Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    how DARE blizzard do this. this is just as bad as when they banned that e-sports guy due to hong kong. their censoring and pc pandering must be stopped.

i said it before, and i will say it again. we must rise up gamers! we must show blizzard we will not stand for their PC bullshit! we must make our voices heard, blizzard will come to know they should fear the wrath of us gamers.
    Please be real. Please don't be a copypasta.

Quote Originally Posted by Selaira View Post
    You clearly missed it when the Overwatch community through a fit at Soldier's husband mention.
    Get woke go broke

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    "You can't have that opinion about a group with a 40% suicide attempt rate, it's the current year!"
    Suicide rates are directly related to the treatment of trans people. Trans people allowed to socially and medically transition have a suicide rate comparable to any other demographic. But when you demonize people, shame them, and in many US states can fire them, evict them, ignore medical treatment, and other nonsense, yeah it stays high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    >Location: California
    Color me surprised.

See? I can ad hominem, project and strawman too.
    Yes, I don't play WoW anymore. I quit a month into BFA and I'm never coming back. Yet wasting 8 years of my life playing this (once great) game gives me the right to comment here - no matter how much it "triggers" you AND how much of a dumpster fire it becomes with each patch. I'm honestly enjoying it in a cathartic kind of way.
    Oh sweety, you're the one losing your shit not me . These relationships and the LGBT are being added in a lot of games and there is literally nothing you lot who are stuck in the past can do about it other than cry about it online.

Also there is no ad-hominem here since anyone reading your posts can tell exactly what sort of person you are as you flip-flop between saying gay people have a mental disorder and that you don't have a problem with them lol. Also learn what a strawman argument is before trying to appear well-versed in logical fallacies as you spewing your vitriol over the forums isn't any argument and as such you have no premise worth debating ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Oh boy, 1 character out of every 1000 is lgbtq. The sky is falling. What they should do in actuality is make it at least 1 in 10 that are lgbtq, because thats much closer to real life.
    Oh I know this. I'm just here for the salt my dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Get woke go broke
    Oh no, it's a broken record now.

It's funny seeing you lot keep parroting this line even as [insert media here]'s bottom-line is hardly affected lol.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    There's actually also a gay male Night Elf couple (that also were Night Warriors) but they didn't make a post proclaiming how progressive they are about it so nobody cares (which is the right way to do it).
    I guess this proves mine and your point since I didn’t know about them and never noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Oh no, it's a broken record now.

It's funny seeing you lot keep parroting this line even as [insert media here]'s bottom-line is hardly affected lol.
    Activision will eat Blizzard's ass when they see the ad revenue they lost from going woke on the Method question

10+ Year Old Account
    Activision will eat Blizzard's ass when they see the ad revenue they lost from going woke on the Method question
    Why is Activision threatening Blizzard with a good time then?

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I never said you were any of those. I've said you have very strange standards and come off as extremely obtuse when you make comments disparaging homosexuals and trans people only to immediately fall back on 'but I have nothing against them,' including, and I quote, "Yoko Taro did it tastefully and nobody cared, because we had feminine A2 and 2B making up for all the... other orientations." For someone who seems upset about others putting words in their mouth, you were awful quick to put words in mine. I've yet to make any sort of judgment about your beliefs outside your posting habits in this thread, amigo.

Also, considering in the NieR setting androids and machines have taken the place of humanity due to humanity dying out, and the YoRHa androids in particular are often described as being advanced enough AI that there is no functional difference between them and natural intelligence like humans (even the unaffiliated androids like Jackass and the others you meet display complex personalities, to say nothing of recurring characters Devola and Popola), it stands to reason that they've formed enough self-awareness to also develop gender identities. So yes, androids can be gay. They're even capable of going insane without the interference of the Logic Virus, as evidenced by 9S in the later endings up to and including Ending [E] and even his guest appearance in FFXIV's tie-in raid and storyline.
    Fuck, don't make me reply to a wall of text post like this... Oh god, alright let's go.
    I said I'm fine with gays, I will not state my personal opinion on trans-people, because I would probably get banned. So this is the first thing you got wrong. Let's just say I'm not "okay" with the latter.
    I do admit I might have been a bit obtuse, but I have an image of people who unironically use words like "bigot" (and "incel", "snowflake" and so on other people called me in this thread so far) and it's not the types I'd like to be polite to.

Considering Nier:
    YoRHa androids in particular are often described as being advanced enough AI that there is no functional difference between them and natural intelligence like humans
    I think it's more your understanding and filling the gaps, since this isn't stated or implied anywhere in the game.
    it stands to reason that they've formed enough self-awareness to also develop gender identities
    and now you're digging yourself deeper into your fan theory.
    So yes, androids can be gay
    See above.
    They're even capable of going insane without the interference of the Logic Virus,
    Actually they aren't. 9S was infected by the Logic Virus, hence the red eyes. He managed the isolate/defend himself from the virus well enough to slow down the infection, however he wasn't able to completely avoid it in the end.
    His FFXIV appearance doesn't prove anything, since the story isn't complete and there's no implication of him being evil or insane (so far).

Please don't make me write such long replies next time. Let's just call each other "assholes" and be done with it for all chance either of us will find a common ground about *anything* on the internet.

Also there is no ad-hominem here since anyone reading your posts can tell exactly what sort of person you are as you flip-flop between saying gay people have a mental disorder and that you don't have a problem with them lol. Also learn what a strawman argument is before trying to appear well-versed in logical fallacies as you spewing your vitriol over the forums isn't any argument and as such you have no premise worth debating ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Am I missing something? Do they not teach kids in California to read? Do you want to STRAWMAN any more arguments my way or are you content feeling superior, by shoving fingers in your ears (eyes) and going "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU, LOL U MAD, YOU SUCK HAHA LALALA".
    Truly there is nothing to debate with you.
    Last edited by Cavox; 2020-07-01 at 08:30 PM.

Why is Activision threatening Blizzard with a good time then?
    Reverse psychology

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selaira View Post
    Suicide rates are directly related to the treatment of trans people.
    I would assume that, say, Sweden is significantly less Transphobic than the United States of America, wouldn't you?

Trans people allowed to socially and medically transition have a suicide rate comparable to any other demographic.
    This actually isn't supported by the data, but hey I look forward to the inevitable response that will just selectively quote whatever meme study you didn't read straight from a post with a lot of upvotes from whatever Fetish subreddit you came over from.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    Not looking for a fight over it, but does this mean blizzard have put T in the game before LGB?
    They are adding and openly gay couple in SL.

And there is that lesbian couple you help in Azsuna.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck, don't make me reply to a wall of text post like this... Oh god, alright let's go.
    I said I'm fine with gays, I will not state my personal opinion on trans-people, because I would probably get banned. So this is the first thing you got wrong. Let's just say I'm not "okay" with the latter.
    I do admit I might have been a bit obtuse, but I have an image of people who unironically use words like "bigot" (and "incel", "snowflake" and so on other people called me in this thread so far) and it's not the types I'd like to be polite to.
    Two paragraphs is a text wall? Alright then. But yes, whatever I might think, I haven't called you as such because I'm a fan of intellectual honesty. Ad hominems in a discussion are not intellectually-honest ways to discuss things, so I try to stay away from them and address one's actions within the thread proper and the content of their posts. You know the old adage: a broken clock is right twice a day, so things should be addressed on their own merits.

Considering Nier:

I think it's more your understanding and filling the gaps, since this isn't stated or implied anywhere in the game.
    and now you're digging yourself deeper into your fan theory.
    See above.
    You're right that I am extrapolating from ingame evidence, as well as evidence from elsewhere in the Drakengard and NieR series. Chiefly, the difference in personality complexity from Drakgengard 3's Accord series of androids, who display very basic personality emulation and have very inhuman movements, those of Devola and Popola in the first NieR as well as the gestalts' still-slightly-off personalities, and finally the YoRHa androids who display almost picture-perfect humanlike AI, which is on display all around The Bunker and in unaffiliated androids in Anemone's camp.

Actually they aren't. 9S was infected by the Logic Virus, hence the red eyes. He managed the isolate/defend himself from the virus well enough to slow down the infection, however he wasn't able to completely avoid it in the end.
    Fair point.

His FFXIV appearance doesn't prove anything, since the story isn't complete and there's no implication of him being evil or insane (so far).
    I think his boss calls are pretty clear indicators that he's off his rocker. That and the room full of dead 2Bs you can find while exploring the Copied Factory in quests after finishing the raid, a clear callback to the Room of 2Bs fight from the original game.

Please don't make me write such long replies next time. Let's just call each other "assholes" and be done with it for all chance either of us will find a common ground about *anything* on the internet.
    I'm an idealist. I may disagree with you, vehemently, on given topics, but there's still value in having the discussion. For example, I had honestly forgotten 9S cordoned off the virus and slowly succumbed to it--his personality emulation was so lifelike that it seemed very much like he broke under the strain of the Endings C/D/E timelines.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

How dare you forget Jadaar and Asric

15+ Year Old Account
    Dudes that regularly roll female toons in an MMO are now having a problem with a fictitious "female-born" NPC wanting to reincarnate from the afterlife as a male. lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

There's also two sentinels in Crystalsong Forest, Sweetspring and another (whose name I can't recall offhand as it's been some time since I quested there) who she flirts with, and a couple in the monk order hall who were confirmed to be based on a dev's relative and her partner at the time. There's a human female and dwarf female in the Alliance shrine in Pandaria who share a surname, but there's leeway there as they could potentially be adoptive siblings or in-laws.

All I see is the perspective of a bigot. You literally fit in the definition of it by having some problem with people that are different than you, just because they are different. At least you are very upfront about it, so kudos there I guess.

Also, "I'm fine with gays" also screams "I am a bigot". If you don't understand why that is okay, most bigots don't.

Honestly I felt the "they/them" added an alien quality to the Kyrian.

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare you forget Jadaar and Asric
    What ever happened to those two? I know the dev who wrote their chatter parted ways with the company, but the last I clearly remember them was the Argent Tournament, and I think I remember seeing them in Legion Dalaran trading insults like usual? Did they just discontinue the running gag now that dev is gone? 'Cause that's a shame. Finding them and seeing their relationship progress from antagonistic to bros-for-life was a nice running thread from expansion to expansion.