Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narmar View Post
    Hey remember when the alliance were systematically murdering as many in the Horde as they possibly could and enslaved them and turned them into gladiators to die for their amusement. Maybe it's time to call it even lol.
    Are you talking about something that happened after that one time the horde as agents of the burning legion invaded an entirely separate planet (after murdering or enslaving everyone on their own planet and using so much fel energy they killed it) and engaged in an omnicidal war causing the creation of the alliance in the first place?
    Totes even brah.

About the camps, what were the Alliance going to do with them? Just keep them in camps forever with the Orcs' population increasing? A vision Thrall had of an alternate timeline(in one of the novels, can't remember which one) where he died as an infant has the Alliance systematically enslaving all the Orcs Like, the economy was dependent on Orc slave labor. They should have made them settle down in an area they could keep a close eye on them, teach them farming or whatever, maybe even introduce them to the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    About the camps, what were the Alliance going to do with them? Just keep them in camps forever with the Orcs' population increasing? A vision Thrall had of an alternate timeline(in one of the novels, can't remember which one) where he died as an infant has the Alliance systematically enslaving all the Orcs Like, the economy was dependent on Orc slave labor. They should have made them settle down in an area they could keep a close eye on them, teach them farming or whatever, maybe even introduce them to the light.
    It's another plothole, and the start of Metzen's favorite tactic, keeping the villains alive on ice for later usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    It's another plothole, and the start of Metzen's favorite tactic, keeping the villains alive on ice for later usage.
    Plotholes, always plotholes. A good writer knows to avoid plotholes(though sometimes a little thing can get overlooked). In this case, they should have had the orcs native to Azeroth(I don't know when that was made, was it always that way since Warcraft 1?) and after Warcraft 2 the rest of the orcs flee to their northern of whatever territory. Then Warcraft 3 could have been about Thrall reforming their system, bringing back shamanism instead of relying on demons.

The camps literally only exist as an excuse for the horde to exist in WCIII.

Metzan hade a coke fuel boner for his 'metal concert badass noble savage' faction which is why his self-insert redeems them and somehow takes them from being some liberated orcs and two near-extinct races to one of the most dominant forces on the planet in five years despite intentionally living in a resource-starved desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    The camps literally only exist as an excuse for the horde to exist in WCIII.

Metzan hade a coke fuel boner for his 'metal concert badass noble savage' faction which is why his self-insert redeems them and somehow takes them from being some liberated orcs and two near-extinct races to one of the most dominant forces on the planet in five years despite intentionally living in a resource-starved desert.
    Oh, yes, it's obvious the camps were just for the horde to exist in WCIII. Metzen did a lot of things. I heard he was responsible for the Forsaken's increased role in WCIII and getting them playable on the horde in WoW.
    Last edited by Mungho; 2020-07-01 at 12:42 AM. Reason: misspelling

That wasn't the Alliance. That was Blackmoore, the evil human noble who found Thrall. In that timeline Thrall died and therefore couldn't be used by Blackmoore as a weapon so the man sobered up, manned up, and conquered the orcs himself, then using them to conquer Lordaeron.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Hey remember when the alliance were systematically murdering as many in the Horde as they possibly could
    No.

and enslaved them and turned them into gladiators to die for their amusement.
    Kinda? They defeated the horde and stopped their genocidal war and decided to imprison them while figuring out what to do with them and hopefully bring them into the fold, instead of killing them. Gladiatorial battles were common back then though. The horde had made a passtime of it even back in Draenor and still practiced slavery and forced gladiator service in Durotar until Thrall banned it not too long before WoW launched. It was the norm.

Maybe it's time to call it even lol.
    Nothing will be even to multiple attempts at genocide. If the horde want to move on from that they should try to go without attempting genocide for a whole week. I know it'll be hard to resist but baby steps.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That wasn't the Alliance. That was Blackmoore, the evil human noble who found Thrall. In that timeline Thrall died and therefore couldn't be used by Blackmoore as a weapon so the man sobered up, manned up, and conquered the orcs himself, then using them to conquer Lordaeron.
    Oops! My bad. It's been a long time since I read that novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Kinda? They defeated the horde and stopped their genocidal war and decided to imprison them while figuring out what to do with them and hopefully bring them into the fold, instead of killing them.
    That's just it, they didn't try to bring them into the fold. They just left them in the camps. The only thing I could find was a mage from Dalaran, studying the Orcs' languor, theorized that it was being separated from their demonic masters, but no one in the Alliance cared. I guess I can understand not wanting to help them, but they never thought of the future.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    That's just it, they didn't try to bring them into the fold. They just left them in the camps. The only thing I could find was a mage from Dalaran, studying the Orcs' languor, theorized that it was being separated from their demonic masters, but no one in the Alliance cared. I guess I can understand not wanting to help them, but they never thought of the future.
    The point is the Alliance won the war and imprisonned an army that literally attempted to genocide all of them. The horde should be thankful the Alliance has different values than them or there would be no orcs alive today. There is no equivalency here.

As for that dialog, it happens during a meeting Terenas had about what they could possibly do with the orcs with the other leaders. It showed there were discussions about it and some did have the intent for peace, and then you had people like Greymane who just wanted to end it. But we will never know what all that would have amounted to since in the end they ended up scaping and proving people like Genn and Daelin right.

If Warcraft ever decides to go into alternate timelines again it would be interesting to see an Azeroth where the mages of Dalaran figure out a way to cure the orcs fel corruption, Thrall manages to save Taretha and unmask Blackmoore's ploy gaining favour with Terenas, and both factions end up coming together. The Legion would be fucked.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

If Warcraft ever decides to go into alternate timelines again it would be interesting to see an Azeroth where the mages of Dalaran figure out a way to cure the orcs fel corruption, Thrall manages to save Taretha and unmask Blackmoore's ploy gaining favour with Terenas, and both factions end up coming together. The Legion would be fucked.
    If they ever did do that it would be portrayed as an apartheid society with some sort of hamefisted racism/slavery moral. Alternate timelines are never allowed to be better then the MT or else all of the stupid nonsense they've had to write over the years would be outed as nonsense.

Not going to lie, that sounds awesome. Orcs integrating into the Alliance peacefully. Maybe they could prevent the scourge destroying Lordaeron(in that same alt time-line Thrall saw, that never happened under Blackmoore, can't remember why)That would still leave the Tauren and Darkspear trolls facing extinction, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    If they ever did do that it would be portrayed as an apartheid society with some sort of hamefisted racism/slavery moral. Alternate timelines are never allowed to be better then the MT or else all of the stupid nonsense they've had to write over the years would be outed as nonsense.
    *sigh* I'm sure you'd be right.

Q: Should the Horde pay reparations for Teldarassil?

A: Yes. Yes and Yes.

Open up the Horde treasury and start paying back all the Night Elf families.

No, the hateful parts of each faction should be left to their own ends and let the ones who want to merge go together, a 3rd faction is kinda what the game needs to be fresh if they are hell bent on keeping the factions separate.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Let me guess....you followed Sylvanas, who basically flipped you the bird and now you're overcompensating?
    Doubling down I think is the phrase.

Nothing wrong with a little RP though, wonder why he was infracted for saying something obviously in character lol unless it was edited from something not so obvious I guess.

I followed Sylvanas myself, and basically, I'm with Banner Bearer Tink Tink.

Sylvanas: You are all nothing!

Me: eeeeeeeeesh...she said the inside part out loud. /facepalm

Oh and OT:

They shouldn't pay any such reparations. If the Horde values the right of conquest so much let them be judged by it. As a blood elf I feel like we (the elves) have swallowed enough shit to be bothered by this crap. As a DK, I literally have to cause pain to not go crazy, so find a cure for that and then I'll consider stabbing fewer things.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2020-07-02 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

The Call of the Earth Mother

The Earth Mother cries out in anguish! For too long Her children have been oppressed by the Alliance of Evil! She has called for Her champion, and he has failed to answer. Garrosh Hellscream tried to answer, and started well, but the Hero of Northrend's pride made him too weak to wield the power of the Old God against the enemies of the Earth Mother. Sylvanas Windrunner also tried and began well, purging that corrupted tree which had become infested with those vile creatures, but the Banshee Queen's single-minded obsession has led her to seemingly become possessed by death itself. Only one true Champion has the strength to answer Her call.

Thrall, Freer of Slaves and Breaker of Chains, must take up the mantle of Warchief once more and avenge the Earth Mother! He must destroy the Boy King and his flea-bitten pet dog! He must root out the stunted races who burrow into and scar the Earth Mother, ripping Her treasures from Her by force! He must slaughter the twisted goats whose cowardice and weakness brought the Burning Legion to the tranquil plains of Nagrand, leading to the fel demonic enslavement of the noble Orcs, and then tore open a wound in the Azuremyst Isles! He must cast down the monuments to the evil Alliance slavers, he must burn their homes, and sink their ships, and take their lands, and spill every foul drop of Alliance blood upon the ground of Azeroth! Only then will the Earth Mother’s thirst for vengeance be sated and peaceful serenity return to Azeroth.

Come, Go’el, Hammer of Azeroth, heed the call of your adopted Mother and free your people from Alliance oppression once and for all! For the glory of Azeroth! For the Horde!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-02 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Chumahki View Post
    Horde stuff
    Thanks for the laugh.

If you don't work in a government propaganda department somewhere, you've missed your true calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    The Legion would be fucked.
    The BL actually was !@#$ed in Hyjal, thanks to the cooperation of nelfs, humans and orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the laugh.

If you don't work in a government propaganda department somewhere, you've missed your true calling.
    Tbh that wasn't any more ridiculous than Sylvanas' contrived, often contradictory, "reasons" at the beginning of BfA. Her ultimate intentions being retconned like three times during the course of the xpac says a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Horde loses characters? You don't say?

Horde fans: We want to crush the Alliance for existing! DA WER IN WERCREFT!
    Blizz writers, well known for being hippies: War is bad, maaaaaaaaaan.
    Horde fans: BLOOD! THUNDER! CHICKEN TENDIES!
    Blizz writers: Your endgame is everyone NotHorde dead. Alliance endgame is you stop murdering them for a while. Your endgame can't happen.
    Horde fans: We lust for mountains of skulls and rivers of blood! Also, don't you dare blame the war on our aggression.
    Blizz writers: OK, Alliance wins because we're not flushing our business model. Everything is blamed on $hordecharacter so the Horde itself is blameless.
    Horde fans: *surprised Pikachu face*
    We were TOLD we would be getting a grey war, where we could fight the Alliance and not be the bad guys.

We have been told this SINCE CATACLYSM.

All we want is what Blizz told us we'd have.

Compilation of Blizz's LIES:
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...version/596347
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    We were TOLD we would be getting a grey war, where we could fight the Alliance and not be the bad guys.

We have been told this SINCE CATACLYSM.

All we want is what Blizz told us we'd have.

Compilation of Blizz's LIES:
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...version/596347
    Christie Golden joined the writing team and she is a massive Alliance fan girl. This has emboldened the writing team to double down on "Alliance good, Horde bad". Now we got the "war council" which has made the Horde the Alliance but in red. The Horde has absolutely no identity left. It's only matter of time before a lore character is used as a villain again while the Alliance remains the golden rays of sunshine. Even when the Alliance does something heinous it's always the people acting alone or simply justified.