Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannekaker View Post
    I don't know, looks like you care quite a bit...
    Enough to make a joke about this ofc.
    TBH i think this kind of thing are totally irrelevant in the game, i only care about having fun with the class i play in the current contet.
    IF asked btw i think ANY kind of politics or real life religion should be keept outside the game but i'm a "mr nobody" and i won't force my opinion on anyone

Also why do people other than the devs get to decide if this npc wants pronouns like "he/him" Why isn't "they/them" appropriate? Just because he wanted to have a male body does not mean he wants to be called "he".

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Ah, why write a good story with cool subtle elements... when you can use tokenism and announce it in a bluepost?
    It's almost like they explained exactly why they announced it ahead of time in the post or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    oh for christ sakes... can we have ANYTHING....ANY..FUCKING..THING.. without political correctness or "inclusiveness" rammed into it?
    Completely harmless inclusion that does nothing to hinder or hurt you should be welcomed not chastised

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Also why do people other than the devs get to decide if this npc wants pronouns like "he/him" Why isn't "they/them" appropriate? Just because he wanted to have a male body does not mean he wants to be called "he".
    I... I... do... do you know how to read? This is literally explained in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by taydan5780 View Post
    No! Just be lucky we don't beat the devil out of your left hand like they did in the good old days! When men were men! and Women that used to be men didn't offend closeted snowflakes!
    best reply ever
    BTW there is no devil inside my left hand, only the god emperor of mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Its from the wowhead page man so i dont know how it can literally all be wrong.

Also lmao at the npcs name Pegalos, a play on the word Pegging. So he is an npc that is weak, fragile and named after a word for putting on a strap on dildo. GREAT JOB BLIZZARD LMAO!
    It's actually Pelagos, not Pegalos. Which means open sea in greek. But ok.

So, were they a female who wanted to be male while they were alive or did she just feel like becoming a man after death because the option was there?
    Last edited by Megor96; 2020-07-01 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasnt even aware that dying on Azeroth had the implication of returning as whatever you wanted in the Shadowlands. Kinda cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i addressed that up above. I misread and im happy the name has a good meaning/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, okay then.

"Haha, open sea, like OPEN LEGS? Oh man, BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY. BLIZZARD BTFO! Total DISASTER! Number 7 Will SHOCK YOU---wait."

People are just...wow. :/

If you have to post an explanation in the hopes that you don't make people made, then you probably shouldn't do it in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    It's almost like they explained exactly why they announced it ahead of time in the post or something.
    Don't remember a bluepost about how we could misunderstand Driana & Ilanya!

Just let me say.

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Don't remember a bluepost about how we could misunderstand Driana & Ilanya!
    They/them vs. he/him is a bit more complicated than two NPCs with female models saying they love each other.

They flat out said in the blue that they're responding to feedback regarding the confusion on it. Since people that present as male don't always like to be called that way, but this clarifies that the NPC in question does.

Like, companies absolutely do this rancid shit for brownie points, and Blizzard does skew towards the "affluent Cali slacktivist" end of the spectrum, but I really don't think this is an example of it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DargorDraconis View Post
    ofc they have to add another lgbt+ token
    you kwo what? at this point i don't even care anymore but if you want to add this "inclusivness" bs at least give me some left handed option for my character and some left handed character.
    we left handed are a "minority" no one care about (yes, this is irony and yes i'm really left handed)
    they actually had a left handed alliance soldier on the legion loading screen.

Ok. Cool.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Yes, Blizzard is playing 4D chess by "overannouncing" something which, without context, would also be labeled as virtue signalling.

I really don't give a shit one way or another but posts like these make me wonder why Blizzard even bothers trying to tell stories like this in the first place. It's a damned if they and damned if they don't situation. If they do let people know the context beforehand, they have galaxy brained individuals like you making the super original indication that they're only doing it for woke points or whatever the fuck. And if they don't, people will simply invent their own toxic and write the fucking narrative before it's given context. It's all around stupidity and proof that maybe we aren't ready for these kind of stories to be told just yet.
    I think you quite don't understand the issue here, for many years we had games where the characters are sexually ambiguous, gay, transgender, sometimes you don't even know,they worked and noone complained about it being propaganda or wrong apart from maybe some real homophobic people (not the ones people here cluelessly call homophobic) that was a part of their character, not an empty shell with TRANSGENDER written on top of it.

Having your gender/sexuality/skin color being your main defining point IS the problem, that's why the comments in here are so polarized, beetween people wrongly feeling this is helping a cause and people who see it as a manipulation, that's why people in black lives matters struggled to be taken seriously when they used "i'm black" as an argument, if you want to promote transgenders in your video game you make a great character that happens to be transgender, you don't make a character and light a giant panel over his head "HEY I'M TRANSGENDER", that's low effort and just shows you're doing it for easy PR.

I expected a shitstorm of stupidity and gross overreaction from this thread, and was very much not disappointed. Stay classy, MMO-C.