Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Forget sounds. I want the old Death and Decay animation back.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    And you're the 5th person I think in this thread who pretends that's what I said just to create drama.

I'm done repeating myself, read and understand what the person I responded to typed, then what I typed in response.
    Except you actually did, as you said "sound design carried the game for 3 expansions" heavily implying that sound effects had more than an extremely minor part in how popular the game was. Believing that is beyond naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Being frank, if you play without DBM then you likely aren't playing at a level where your effectiveness particularly matters anyway so really you could just as easily get away with sounds off.
    You seem to not get the point despite it being spelled out : lack of sound throws me off. It's like trying to grab something in darkness, you can do it but it's annoying.
    Also seems tone-deaf when looking down on the supposed playing ability of someone because he doesn't use a crutch. Ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Except you actually did, as you said "sound design carried the game for 3 expansions" heavily implying that sound effects had more than an extremely minor part in how popular the game was. Believing that is beyond naive.
    I didn't imply anything heavily nor lightly, I meant that in response to his mention that "devs know better than me", that no, it makes no fucking sense that this was a "devs know better" decision, seeing as all these sounds were PART OF what made Warcraft grow to the highest sub number by the time Cataclysm hit.

I fucking hate how I have to spell out everything for people these days or they will HNGGHHN HHGNGHHH HNNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH try to pull at the thinnest strings they can find to try to create some dumbass drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You seem to not get the point despite it being spelled out : lack of sound throws me off. It's like trying to grab something in darkness, you can do it but it's annoying.
    Also seems tone-deaf when looking down on the supposed playing ability of someone because he doesn't use a crutch. Ironic.
    Who's looking down? I don't even raid anymore, I'm stating fact, not make a judgment, no need to get your panties in a bunch. And you can call it a crutch all you want, the fact of the matter is the game is designed with it in mind now, any guild doing any sort of meaningful progression is going to require it because it's meant to be used with how mechanics are designed these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not what gatekeeping is. They aren't saying 'you aren't a WoW gamer if you play with sound on'. They're just saying there is no reason to have it on, and they're right, you don't need it.
    They're pedantically looking down on people who play with sound on. You don't need to type out the words "You're not a real fan if..." to be gatekeeping, amigo.

Also, again, 'no reason' is factually incorrect. People who get immersed better with sounds/ambiance on have a reason to use it. People who use it to listen for boss calls have a reason to use it. People who like the music and sounds have a reason to use it.

"I don't use/like it so nobody has a reason to" is just about the most cancerous opinion on this circlejerk of a forum, tbh. Be better than that.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't imply anything heavily nor lightly, I meant that in response to his mention that "devs know better than me", that no, it makes no fucking sense that this was a "devs know better" decision, seeing as all these sounds were PART OF what made Warcraft grow to the highest sub number by the time Cataclysm hit.

I fucking hate how I have to spell out everything for people these days or they will HNGGHHN HHGNGHHH HNNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH try to pull at the thinnest strings they can find to try to create some dumbass drama.
    Considerin only one class out of 9 or 10 used guns really, and that class only used guns about 50% of the time not to mention that part of THOSE people maybe didnt even play with sounds. Yeah no, gunsounds never carried wow or will they ever.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    They're pedantically looking down on people who play with sound on. You don't need to type out the words "You're not a real fan if..." to be gatekeeping, amigo.

Also, again, 'no reason' is factually incorrect. People who get immersed better with sounds/ambiance on have a reason to use it. People who use it to listen for boss calls have a reason to use it. People who like the music and sounds have a reason to use it.

"I don't use/like it so nobody has a reason to" is just about the most cancerous opinion on this circlejerk of a forum, tbh. Be better than that.
    First of all, you can go away with the condescending bullshit, it doesn't work on me. Secondly, their point still stands, nobody needs it. Call it pedantic if you want, they're right.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    that change killed off any immersion guns had
    MUH 2nd Immersion Amendment. C'mon bruh.

Do you shoot flying demons with overly loud rifles in public spaces in real life? If not, what immersion are you losing here? If so, you are probably in prison already or in an insane asylum.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Forget sounds. I want the old Death and Decay animation back.
    *gasp*

How could I have forgotten that.

Pre wotlk, I saw a video of dk casting death and decay. It made me choose to reroll.

The sound+animation was badass. I want it back.

Thinnest things eh. "Sound effects carried the game". Is it really that hard to admit you either A) stupidly exaggerated or B) have shitty communication skills?

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, you can go away with the condescending bullshit, it doesn't work on me. Secondly, their point still stands, nobody needs it. Call it pedantic if you want, they're right.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were looking down at our noses because we refuse to understand why other people do things. You used the words 'no reason,' don't twist your panties when I bring up valid reasons and make fun of people who adopt egocentric mindsets when discussing subjective matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were looking down at our noses because we refuse to understand why other people do things. You used the words 'no reason,' don't twist your panties when I bring up valid reasons and make fun of people who adopt egocentric mindsets when discussing subjective matters.
    Lol you're not even listening to what's said, you're just hearing what you want to hear. I don't even have any issue with people who want the sound on, that's your assumption. You're not worth any more of my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol you're not even listening to what's said, you're just hearing what you want to hear. I don't even have any issue with people who want the sound on, that's your assumption. You're not worth any more of my time.
    Ok buddy. Your own words were that 'he was right' when the guy I quoted originally said there was "no reason" to play with sound on. I provided reasons. Your response was to get snooty. You're awfully invested in siding with the guy who got snide with other players for playing with sound on for someone who doesn't have issues with people who play with the sound on.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would give anything for the druid spell Wrath to look and sound like it did before it got changed

i'm kind of amazed, I get that people don't play with in-game music, but no in-game sound?

I mean, i've always just turned the music off specifically but left actual sound on. Sound is such a big part of the game experience and feedback loop, playing without it would feel like a strictly lesser experience to me
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2020-07-01 at 12:39 PM.

pussified
    Lmao please unban this guy, anyone who feels emasculated by the sound of his gun in a 16 year old fantasy MMORPG deserves to continue posting

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    If devs aren't happy with something they can and should change it. In the end it's their product. If they didn't like it that's enough reason.
    I always find this the most hilarious response in these kinds of threads. Can you imagine someone using this same argument for any other product? "I really hate how they changed the taste of this soda" or "I don't like what they did to these sneakers" and the person responds, "Well it's their product and all that matters is the maker is happy." What would the customer's natural response to that be? How about, "But I'm the customer and if I don't like it then they don't make any $$." Except in the case of Blizzard, no matter what they do apparently it's the BEST DECISION EVER! That's quite amazing, when you think about it.

Dude, you're SO wrong here. Players CLEARLY peaked because of Sindragosa's voice acting. YOUR MAGIC BETRAAAAYYYS YOOOOUUUU.

And you're the 5th person I think in this thread who pretends that's what I said just to create drama.
    Except there is no "pretending". Those were literally what you said:
    • "The game was at its peak players with those sounds."
    • "Those sounds had carried this game for 3 expansions."

I play wow since 2006 and i agree the new sounds are so bad, the old ones were more powerful and satisfying to the ear but whatever, blizzard is simping hard, at least they gave us classic and they will release TBC again aswell so its all good