Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    People in the US don't die from being overweight
    That's just factually wrong and total bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the reason why you will have "visible muslecs" is because of the a bit thinner fat tissue . not because you build up additional muscles.

you dont get more muscles in 3 weeks-

even most rip off adds never promise anything like this because what you are talking about is fantasy
    ok dude whatever do your thing i'll do mine, like what do you want, want me to show you daily progress for 3 weeks so you can see my muscle definition grow after that period?

I'm talking as a person with lower body fat (I think i'm at 13-14%, maybe less), and when I talk muscles I mean pecs, arms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    TLDR: best tips if you dont want to track calories. eat 1 or 2 apples in the evening and thats it, you will basically cut one full meal out and that will help to get you in the caloric deficit. i weight 115kg when i was 16 and was at 85kg at 18 when i did this "diet"..

if you want try to go into the gym and build some muscle since more muscles will burn more calories and so it will increase the amount you can eat.

btw im counting calories since 6/7 years now and it helps alot, you can still be flexible with what you eat. get yourself some different day templates so that you can switch between different meals and days so it will be less boring.
    dont consume sugar drinks like cola/sprite or juices, stick to water and reward yourself with cola light or something so you dont get fluid calories in
    You should never diet. Because as soon as you reach your goal and go back to normal eating your body will start packing those extra calories if your training regimen doesn't account for it.

Plus it's not good to deprive your body of essential nutrients.

You should eat so as to not be bloated, cover the 4 food groups, eat home cooked and limit your junkfood to almost nothing.

Losing weight is pure math.

Your body needs N kcal a day to keep it's weight.
    Every 7000 kcal you eat less, makes you lose one kg.
    So if you need 2000 a day, but only eat 1500, you gonna lose 1kg/2.2lbs in two weeks.

So the first step would be to calculate your daily need. There's a lot of calculators you can find with google.

I did this and now I'm eating 1200 kcal a day.

I'm eating 600 kcal every day in frozen food. Like "Yeah, this bami goreng has 100kcal every 100g, so I'm gonna eat 350kcal at 12 and 250kcal in the evening. That's 600kcal. I didn't eat breakfast in 20 years, so I don't miss it. I drink coffee worth 100kcal a day (the milk in it has the kcal)

So I 500kcal left every day to spark joy in my heart. That's like 500ml of vanilla icecream or half a pizza or a big mac or a small subway sandwich.

But when you start only eating two small meals a day, you might feel hungry, so you might need the extra 500kcal to eat something lese like Joghurt or anything that fills.

All together I have 1200 kcal a day and I'm losing weight since 20 weeks now, made 10kg/22lbs.

When you get to the weight you want to have, recalc your daily need and eat exactly this to stay on your weight.
    Last edited by Inukashi; 2020-07-01 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    underlined and bolded is breathtakingly FALSE.
    I think you are misunderstanding some of my statements even though I think I was clear. Yes, if someone is loses or gains significant weight periodically I'm sure there is a price to pay but my point was overweight not obese, gaining and losing a few pounds now and then won't have significant effect on your health, in fact most people gain weight during winter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding some of my statements even though I think I was clear. Yes, if someone is loses or gains significant weight periodically I'm sure there is a price to pay but my point was overweight not obese, gaining and losing a few pounds now and then won't have significant effect on your health, in fact most people gain weight during winter time.
    no, I haven't. being overweight is unhealthy. the older you get the more unhealthy it becomes. arthritis is no joke, and it feels significantly worse when you are overweight. excess visceral fat greatly contributes to variety of conditions, including cardiovascular problems, type 2 diabetes, multiple cancers and so on. if you are overweight? you most likely have excess visceral fat. the older you get those more of a percentage of your fat is of visceral variety (that is at least in part due to hormonal changes that come with age).

most people live unhealthy lifestyles. you literally do not have to gain weight during winter. its 100% preventable by simply having the same calorie in/calorie out ratio as you do in a summer. gaining and losing few pounds as often as at least once a year INCREASES your chances to get preventable illnesses the longer it continues. wanna know the weight number that hits that threshold, that is considered significant? 10 pounds. and to elaborate because i have a feeling its necessary. everyone fluctuates through the day. water we retain, food we eat - it all makes the scale go up and that particular range can go as high as 5-6 pounds. which is why if you do start tracking your weight, recommendation is to weight yourself at the exact same time every day, cause that tends to account for daily fluctuations. 10 pound weight gain? is no water or food weight. that's an increase on top of that. and it. is. dangerous, less so if you are building muscle (bodybuilders have joint issues as well, cause stress on joints is stress on joints, whether it comes from fat or muscle - but at least they don't have visceral fat issue, and there is also that thing where unless you are taking performance drugs your muscle gain is slow enough to alleviate most of the danger), but its still dangerous the more rapid that gain is and the more often you fluctuate beyond normal daily stuff.

it is healthy to be consistent and it is healthy to NOT be overweight. if you are hitting morbid obesity, yeah, you are worse off, but it doesn't mean you are just peachy when you are "merely" overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    ok dude whatever do your thing i'll do mine, like what do you want, want me to show you daily progress for 3 weeks so you can see my muscle definition grow after that period?

I'm talking as a person with lower body fat (I think i'm at 13-14%, maybe less), and when I talk muscles I mean pecs, arms.
    shame you got banned :/ i really wish you told me - person who has 15+ years experience with working out in gym how you get visibly more muscles mass in 3 weeks of moderate workout without using strong steroids

i like to be educated so im gonna wait for when your ban will be lifted to share your secrets with us.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    shame you got banned :/ i really wish you told me - person who has 15+ years experience with working out in gym how you get visibly more muscles mass in 3 weeks of moderate workout without using strong steroids

i like to be educated so im gonna wait for when your ban will be lifted to share your secrets with us.
    might be thinking that post workout pump = bigger muscles in general :P

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Yeah this is my favourite too. You think people accidentally become Ronnie Coleman? It takes years, a specifc kind of training, a ridiculous diet and genetics to actually get big big.
    You forgot the 'special vitamins' that the likes of Ronnie Coleman use. If someone uses those special vitamins, you can sure AF get some noticeable gains in 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    You forgot the 'special vitamins' that the likes of Ronnie Coleman use. If someone uses those special vitamins, you can sure AF get some noticeable gains in 3 weeks
    IF you also work out like Ronnie Coleman. people have this idea that just taking "special vitamins" is going to perform veritable miracles, but it can only assist you to have better results IF you are doing the work AND know how to maximize your results with or without "special vitamins"

IF you also work out like Ronnie Coleman. people have this idea that just taking "special vitamins" is going to perform veritable miracles, but it can only assist you to have better results IF you are doing the work AND know how to maximize your results with or without "special vitamins"
    Funny enough, there was a study regarding this exact thing...

There were 4 groups of subjects: One who did nothing and took nothing, one who worked out and took nothing, one who did nothing and took steroids, one who worked out and took steroids.

Naturally, the two extreme groups ended on the opposite end of the spectrum for muscle development. The shocker came when the group that didn't work out but took steroids ended up putting on more lean mass than the group that was working out and taking nothing...

We still don't full understand how hypertrophy works...

Edit: Not sure if I can post link but here it is?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...99607043350101

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Losing weight is pure math.

Your body needs N kcal a day to keep it's weight.
    Every 7000 kcal you eat less, makes you lose one kg.
    So if you need 2000 a day, but only eat 1500, you gonna lose 1kg/2.2lbs in two weeks.
    I wish it were that simple...

Your daily caloric needs are not a set thing...especially when you're eating at a deficit. You can never fully account for how your body is going to react. For example, it's pretty easy to kick my body into hibernation mode(This also often accounts for the weight loss plateaus people see). I often can add some fast carbs and it will kick my body out of it and I'll actually starting losing more weight despite eating more calories...

Biology is weird...
    Last edited by Cuddleheart; 2020-07-02 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddleheart View Post
    Funny enough, there was a study regarding this exact thing...

There were 4 groups of subjects: One who did nothing and took nothing, one who worked out and took nothing, one who did nothing and took steroids, one who worked out and took steroids.

Naturally, the two extreme groups ended on the opposite end of the spectrum for muscle development. The shocker came when the group that didn't work out but took steroids ended up putting on more lean mass than the group that was working out and taking nothing...

We still don't full understand how hypertrophy works...

Edit: Not sure if I can post link but here it is?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...99607043350101

- - - Updated - - -

I wish it were that simple...

Your daily caloric needs are not a set thing...especially when you're eating at a deficit. You can never fully account for how your body is going to react. For example, it's pretty easy to kick my body into hibernation mode(This also often accounts for the weight loss plateaus people see). I often can add some fast carbs and it will kick my body out of it and I'll actually starting losing more weight despite eating more calories...

Biology is weird...
    what's interesting is that while size of the muscles grew at twice the rate in people with steroids but no exercise, vs people with exercise but no steroids - performance in those who exercised but took no steroids - has increased more vs those who didn't exercise but took steroids. which makes me wonder if the reason why exercise plus placebo group made fewer gains was becasue they burned more calories. they did standardize their diets too. and another interesting factor, is that even with standardized exercise rather then tailored to an individual - those that took steroids and didn't exercise had half the gains of those that took steroids and DID exercise.

that steroids result in SOME muscle growth even if you don't work out is kinda something we knew since steers are given steroids in order to make them "beefier" (pun intended) for the slaughter. but its only some. you still need to work it to see significant results and the better you are at targeting specific muscle groups in most efficient way - the better your gains are going to be.

so yeah, I think we have a fairly decent understanding of hypertrophy. maybe not every single possible detail, but more then plenty.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-07-02 at 07:44 PM.

Precisely. Dbol/Tren/TRT whatever, aren't muscle in a jar. You still need to work your ass off, and be close to your natural limit for it to properly work.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

That study has been debunked for what...a decade now?
    The study is so heavily flawed i'm not even gonna bother writing out the entire manifesto it would require.
    I'll just say its wrong on every level and you can't take steroids and magically gain muscle, doing nothing.

Google, as always, is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Google, as always, is your friend
    Thanks for the heads up! This "Google" thing is already yielding FANTASTIC results!
    Here's one that I thought you might find interesting:

Google

infracted - trolling

Edit: totes worth it
    Last edited by Cuddleheart; 2020-07-14 at 07:00 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are serious about losing weight, then just eat healthy and eat less. Its as simple as that, no exercise needed whatsoever. Just control what you put in your mouth and you will lose weight.

A simple walk in the heat and humidity would probably work well with a dieting regimen.

Jogging in this crap is more of a workout than is probably safe. (100 degrees and over 90% humidity....makes me cry)

Hey, I am always asking myself "how to lose weight?", as I have no time to visit gyms or even run in the sport yard.

- - - Updated - - -

But recently I downloaded a fitness app, where I found a personal fitness trainer.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's really cool! Now I can make exerсises even at work! And from that moment I've become interested in fitness app development.

Green tea for loosing weight

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Even so, 95 is insanely light.
    You should do exercises that are beneficial for loosing weight, while in diet you can take green tea, that is helpful for loosing fats and staying fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundy View Post
    Hey, I am always asking myself "how to lose weight?", as I have no time to visit gyms or even run in the sport yard.

- - - Updated - - -

But recently I downloaded a fitness app, where I found a personal fitness trainer.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's really cool! Now I can make exerсises even at work! And from that moment I've become interested in fitness app development.
    truth be told those apps are pretty nice. i dont have any use for them because of knowledge i have from years of working out but the ones i checked from curiosity had pretty good regimes.

the only app i use is free app for planks but mainly use it for fun not from nessesity

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I think diet is important as well as fintess apps. I've found an interesting article on how to create a fitness app and in a few days I'll connect with app developers.