Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Translation: The facts, quotes and links you provide do not line up with my version of reality so you are wrong.
    He has claimed the game will never release, that there is no game at all, there is no way to make money after development, features added for no reason and saying they were not planned and many other things.

When you make claims like this and say everything you say is fact then it shows the lack of credibility they have and no self respect at all.

All he has is theories and no facts about the game/company at all, he must be a derek superfan or related in some way.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You have already shown your lack of credibility multiple times over and constantly lie and say everything you say is fact. You have yet to provide even one piece of information that proves anything you have said even remotely accurate.

You are unable to defeat anyone with your clear lack of actual facts about the game, your posts are just amusement at this point with seeing how far your willing lie in order to validate your feelings about SC.
    He literally linked several threads, videos, and gave direct quotes from the brainchild of the project to support his opinions.

He has claimed the game will never release, that there is no game at all, there is no way to make money after development, features added for no reason and saying they were not planned and many other things.
    So, you're picking one of the many things he's said, which is an opinion he supported well with the evidence you're claiming doesn't exist, and using that to say that nothing he has to say has merit. Gotcha. Well played, Kenn.

All he has is theories and no facts about the game/company at all.
    But that is so obviously not the whole truth. He has opinions and he has facts. We can't dismiss every fact because we dislike some opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    But that is so obviously not the whole truth. He has opinions and he has facts. We can't dismiss every fact because we dislike some opinions.
    He has not provided any facts that can actually be backed up by information that CiG only knows, it is all just theories. Saying features were not planned that are being implemented, how can he know they were not planned, not every single feature in the game is going to be listed in the roadmap or kickstarter and doesnt have to be in the stretch goals either for it to be put into the game.

Just because you say its a fact doesnt mean thats true.

He has not provided any facts that can actually be backed up by information that CiG only knows, it is all just theories.
    *eyeroll* If you put it that way then not a damn thing you've said can be backed up either because only CiG knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    BUT they didnt start development until 2017!!!!!!!!!!!

LoL OMFG My Sides:
    Last edited by Beazy; 2020-06-30 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

LoL OMFG My Sides:
    This right here shows you how much he's willing to lie in order to make himself look better. Pure sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    This right here shows you how much he's willing to lie in order to make himself look better. Pure sociopath.
    If you think that was bad.

Forgot the most important one!

"Thanks for pledging Guys HeHehe

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Forgot the most important one!

So no reaction on facts? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    So no reaction on facts? lol
    If chris wants to change something then he has that right, its his company and he is the one making the game, he has stated on many occasions that he wont release something unless its ready, development of a game changes so suck it up.

If chris wants to change something then he has that right, its his company and he is the one making the game, he has stated on many occasions that he wont release something unless its ready, development of a game changes so suck it up.
    This is true.

But it does not shield him from criticism for repeatedly making claims about progress that fail to materialize. If he's incapable of doing so, he needs to keep his comments far more vague and general until they have full confidence that what he's saying can be achieved in the timline he's stating.

This, again, goes back to Roberts' history of poor project management. Thankfully he's got a community bankroll this so it's not a huge issue for him or the studio right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is true.

But it does not shield him from criticism for repeatedly making claims about progress that fail to materialize. If he's incapable of doing so, he needs to keep his comments far more vague and general until they have full confidence that what he's saying can be achieved in the timline he's stating.

This, again, goes back to Roberts' history of poor project management. Thankfully he's got a community bankroll this so it's not a huge issue for him or the studio right now.
    If the backer done any research or knows about chris before putting money in then you knew what your were getting into, it would be the backers own fault for backing a project without prior knowledge.

Backing something means you accept all risks involved in the project.

Noone else is making anything close to what Star Citizen is offering, all this thread gets used for is to trash talk the company with no discussion on the actual game.

If the backer done any research or knows about chris before putting money in then you knew what your were getting into, it would be the backers own fault for backing a project without prior knowledge.

Noone else is making anything close to what Star Citizen is offering, all this thread gets used for is to trash talk the company with no discussion on the actual game.
    That's all well and good and totally irrelevant to my point.

Chris Roberts routinely says dumb shit like in the quoted posts above. That dumb shit is rightfully deserving of criticism, and a hallmark of his poor project management skills.

That others may be well aware of it and fine with that is separate. I'm not saying they should be outraged or anything, if they're fine with that, that's cool. But because some are fine with it doesn't mean that it's not something worthy of criticism.

This is the old "deflect and redirect" response to criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    So you're supporting the terrible business practices I guess? Long as the company keeps getting money right?

On a side note, I love how you don't have any real comment to the quotes this guy has said. Just going to ignore them because the 'facts' are too real right?

- - - Updated - - -

suck it up sounds like the motto of SC. Of course when presented with things CR has said you have to deflect in this manner because what can you guys do against such facts? Nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh noez facts are coming out! Time to switch gears and bash the thread as a trash talk forum with no discussion of the game! Yup, don't look at quotes from CR and actually have a negative view on them like other people. Totally just push aside the LIES he's said over the years and attack the thread! Good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So you're supporting the terrible business practices I guess? Long as the company keeps getting money right?

On a side note, I love how you don't have any real comment to the quotes this guy has said. Just going to ignore them because the 'facts' are too real right?

- - - Updated - - -

suck it up sounds like the motto of SC. Of course when presented with things CR has said you have to deflect in this manner because what can you guys do against such facts? Nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh noez facts are coming out! Time to switch gears and bash the thread as a trash talk forum with no discussion of the game! Yup, don't look at quotes from CR and actually have a negative view on them like other people. Totally just push aside the LIES he's said over the years and attack the thread! Good plan.
    I mean, to be honest, what do you expect?

Its like playing chess with pigeon, he will throw figures, shit on board and then proudly procclaim he won.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I mean, to be honest, what do you expect?

Its like playing chess with pigeon, he will throw figures, shit on board and then proudly procclaim he won.
    Pretty much, it is pretty funny how hard they try at it. Facts are the things that scare them into shit fling mode too.

They can't defend Chris and win an argument. They are smart enough to know this, it's why they avoid any and all discussion especially when it comes to details.

Had I still supported Star Citizen in arguments I'd never have defended Chris even today. He has fucked up repeatedly and fucked up quite badly too over the years. Those are just the facts, regardless of which side of the fence you're on.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    They can't defend Chris and win an argument. They are smart enough to know this, it's why they avoid any and all discussion especially when it comes to details.

Had I still supported Star Citizen in arguments I'd never have defended Chris even today. He has fucked up repeatedly and fucked up quite badly too over the years. Those are just the facts, regardless of which side of the fence you're on.
    Don't forget posting at how proud they are at the money collected over the years despite CR being a quite accomplished liar.

its a shame that this game is headed by that guy, I pledged a while ago for the avenger titan, I guess I'm happy to sit and wait for it to become a more rounded game and actually have something that could be called a full loop.

at the same time i've read a good portion of this thread and I'm not sure what the actual point of the argument is..

to me if someone else came out with a space game that was even a fraction of what this game hopes to one day be, I'd be all over it, so would everyone else. but that game does not exist. star citizen does and its most ppl best hope of a game of this scope in the shortest amount of time. if information about another game or a competitor to star citizen was released tomorrow it would still be years behind this project. elite dangerous is likely the closest title but look at how long its taken them to get to where they are, their walking around expansion doesn't release until next year, they still haven't done atmospheric planets. both games are taking an inordinate amount of time to reach a 'completed' state. no amount of whining is going to change much.

in other words you can shit on SC as much as you want, but until someone comes along with a game that can compete with it, its the game that there is. rather than the game that there is not. its the idea that there is some sort of better game 'why waste your time on this game when there is this other game' except in the case of SC, there is no other game.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-07-01 at 10:01 PM.