Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mythic+

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    What I would rather say, is that I don't understand how people have the PATIENCE for certain things. Like being a DPS looking for M+ or playing only with Pugs...or wanting to finish N'zoth LFR.
    Some people don't have the time because of their jobs to be in a guild and to be there for the raid and/or M+ runs at 19h 3 times a week. That's why some only pug. I don't think this is hard to understand.

I dont understand pet battles and tried 2 or 3 but well, its boring af

PVP on the other hand is the reason i still play wow, i mean it had better days but in the end i still like it.
    BTW someone said there are so much games with better pvp, pls name a mmo with better pvp, i tried gw2 and gw1 but never really enjoyed it. i like 2s and 3s alot tho there are some major balance problem (destro lock/dh)

New classes. I get why altoholics want them, but I thought that crowd wasn't large. I've been focusing on my main for years now, never even took monk and DH for a spin.

Customization is cool in concept, but considering our characters will be covered in armor and looked at from a distance, mostly from behind, I fail to see it as that important.

EDIT: Going back a bit in what I said, enhanced customization does have value in that it affects NPCs too. So my criticism concerns the customization of our characters specifically.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2020-07-01 at 11:07 AM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

PvE in wow. There's a godzilion games that offer better pve gameplay than wow (as in "any gameplay at all" and not just grinding the same crap over and over), and also a godzillion games that offer much better (as in "any good at all") writing, voice acting, character development and lore.

Wow's pvp on the other hand can be a pretty satisfying experience (mostly when it's not being polluted by garbage PvE systems like corruption) and unlike wow's pve it occupies an interesting niche in the greater PvP game landscape. You can't just say "there are better pvp games out there" when no other game provide a similar type of PvP experience. Everything doesn't fit on a good <-> bad axis.
    Last edited by wraysbury; 2020-07-01 at 09:44 AM.

Transmog and character customisation (including allied races).

I understand transmog to an extent in that it's actually visible.
    The obsession with character customisation I just simply don't get, who gives a shit about new night elf eyebrows? You will never see them and no one else will ever see them. If you're actually playing the game you should have the camera on max zoom which makes it even worse.

Allied races are kind in the same category, like how do they even matter? How is anyone who played for more than a patch not already got every class capped? Do they have multiple of the same class?

Finally (and this is purely on me) it annoys me to see six "Which race should they add" threads at the same time yet whenever people talk about balance some galaxy brain has to make the absolute 5head "bAlAnCe OnLy MatTeRs fOr tHe 0.000000000001%". Like that isn't a massive demonstrably false lie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    M+. People obsess over their raider io score but I don't see the point and cba. The only thing you get from a key above +15 is stress. Mechanics that weren't designed to one-shot will now one-shot you. Forced to sit and play without breaks for 30-40 minutes, get fucked if you have a medical problem like IBS or something comes up. On top of this class balance issues show up here more than anywhere else. Play a DH or a rogue and you basically have a 3x multiplier to your score.
    This.
    For me M+ means nothing but stress and performance anxiety, like hardcore raiding on crack where you only have one chance to get it right or you have wasted 30-40mins of someone else's time and a key.
    I really do not see the appeal. It was okay in Legion because it was all new and people accepted a few mistakes here and there but in BfA I don't touch that shit if I can avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Like checkers.
    I wasn't being arsey, I was genuinely asking what games have better pvp?

I've tried most other popular MMO's (ESO, FFXIV to name a few) and the PVP always feels so clunky. I don't particularly enjoy the current state of WoW PvP, i definitely think its had better times such as TBC, WOTLK but i cant fault the smoothness of it, the engine and how it all feels is (imo) unmatched by any current MMO game that I'm aware of.

PVP i would say...
    If i wanted to beat another human being in a video game fighting games do it better and is way more fun. But most people don't like fighters these days so I can kinda understand.

Also playing wow like a Job. Like feeling like you HAVE to do X and HAVE to do Y. It was a big problem I had with raiding from the start and part of the reason why I just stopped playing seriously. Got to a point where the effort required to raid at a decent level was more than I really wanted to give. I seriously can't understand the appeal but then again I don't have to. The solution is simple, don't do what I don't find fun.

Whining about the story and every little thing 24/7

But for real: Open world content. Everything in the world save the initial leveling is tedious and annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic and arena.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Repeating raids and dungeons (including mythics) ad nauseam. I just don't see the appeal of it. It's sooooo boring.

I never understood why people thought Raiding was fun.

Heroic raid difficulty:

LFR is for casuals and people that just want a quick mindless blast, normal mode is for social players that want to chill with each other and Mythic mode is for players that want a challenge.

So what exactly is the point of heroic mode?

It is not challenging, it seems to attract the sort of players that think they are highly skilled and need to let you know it at every moment (hint, they aren't or they would be doing mythic) hence is far from social, and typically takes far longer than it should due to all the asshattery and drama.

I wouldn't be surprised if the average 'heroic' raider is employed as a receptionist or janitor, but tells all their friends (or only friend) that they run the company.

Pet battles 100%.
    And they are even more annoying because I miss all those achievement points because of that.
    S.H.

Pet battles - Tried it out back in MoP and could never get into it. Pokémon is just superior so I don't see why I should be bothering playing a scuffed version in WoW. I loathed that I had to do pet battles to get the Shadowbarb Drone. I had to ask a friend how I could get the easiest wins, he told me to get some of the Zandalari pets on the Isle of Giant and it worked well enough.

Guild worshipping - Its pretty much just Method that people keep talking about, even before that Josh thing. I just can't seem to give a damn about some other guild that is performing in high end raiding, but I don't care much for raiding these days either. At the same time I don't care for watching sports either as I always prefer just playing myself.

The story - Pretty much went downhill after the death of Arthas. I'd say the lore has been alright in MoP and some parts of Legion, but all the other expansions has like fanfiction levels of bad stories. They throw so much potential away like N'zoth being a good villain and having a solution to the everlasting Alliance/Horde conflict, but Blizzard doesn't give any of these stories a proper conclusion. Now we are dealing with an OP Sylvanas who just humiliated the Lich King.... thats how far we have fallen. And still people seem to care a lot for the story while to me its just shit. I do like some of the world building at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never cared with aesthetics, i always cared with gameplay mechanics. Rather having a game with bad graphics and great gameplay then oposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    My collection is extremely small...but i cant remember the exact number, let me check...

I have 54 mounts collected

This is from someone who never cared much about mounts.
    Congratulations, you got the Albino Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by chilipopper View Post
    I wasn't being arsey, I was genuinely asking what games have better pvp?

I've tried most other popular MMO's (ESO, FFXIV to name a few) and the PVP always feels so clunky. I don't particularly enjoy the current state of WoW PvP, i definitely think its had better times such as TBC, WOTLK but i cant fault the smoothness of it, the engine and how it all feels is (imo) unmatched by any current MMO game that I'm aware of.
    ..well that is the thing PVP isn't regulated to MMOs..technically a game of Mario Kart can be considered PVP

thing is....PVP in MMOs is kinda a love or hate it kinda thing especially with world PVP when the ganker absolutely loves the thrill..pretty good chance the Gankee doesn't like being the target. Also MMOs by design have everything made with PVE in mind and PVP is just extra fluff on top so you might always have that problem of one mode ruining the other.

Don't care about M+ higher than 15. There's no point(other than "just doing it") and it's a waste of time for me. But plenty of people enjoy getting higher ranks/score and that's fine. It's their life, if they like it? Let them do it and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyEliza View Post
    Heroic raid difficulty:

LFR is for casuals and people that just want a quick mindless blast, normal mode is for social players that want to chill with each other and Mythic mode is for players that want a challenge.

So what exactly is the point of heroic mode?

It is not challenging, it seems to attract the sort of players that think they are highly skilled and need to let you know it at every moment (hint, they aren't or they would be doing mythic) hence is far from social, and typically takes far longer than it should due to all the asshattery and drama.

I wouldn't be surprised if the average 'heroic' raider is employed as a receptionist or janitor, but tells all their friends (or only friend) that they run the company.
    kekw

I kinda agree, delete mythic, make normal a little bit harder and make heroic runs the highest difficulty once again(as it was in Cata/Wotlk).
    What about chill heroic runs tho? It's nice thing to do with friends.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-07-01 at 10:47 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    There is a lot that I don't understand why people enjoy it.
    I would say Classic here. I don't see why people want to play a game like what WoW was without all the quality of life additions.

I can understand the nostalgia factor, that plays a role, but I can't see why people enjoy playing games that are outdated.

For example, there are games I loved and played a ton out of, but it is difficult for me to want to play them now as they are so outdated.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code