Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    For most of my fresh alts in 8.3 my progression is:

Buy ilvl 400 crafted gear.
    World quests for iLvl 420 gear.
    Get Legendary cloak.
    LFR for iLvl 430 gear.
    Horrific Visions for iLvl 420 to 445 items.
    Emissaries for iLvl 445 gear (450 for Azerite pieces).
    N'zoth Invasions for iLvl 445 gear (450 for Azerite pieces).
    Horrific Visions for iLvl 450 to 470 items.

Doing this gets a character to iLvl 450 very quickly, after which you can pug heroic Ny'alotha and continue with Horrific Visions with masks.
    I just dinged 120 and was looking for a chart like this, it could be helpful since there is so much to do when I dinged 120, your "chart" is really helpful too, thank you :-)

Yeah, this infographic is trash. Once you ding 120, you have several choices, depending on a few things. Easiest is if timewalking is up. Do a dungeon, get the 500 currency quest, turn in in and buy a bunch of 410 items. Then keep spamming it to get the 445 reward item and get most of your slots 425. If there is no timewalking, but this is not your first char, go on your other char and buy a full set of benthic gear, that will jump you to 385, almost. If it's your first char, you want to do Najzatar asap, but some classes can't do the opening quests with questing gear, so you might need to get a few items from world quests.

If you have benthic gear or not, you want to do Naj intro quests asap, it will give you 370 (?) weapon, a bunch of pearls to buy/upgrade benthic gear and bump your neck to lvl 50 and unlock essences. It also gives you a way to get decent amount of pearls from Naj world/daily quests, use them to upgrade bentic pieces for slots you don't get upgrades for from other places.

From this point on you want to manage your world/emissary quest rewards and duration. Basically, try to delay completing any quests that are not about to run out, so you have time to raise your overall ilvl. Most world quest rewards are capped at 425, and you need to be 410-420 to get that, it varies depending on the slot. Dungeon world quests (quests above dungeon entrance, have a dragon frame) are capped at 430. Emissary rewards are capped at 445, you need to be 439.5 for azerite pieces and around 435 for non azerite rewards to be 445.

So in short, delay doing quests that still have time, do the ones that are about to run out, if they give you an upgrade. Spend the rest of the time getting gear from other sources, like weekly quest, warfronts and story quests. The cloak quest line not only gives you the cloak at the end, but also 450 azerite piece and a 440-ish off-piece for doing both of the invasions. It will also bump your heart to around lvl 70-75.

And, most important, as so many people ignore this, DO YOUR DAILY CONQUEST FARM! This is how I got most of my (many) chars to ~450 in matter of days. First time you cap conquest, you get a 440 weapon/shield. This is the biggest upgrade for any class, and it does not scale with your ilvl, so you can get it straightaway. After that each cap will give you a 445 piece, including azerite pieces and trinkets, that are hard to get otherwise. They follow in specific order, you can look it up. I suggest you get a shoulder azerite from the cloak quest, as that is the last piece you get from conquest.

You can get 2 items on the first day you start farming conquest (with some luck, but it's possible). Your daily conquest sources are as follows:

first wins for random bgs (and 15 from skirmish, but I rarely do that, unless I need a few points to cap)
    supply drop in kul/zandalar
    supply drop in naj (it's separate from the other one and gives more conquest)
    faction assault (easy to miss, use wowhead to check when it will spawn, you only need to do the world quests, the final part gives no conquest and gear from it sucks)
    faction assault secret chest (very RNG if you get it while doing the quests, or need to camp it)
    bounty kill (you can often find groups in custom pvp LFG tool, usually in CTA zones)
    battle for Naj (super random when it starts, it seems blizzard has fucked up the timer, so try to at least do the weekly part)

On top of that you have big weekly conquest rewards, try your best not to waste them by overcapping:

win your first brawl
    call to arms (CTA) in 3 zones
    battle for Naj bonus objective (kill 20 players/flag guards)
    epic BG quests (kill final boss in Ashran/AV and there was one in wintergrasp as well)

You can also get decent conquest from things like rated pvp first wins, general rated pvp matches, pvp island expeditions and such, but all that requires a premade group, so I rarely do that. Overall you can get a new 445 item every day and 2-3 if you spend the whole day doing weekly things. This will help you get your emissary rewards to 445 much faster. Conquest rewards also upgrade to 460 once you get all 445 items, but it takes too long IMO.

Once you are 445+ geared in all/most slots, you can decide if you want to raid heroic or move in to M+.
    Last edited by Echeyakee; 2020-07-01 at 09:23 AM.

Wow @Echeyakee thank you very much, this is great! Will do it on my first char since I dinged like 2 days ago or so.

Here's my infographic

Join a guild -> get carried through Heroic because it's been on farm for literally months -> Get funnelled gear because it's been on farm for literally months -> Do some m+ with your guild for Rio score and to be further funnelled gear.

Wow, interacting with people in an mmo has advantages.

Just buy a token and get a HC run, full equipped in 1 1/2h and ready to tackle high level m+ and mythic raids (except cloak stuff and essences ofc)

the chart is missing the part where you need a 2million raider.io score to do mythic +'s xD

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Just buy a token and get a HC run, full equipped in 1 1/2h and ready to tackle high level m+ and mythic raids (except cloak stuff and essences ofc)
    in what world do you fill every slot from one run without 10+ loot traders?

The i digraph it seems quite weird.

If it’s an alt and you have not trashed the BoA items invasions rares give you can get to about 420 in no time using them and the daily WQ plus emissaries.

"...most applicable to SOLO players"

then it lists a bunch of mythic raids lol

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    "...most applicable to SOLO players"

then it lists a bunch of mythic raids lol
    wow you mean you haven't killed N'zoth mythic solo yet?

Where's the 2.5k RaiderIO score requirements for M+2-5?

the huge emphasis on repeating the same dungeons 1000x is not great for the game. They simply aren't that fun in high repetition, regardless of challenge or affixes. If anything they should be 10 minutes max and be outgeared to be faceroll if we are supposed to endure such incredible tedium.

Not enough content so they basically force us into repeating world quests and dungeons until we hate the game and its design. The game used to be designed around palatable caps per week. A raid per week, 2-4 matchmade dungeons per week, some pvp per week, vendors as bad luck protection and catch ups.

Now there are mandatory rep grinds on everything core where rep grinds were largely optional side pursuits for the majority of wow through pandaria. WoD brought all these rep grinds and they've doubled down on them since then. Just the lowest rung of design for grind filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    the chart is missing the part where you need a 2million raider.io score to do mythic +'s xD
    Yeah you gear decently quickly to around 455-460. If you dont have an active Mplus group/Guild then you come to a grinding halt. You slowly build up your cloak levels since you cant do a full clear until your level like 9 with Gift of the Titans. You arent invited to +10s that you need because of IO. Its brutal in that range. Once you get to 465 ish then you kind of take off because youre always invited to Heroics and can get into a random 15 once a week.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nice as it is, it omits the buying and selling of tokens for boosts to be able to participate in any gatekeeping pugs which has practically become the standard atm...

Atleast the old owners played the game, this site is going down the shitter.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2020-07-01 at 02:57 PM.

If you're doing heroic dungeons until 425 you're a terrible and cowardly shitter lmao

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    If you're doing heroic dungeons until 425 you're a terrible and cowardly shitter lmao
    This impacts you... how, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

there is a small error on that chart.

+15 M+ wont give you 475 it will still give you 465, after that u need to be bless by the loot god so u get actually something usefull from weekly chest that is 475
    So actually gearing that way is fucking terrible.

which clown did this misleading chart? this is prob the worst way to gear up

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    there is a small error on that chart.

+15 M+ wont give you 475 it will still give you 465, after that u need to be bless by the loot god so u get actually something usefull from weekly chest that is 475
    So actually gearing that way is fucking terrible.
    Loot god? There isn't one at all!
    My pally got bracers the second week in a row! Instantly disenchanted them.
    My DK got a new ring! Oh well, not usable with my spec!
    My DH got a ... ANOTHER RING! Well, at least this one is in use now /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    which clown did this misleading chart? this is prob the worst way to gear up
    Yeah, anyone suggesting doing heroic dungeons for gear is probably trolling. - or doing normal raid for gear.. who does that, when lowish m+ keys give higher ilvl? And no one can tell me that he can't join +5s with an ilvl of around 440, which is easily reachable with +0s armor + some emissary/vision/assault stuff.

There is one stat that matters in this game and that's ilvl. Such a rich loot experience.