Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I actually didn't if you re-read my posts. I can't say that if I don't want to get banned.
    Right, because sarcastically stopping yourself sure makes it any better.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    D&D went woke in S8 of GoT and became posters boys for bad writing, but not before their careers got tanked with the cancellation of Confederate and their Star Wars movies

Rian Johnson went woke in the Last Jedi and now he subverted expectations are mocked worldwide

Neil Cuckman went woke in the Last of Us 2 and his game is universally hated by everyone
    None of those are the result of 'going woke.' GOT Season 8 had numerous problems with the writing, none of which can be contributed to 'wokeness' and all of which can be contributed to rampant plot holes, character derailment, and a finale that ran out of steam faster than a steam engine in the Sahara.

Rian Johnson was mocked because he torched every single plot thread Abrams set up in The Force Awakens, made Luke a depressive hermit, and burned through Snoke's potential as a villain in favor of 'let the past die' monologues from Nietzsche's least-favorite son. Only a tiny subset of the audience was ree'ing over Rose and most of them had more worthy points to make like the caper segment ultimately only serving to pad a bloated film and give Finn some much-needed screentime (and rob Finn of a logical full-circle conclusion to his character arc by having him sacrifice himself to save the Rebellion).

The Last of Us 2's criticisms almost entirely lay in the story being overly bleak and nihilistic for no discernable reason other than "because art." Few if any reviewers, even those not beholden to ad revenue, are getting mad over Druckmann's 'wokeness.' It's because he drank from the same inspirational septic tank as D&D did for GOT S8 and completely wasted a promising plot in favor of another generic revenge plot with no closure and the primary antagonist getting off scott-free.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Wait, where did GoT S8 fall into "wokeness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Wait, where did GoT S8 fall into "wokeness?"
    When Jon stabbed Dany in the heart because her ideals didn't fit modern liberal values

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread just proves that people will get riled up over ANYTHING. I honestly don't see an issue with this and agree that he/him sounds better than it/they.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is mad about gay characters in Nier Automata, stop strawmanning. Yoko Taro did it tastefully and nobody cared, because we had feminine A2 and 2B making up for all the... other orientations. It wasn't virtue signalling like what Activision-Blizzard does.
    Bold considering A2 was canonically in a gay relationship prior to the game's events--the stage play covering the events of the failed Pearl Harbor Incident show she went rogue and YoRHa as a whole instated the ban on emotional attachments (a ban that seems ultimately symbolic) due to her lover dying in the raid. 2B seems asexual but romantically interested in 9S given her behavior and internal monologue, as well as her final farewell recorded on her flight deck. I get the feeling you didn't pay much attention if you think 2B and A2 were traditional straight women (and it's doubly weird that you highlight them specifically as 'feminine' when all the YoRHa androids we meet except 9S are feminine and dress femininely).

I have to agree with @arr0gance, you've got a bold strategy going on here by seemingly being as obtuse as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    When Jon stabbed Dany in the heart because her ideals didn't fit modern liberal values
    Putting on my reactionary brainlet hat, wouldn't stabbing a "stronk independent womyn" be seen as "most unwoke?"

I feel like going off that, anyone could twist their head 270 degrees and call anything woke. Besides, substitution of monarchy for a council of elites that have no input from constituents ain't exactly liberal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This thread is so cringe. Literally manchildren who are stuck in 1950.
    "You can't have that opinion about a group with a 40% suicide attempt rate, it's the current year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Bold considering A2 was canonically in a gay relationship prior to the game's events--the stage play covering the events of the failed Pearl Harbor Incident show she went rogue and YoRHa as a whole instated the ban on emotional attachments (a ban that seems ultimately symbolic) due to her lover dying in the raid. 2B seems asexual but romantically interested in 9S given her behavior and internal monologue, as well as her final farewell recorded on her flight deck. I get the feeling you didn't pay much attention if you think 2B and A2 were traditional straight women (and it's doubly weird that you highlight them specifically as 'feminine' when all the YoRHa androids we meet except 9S are feminine and dress femininely).

I have to agree with @arr0gance, you've got a bold strategy going on here by seemingly being as obtuse as possible.
    Yeah well I didn't watch the stage play and if anything the fact that I didn't realize A2 is gay (if a robot can be gay in the first place) means it wasn't pushed into my face. I found romantic relationships between female robots organic and not forced at all. I stand by that A2 and 2B are very feminine - seems like you can make a lesbian that isn't a raging dyke, shocking. It's almost like I'm not against gay people in general, but virtue signaling and pushing the agenda in video games. Makes you think, doesn't it? But I'm sure you'll twist whatever praise I just said against me, because I'm a "bigot", "racist", "straight white male" or whatever buzzword trans-crowd uses these days. I'm just glad WoW becomes a containment game for y'all.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to be respectful to made up, fictional, non-existing characters, because they DON'T EXIST. Let's call it what it is - pandering and virtue signaling to the mental.... oh I'm sorry - I meant to the LGBT crowd.
    Not like I care, you couldn't make me come back to this trash even if you paid me.
    "I don't care!", he cries as he peers over his fat rolls and cheeto encrusted fingers and furiously types their vitriol after having sought out the thread and reading through it on the website of a game they supposedly don't play anymore .

People like yourself are why this stuff is necessary and honestly I'm taking immense pleasure in seeing snowflakes like yourself get so triggered .
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2020-07-01 at 08:08 PM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I actually didn't if you re-read my posts. I can't say that if I don't want to get banned. But still, nice signature - because everyone cares about your sexual/gender views. You're just as obnoxious as rest of your "pals".
    Are you mad because LGBT people get more acceptance than weebs and incels like you? Rise up, oppressed gamer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Litterally a nothing-sandwich. Like if we met this character on our own during questing everyone except a few radicals would think:"hmmm, so you were a woman in life and you are now a man in death? Okay."

This is just Blizzard trying to force some narrative down our collective throats and I'm sick of it, since it wouldn't have mattered at all if we'd gone through it naturally.

Lesson: Let people absorb the LGBT-acceptance message naturally over time instead of this 'push' that's happening everywhere. Rome wasn't build in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by hermansen View Post
    Litterally a nothing-sandwich. Like if we met this character on our own during questing everyone except a few radicals would think:"hmmm, so you were a woman in life and you are now a man in death? Okay."

This is just Blizzard trying to force some narrative down our collective throats and I'm sick of it, since it wouldn't have mattered at all if we'd gone through it naturally.

Lesson: Let people absorb the LGBT-acceptance message naturally over time instead of this 'push' that's happening everywhere. Rome wasn't build in one day.
    Except there would've been outrage if people discovered it naturally too. Did you live under a rock when people found out Tracer is a lesbian? Soldier talking about his husband?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hermansen View Post

Lol they literally had a gay couple that these gamers lost their shit over solely from datamining the quest which is why Blizz made a statement this time.

Also there is no push going on. LGBT characters are still by and large a minority to all the other character's relationships in a show. People just seem to think it's being pushed in your face because that small thing is all they can fixate on because they disagree with it.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well I didn't watch the stage play and if anything the fact that I didn't realize A2 is gay (if a robot can be gay in the first place) means it wasn't pushed into my face. I found romantic relationships between female robots organic and not forced at all. I stand by that A2 and 2B are very feminine - seems like you can make a lesbian that isn't a raging dyke, shocking. It's almost like I'm not against gay people in general, but virtue signaling and pushing the agenda. Makes you think, doesn't it? But I'm sure you'll twist whatever praise I just said against me, because I'm a "bigot", "racist", "straight white male" or whatever buzzword trans-crowd uses these days. I'm just glad WoW becomes a containment game for y'all.
    I never said you were any of those. I've said you have very strange standards and come off as extremely obtuse when you make comments disparaging homosexuals and trans people only to immediately fall back on 'but I have nothing against them,' including, and I quote, "Yoko Taro did it tastefully and nobody cared, because we had feminine A2 and 2B making up for all the... other orientations." For someone who seems upset about others putting words in their mouth, you were awful quick to put words in mine. I've yet to make any sort of judgment about your beliefs outside your posting habits in this thread, amigo.

Also, considering in the NieR setting androids and machines have taken the place of humanity due to humanity dying out, and the YoRHa androids in particular are often described as being advanced enough AI that there is no functional difference between them and natural intelligence like humans (even the unaffiliated androids like Jackass and the others you meet display complex personalities, to say nothing of recurring characters Devola and Popola), it stands to reason that they've formed enough self-awareness to also develop gender identities. So yes, androids can be gay. They're even capable of going insane without the interference of the Logic Virus, as evidenced by 9S in the later endings up to and including Ending [E] and even his guest appearance in FFXIV's tie-in raid and storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Putting on my reactionary brainlet hat, wouldn't stabbing a "stronk independent womyn" be seen as "most unwoke?"

I feel like going off that, anyone could twist their head 270 degrees and call anything woke. Besides, substitution of monarchy for a council of elites that have no input from constituents ain't exactly liberal.

Woke != independent strong women. Actually it's the opposite of that. Woke = left-wing misogynists trying to claim moral superiority over right-wing misogynists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    "I don't care!", he cries as he peers over his fat rolls and cheeto encrusted fingers and furiously types their vitriol after having sought out the thread and reading through it on the website of a game they supposedly don't play anymore .

People like yourself why this stuff is necessary and honestly I'm taking immense pleasure in seeing snowflakes like yourself get so triggered .
    >Location: California
    Color me surprised.

See? I can ad hominem, project and strawman too.
    Yes, I don't play WoW anymore. I quit a month into BFA and I'm never coming back. Yet wasting 8 years of my life playing this (once great) game gives me the right to comment here - no matter how much it "triggers" you AND how much of a dumpster fire it becomes with each patch. I'm honestly enjoying it in a cathartic kind of way.

Hmm hmm, blizzard addressing what's most important.

Panderwatch failed, so now it's WoW that's gonna get crammed with this bullshit, amazing

15+ Year Old Account
    how DARE blizzard do this. this is just as bad as when they banned that e-sports guy due to hong kong. their censoring and pc pandering must be stopped.

i said it before, and i will say it again. we must rise up gamers! we must show blizzard we will not stand for their PC bullshit! we must make our voices heard, blizzard will come to know they should fear the wrath of us gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    It makes it very difficult to treat LGBTQ (whatever) community as equals when you have companies and themselves pointing it out: "SEEEE, we are doing a good thing!!!! We are special!"

You want to be treated equally? Don't announce every single move you take. I personally would simply shrugged off at this character, now I will most likely roll my eyes whenever I see this character because: "Oh yeah, Blizzard had to point it out."
    You clearly missed it when the Overwatch community through a fit at Soldier's husband mention.