i guess.

But as a matter of fact...i really dont "understand" the mount collection thing.
    Specially because of how HUGE that scene is in wow.

You can only use one mount at a time...
    You cant show off your collection.
    You can even "lose it all" if Blizzard bans you, so the collection is not even yours.

I just dont understand it..

Pet battles... I can't for the life of me figure out why we need a whole week dedicated for that stuff.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

10+ Year Old Account
    M+. People obsess over their raider io score but I don't see the point and cba. The only thing you get from a key above +15 is stress. Mechanics that weren't designed to one-shot will now one-shot you. Forced to sit and play without breaks for 30-40 minutes, get fucked if you have a medical problem like IBS or something comes up. On top of this class balance issues show up here more than anywhere else. Play a DH or a rogue and you basically have a 3x multiplier to your score.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2020-07-01 at 08:01 AM.

...so something was gained from all that...you even thought about not allowing pvp. Could have just left the headline as it was, because here you are debating it anyhow

Funny how this works. When Blizzard made a post titled "Faster Legendary upgrades" - watch the people scream how it is a bloody lie, because in fact...your cloak that is at max level does not upgrade faster, but your alts with a below max level rang can CATCH UP faster now by buying malific cores...which they still need to grind.

I think nobody said "Hey...you are nitpicky about how Blizzard worded it" (and yeah...Blizzard did word it in a bad way IMHO)
    So...you are saying im right? And we are all nitpickers?

As for the wow hater VS wow knight.
    IMO
    While both of them exist in fact...if you put one of this labels on every single person you see on the forums just because they are positive or negative...you are also being part of the problem?

Not "you" det. The people who do this.

PvP definitely...

It's all about pillar hugging and not letting the other player be able to play the game. To much CC and to long duration of it. For PvP to be more enjoyable they need to rework it into a state that makes it vastly different to how things work in PvE which I can't say is a good thing. Making stuff work differently depending on where you play is generally not a good design and leads to confusion.

So yeah, I don't get what's fun in camping behind a pillar until someone decides to make the worse move of actually trying to engage. Chaining CC in which the other player either have to sit tight, hoping teammates survive or use 2min CD's + any defensive cooldown to break it to just be CC'd again by something else. Can't think of any game that have such long CC's unless they are on a very high CD or require some great skill to use... reason for that is because it just feels bad for the players affected.

World PvP is worse due to the fact it's often just a gank squad attacking lone targets which means you are dead regardless or they actually are in a position that have more coordination to make use of the absurd long CC's.
    BGs are a little better mainly due to the chaotic nature of it, which means less coordination...however this often leads to one side stomping the other instead.

So, eh, yeah I can't really understand the enjoyment of PvP... did arena to 1600 to finally get CnS rank 3 quickly and even when successfully pulling of the CC shit ourselves it just doesn't feel good. It's like hitting someone who aren't allowed to fight back. Then we also have the problem since I'm a fire mage that outside of CD's you aren't doing anything except trying to survive and do chip damage. I'm sure other classes work the same.

WoW never was designed with PvP(Except world PvP and maybe BG's, but that's up for debate, but world PvP were never about balance and were all about threat in a world of war) in mind and it shows.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-07-01 at 08:08 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

endless bickering about lore and characters as if they were real and their opinion on it mattered

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP. As a matter of fact, I don't like PvP in any game, but I always found WoW's to be the most aggravating of all, for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    endless bickering about lore and characters as if they were real and their opinion on it mattered
    I would tend to agree, but this particular instance happens in any entertainment product, be it a videogame, tv series or movie. People just love to speculate. I will concede though that the most dedicated people turn real cringy real quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any and all PVP after Classic.

And yes, I will fully admit PVP in classic was an absolute imbalanced clusterfuck.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Like what?

In WoW, pet battles.

In general, sports games. Never found them fun or appealing.

Don't do shit that gets you banned.....yeah...but you can lose everything indeed...transmogs, achievements when you get banned (and ofc we all will lose it once the servers shut down)

There really is no sanity to the mount collection. Indeed I have so many that I will actually never use them. Literally never mounted about 100 of my mounts ^^ - plus the 400 mount reward is shite...yet I still get it in SL

I still use different mounts on all my alts and some are just unique and cool looking so I cycle through them

Now...I still wonder how many Mounts YOU have? Somebody who totally does not care about mount collections shouldn't even have 100 mounts. A friend of mine who deeply cares about pvp and pretty much nothing else still has 141 mounts. Sure, some mounts you can't avoid...I wonder how low you can stay? Gotta have your very first mount from Vanilla. Then maybe the Mammoth with traders that you got in WotLK...then the trader Yak from MoP...maybe not, because you also don't care about appearances, so you won't need a mobile transmog.

Seriously curious what the lowest amount of mounts could be if you play 10 years and never cared.

As for: "You can only use one mount at a time...
    You cant show off your collection." - apparently you can do these things for over an hour with your fans and create videos that get 500k clicks and more:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...gold+mount+off

Fascinating.
    My collection is extremely small...but i cant remember the exact number, let me check...

I have 54 mounts collected

This is from someone who never cared much about mounts.

There's a godzilion games with better pvp, but not FOR ME, so not better than wow.

PvP is the main feature for me in WoW and I don't even play arenas.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2020-07-01 at 09:00 AM.

There isn't really anything in the game that I would say I don't understand why people like doing.
    RP'ing, Transmog/mount collecting, Pet battle, soloing current content dungeons/raids, PVP, playing the auctionhouse and all other types of activity you can do in the game.

What I would rather say, is that I don't understand how people have the PATIENCE for certain things. Like being a DPS looking for M+ or playing only with Pugs...or wanting to finish N'zoth LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    What are some of the things in WoW you see other people enjoying and you simply dont understand the reason why or dont care for them?

I personally never understood the fascination with mount collection and character customization options.
    And both this things are huge crowd pleasers at Blizzcons...to this day i never understand the reason why they are so hugely appreciated.
    Challenge. I just don't understand, why players say "X content is boring, because it isn't challenging". Why can't they just play routinely? Devs listen to them and due to that in a last two xpack game has been destroyed for players, who like to just shut their brain down and do something routinely. So called "challenge" on every corner is like rocks, you constantly stumble upon. You can't just relax and start to enjoy your game.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by chilipopper View Post
    Like what?
    Like checkers.