10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...24680311681024

THIS LUXURY AVENUE SHALL NOT BE DENIGRATED!.
    TIL that the words "Black Lives Matter" are a "symbol of hate".

Either that, or Trump is a fucking moron.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Trump's own words, yet again, bit him in the ass as he claims to live there.
    So what does that mean for his absentee vote in Florida?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    He did get trump on the record. Meuller said he thought he was lying (this opinion was redacted originally IIRC because it was a "harm to ongoing matter" [the stone case that has since resolved]).
    My bad. I meant that Mueller punted on getting Trump "on the record" by avoiding a personal interview. Where a skilled investigator can pick apart most idiots with contemporaneous questions.

Allowing Trump to submit answers via a questionnaire is a punt in my book.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Given that it's already under some scrutiny as he can't legally make Mar a Lago his residence apparently, which will probably go nowhere, this probably means nothing too. I imagine this is more just that he maintains a residence in NYC, even if it's not his "primary" residence, but I'm nowhere near familiar enough with the law to know with any certainty.

According to an OLC memo, a president cannot be indicted while in office. He registered to vote in florida without a residence (remember, due to a zoning agreement, mar-a-lago is a private club, formally restricted from being a residence). It's voter fraud. See also: his press secretary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

That he would be guilty of trying to vote 2 times in an election for the same position therefore it would be invalid and illegal. In most states it is a felony, and according to the US constitution, an impeachable offense. But like with anything else, the same people that would scream if it were anyone else would just sit on their hands because it is their guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Allowing Trump to submit answers via a questionnaire is a punt in my book.
    Still illegal to lie in sworn written statements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    That he would be guilty of trying to vote 2 times in an election for the same position therefore it would be invalid and illegal. In most states it is a felony, and according to the US constitution, an impeachable offense. But like with anything else, the same people that would scream if it were anyone else would just sit on their hands because it is their guy.
    He didn't vote two times. He doesn't have a residence in florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Still illegal to lie in sworn written statements.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't vote two times. He doesn't have a residence in florida.
    That is if he tried to vote in both jurisdiction. Not saying he did though.

10+ Year Old Account
    ~200 Dubya staffers are forming a group to support Biden against Trump.

CNN: Ex-George W. Bush officials launch new group supporting Joe Biden
    A group of former George W. Bush administration and campaign officials has launched a new super PAC to mobilize disaffected Republican voters for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The group, launched Wednesday under the name "43 Alumni for Biden," "seeks to unite and mobilize a community of historically Republican voters who are dismayed and disappointed by the damage done to our nation by Donald Trump's presidency," according to a release. The formation of the group is the latest example of efforts being made by anti-Trump Republicans to defeat the President in November.

Karen Kirksey, the director of the committee and who worked on the Bush 2000 election campaign and in the Labor and Agriculture Departments, said the endorsement of Biden is "not necessarily in full support of his political agenda but rather in full agreement with the urgent need to restore the soul of this nation."

"For four years, we have watched with grave concern as the party we loved has morphed into a cult of personality that little resembles the Party of Lincoln and Reagan," Kirksey said in a statement.

"Once elected, we look forward to working in a bipartisan way through civil, spirited debate on the many important issues facing Americans today and for decades to come," she continued later.

Reuters was first to report on the details of the group.

Kristopher Purcell, who worked in the Office of Communications in the White House and in the State Department during the Bush administration, told CNN that about 200 former officials and those who were part of the Bush campaigns have joined the group.

"A lot of us who worked in government, who have held positions of public integrity, we know what normal is," he told CNN. "We're seeing now what abnormal is and we're seeing the damage it can do to the country. We're seeing the way it can divide the country."

"The reason we're supporting former Vice President Biden," he continued, "is we believe he can bring stability to the country and honor and integrity back to the White House. The leadership and moral authority of the United States has been incredibly damaged."

Many Bush alums have been frustrated with Trump's presidency, said John Farner, a member of the group's committee who also worked on the Bush 2000 campaign.

"We're made up of Republicans, Democrats, and independents. We're a pretty diverse group that worked for the Bush administration during his eight years in office and a lot of us who have been involved in the Republican Party in the past were just looking for ways to get involved, to support Joe Biden for President because we haven't really campaigned with Democrats in the past," Farner told CNN. "We're not part of any other group, so this is a group where we felt comfortable going in and speaking with one voice."

43 Alumni for Biden is backing the former vice president as Trump's support slips in the polls.

Last month, a group of Republican operatives launched "Right Side PAC," that, according the group's founder Matt Borges, will work to turn "that group of Republicans who feels that Donald Trump is an existential threat to the country and this party."

A group called Republican Voters Against Trump launched a $10 million ad campaign in May targeting GOP-leaning voters in top swing states to encourage them to support Biden.

And a group of "Never Trump" Republicans formed the Lincoln Project in late 2019 and have run negative ads that have drawn the ire of Trump.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    We all care deeply about the luxury avenue's in big cities.
    I like the part where he said BLM was a hate group that wanted to kill police.

Speaking of things that make no sense: Kushner.

Sources tell Axios that Trump is getting sick of Kushner leading him astray.

President Trump has told people in recent days that he regrets following some of son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner's political advice — including supporting criminal justice reform — and will stick closer to his own instincts, three people with direct knowledge of the president's thinking tell Axios.

One person who spoke with the president interpreted his thinking this way: "No more of Jared's woke s***." Another said Trump has indicated that following Kushner's advice has harmed him politically.
    The article focuses on police reform, but let's be honest: Trump wouldn't be that upset with a family member for one mistake. Trump loves his family. Except his two ex wives. Oh, and one of his daughters. Oh right, and the book in court. And the jury's still out on Eric. Okay, Trump wouldn't get upset with Kushner for one mistake.

So let's recap the things Kushner has shoves his assumedly circumcized dick into:

1) Police reform

Article covers that just fine. Honestly, Trump has the most Trump timing ever, by going after "police reform" by means of pushing military-grade weapons right about the time they were caught murdering an unarmed, restrained civilian.

2) The Peace Plan in the Middle East

Where to start?

Absolutely nothing about this worked. Trump took Jerusalem from the Palestinians unilaterally, and then left. The next phase was basically to ask nearby nations to pay money to the Palestinians. It didn't work. And while the next move was probably to give Israel the green light to annex Palestinian land, even though they didn't take the money (the actions were so insulting the Palestinians didn't even show up), that didn't happen only because Israel's election was a clusterschmuck.

The entire thing fell apart, nobody's happy, and things are now worse.

3) Coronavirus response.

Yeah. I think we all know how that turned out. "It's supposed to be our stockpile" is the line that leaps to mind.

4) The Border Wall

All five feet of it. Oh, right, SCOTUS ruled against it. Whoops.

5) Oh, lest we forget, his repeated failures to get a security clearance.

Kushner is a Trump in all ways but name. He was born rich, fails routinely yet doesn't go broke or get arrested, thinks he's incredible at everything and goes silent/moves on when it's proven he's not. He's also just as unqualified as Trump is and given nearly as much power, unilaterally, by Trump.

And until now, something as minor as being compromised, damaging diplomatic relations, pushing what turned out to be an illegal monument to racism and stupidity, while engaged in encouraging the deaths of thousands of Americans by hoarding life-saving equipment, might have been handwaved as "not that bad". Then, when it came time for Trump to waddle across the street for a photo op with an upside-down Bible, and attend a rally with nearly one-third the seats filled, and we all know Trump wants to blame someone else. And he's running out of options.

Kushner should never have had a White House job. He's objectively unqualified, and before you take objection to the use of "objectively" the list of failures he's racked up make my point for me, so don't bother. Trump values loyalty more than effectiveness, but only to the point that there is effectiveness, which Kushner doesn't have.

Will Trump fire Kushner? That's a toughie. On the one hand, he's failed at everything he's done so far costing billions of dollars and thousands of lives, and he's a national disaster in a slightly better-fitting Chinese suit. On the other hand, so is Trump, and firing Kushner would not only add to @Edge- 's list of "only the best people" but Kushner is Trump's most used, most loyal (the death tax was removed) and most visible ally.

Trump can either show he values loyalty, or he can show he wants to help the country. He's already damaged both, but he can attempt to salvage one.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    That is if he tried to vote in both jurisdiction. Not saying he did though.
    He voted in florida. He's not a resident in florida. You don't have to vote twice to commit voter fraud.

This would be under part 2. A fair election process doesn't have non-residents voting as residents.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump is threatening to veto the Defense Spending Bill because it includes legislation requiring confederate named bases to be changed within three years.

Fucking idiot.

That bill, and god do I miss @Skroe for stuff like this, includes authorization to PAY our military. If it doesn't pass, technically it means they won't get paid. They will, but still.... The bill also includes a 3% raise for our soldiers - another popular thing to veto. And Trump wants to kill this because he's a fucking racist shitbag. Are we tired of winning yet?

To say that this bill has a veto proof majority is beyond obvious. Trump is doing what we all thought he would in the face of [potential] defeat, scortching the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    The $600 unemployment stabilizing funds are due to run out soon. McConnell "No to Everything" is insisting no more will follow.

Unemployment is extremely important. And we need to make sure, for those who are not able to recover their jobs, unemployment is adequate. That is a different issue from whether we ought to pay people a bonus not to go back to work. And so I think that was a mistake
    For those of you who forgot, the $600 was not a bonus. The $600 was there to cover the gap between what the average American earned, and the unemployment they'd be paid when their employer let them go. Otherwise they could not pay bills. McConnell is phrasing it like a bonus, in the ongoing effort to pave over all these people being fired with "paid a bonus to stay home".

I postulate that, if we are past the point of people being "paid a bonus to stay home", that means there are plenty of jobs just out there ready to be taken. Which means employers don't need the money, either, and we cut off that payment too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Wow, reading those tweets on his feed - those people are fucking insane.
    Thankfully, half of them are bots.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Trump is threatening to veto the Defense Spending Bill because it includes legislation requiring confederate named bases to be changed within three years.

Fucking idiot.

That bill, and god do I miss @Skroe for stuff like this, includes authorization to PAY our military. If it doesn't pass, technically it means they won't get paid. They will, but still.... The bill also includes a 3% raise for our soldiers - another popular thing to veto. And Trump wants to kill this because he's a fucking racist shitbag. Are we tired of winning yet?

To say that this bill has a veto proof majority is beyond obvious. Trump is doing what we all thought he would in the face of [potential] defeat, scortching the earth.
    I believe Thekri already chimed in on this a while back, but no chance in hell does it not pass regardless of Trump's posturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I believe Thekri already chimed in on this a while back, but no chance in hell does it not pass regardless of Trump's posturing.
    But if he does end up veto'ing it (to then be overruled) its going to make it into a Democrat ad come election.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Shoot, yeah - he did. Stupid scooping @Thekri - j/k of course. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. The only guarantee is that Trump will lose this round.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    But if he does end up veto'ing it (to then be overruled) its going to make it into a Democrat ad come election.
    The Lincoln Project is already salivating at the prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The $600 unemployment stabilizing funds are due to run out soon. McConnell "No to Everything" is insisting no more will follow.

For those of you who forgot, the $600 was not a bonus. The $600 was there to cover the gap between what the average American earned, and the unemployment they'd be paid when their employer let them go. Otherwise they could not pay bills. McConnell is phrasing it like a bonus, in the ongoing effort to pave over all these people being fired with "paid a bonus to stay home".

I postulate that, if we are past the point of people being "paid a bonus to stay home", that means there are plenty of jobs just out there ready to be taken. Which means employers don't need the money, either, and we cut off that payment too.
    More importantly it was also there to pay for their lost insurance and other lost benefits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    . McConnell is phrasing it like a bonus, in the ongoing effort to pave over all these people being fired with "paid a bonus to stay home".

because its not like you lose it in EVERY state if you refuse to go back to work or anything.....but he just ignores that part
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Trump campaign has apparently unveiled a new logo for official campaign T-shirts. Wanna see it? No? Too bad.

I did nazi this one coming.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-07-02 at 12:18 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The Trump campaign has apparently unveiled a new logo for official campaign T-shirts. Wanna see it?

I did nazi this one coming.
    I mean, the imagery is there, but I'm not going to say it's an outright copyright infringement. In the music business, they like to say it's simply an "inspiration."