Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So, how many unsubing due to this change?
    Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Indeed, yet that info is very outdated.
    Thankfully, schools tend to catch up on information and adjust accordingly.
    What outdated? There are seriously only 2 genders? Wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a pretty cool way to represent the transformation into one's 'ideal self' that Bastion offers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    It's fine; Chromie got there first.

Her non-dragon form is a female gnome mage, but as her dragon name is Chronormu and the suffix for male dragons is -normu, not -normi, she's actually a male dragon.
    They went out of their way in Heroes of the Storm to add voice lines for Chromie that says that, yes, she's female, and apparently we're ignorant for thinking we understand "bronze dragon naming culture."

Also, I will be very curious to see if Pelagos' identity is acknowledged in other translations of the game. My money is on Pelagos being a completely mundane character without any reference to trans identity in every other translation, except for Europe and US.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2020-07-01 at 09:50 PM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that's cool but I don't understand why they have to make a statement about it. I just want this year of over-correctness to end for good, it's getting irritating at this point. I understand it's for the greater good when it happens with logic but this is getting stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh joy, the covenant that tells you to forget yourself or be branded a failure and kicked off to some other mortal coil for being yourself let's you choose your ephemeral cosmetics before brainwashing you. Nice one Blizz, just as amazing as people who lost their shit hyping off two deceased and indefinitely tortured in death characters somehow being a win in Ardenweald. Shoving it in really works.

On the other hand, why bother pointing it out?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    This raises some weird lore questions...

The body reflects the spirit and vice versa in wow. It is why forsaken don't appear as normal humans in their spirit form as the plague twists even their spirit. Nightelves were the exception due to their strong links to the forest making them become forest spirits.

Has the lore changed then? If the spirit no longer reflects the body does a ghost reflect a being's true self or its idolized form now?
    It seems like this is a key feature for kyrian aspirants, not something available to any old spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Ok, that's cool but I don't understand why they have to make a statement about it.
    The team had originally written him to use they/them pronouns, but received feedback that he/him would be more respectful of the character’s wishes to be identified as a man. This change is simply the result of us listening and responding to that feedback.
    It's right there.

I wish I understood the announcement, and the feelings for/against/annoyed by it. I honestly don't understand the announcement, nor it's intention -genuine or yucky, nor the reaction to the announcement by those here. guess these things aren't on my radar or I live under a rock. I go into this announcement with the understanding that kyrians aren't male or female because they don't reproduce, so I'm not sure why they have feminine/masculine features/appearances to begin with. I think referring to them as they is because they are otherworldly and don't relate/adhere to our plane-of-life rules -they are neither male nor female by our 'life' definitions/ways. I don't know if they can be called he or she or whatever because they are aren't he's or she's by our understanding, they are simply angels. If I'm being insensitive, I apologize, I actually have no idea what this announcement is or what it means, nor the reactions involved. *scratches head* If someone cares to explain without sarcasm or opinion, that'd be great and appreciated!
    Gender has value, to some, beyond reproductive capability.
    Kyrians are still ultimately from a great many species that at one point were human/humanoid and identified as having these kinds of rules in the first place, so their ideal selves and shifting into "Kyrian-ness" as it were still has baggage from their own self-concept.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2020-07-01 at 09:51 PM.

Let the bigots screech, if this is "social justice" to them, they must lead pretty fucking privileged lives.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    It's right there.
    I don't understand why they have to make a blue post about this change. They went out of their way and played it safe just to appease to the current trend of being politically correct. It's just a character whose pronouns they could change without making a post about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    What outdated? There are seriously only 2 genders? Wtf?
    Gender is a social construct.
    There are as many genders as society wants there to be.
    Sex and gender are not the same thing.

It's literally just a term to describe a bundle of (pretty much arbitrary) social performative behaviors.

American Psychological Association (extra apa link)
    American Medical Association
    American Psychoanalytic Association
    Human Rights Campaign
    American Academy of Pediatrics
    American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians
    United Nations
    United Kingdom’s National Health Service

All agree on it.
    And many others too.

https://www.thetrevorproject.org/trv...nder-identity/
    Here's an article from the trevor project about it.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-07-01 at 10:03 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I don't understand why they have to make a blue post about this change. They went out of their way and played it safe just to appease to the current trend of being politically correct. It's just a character whose pronouns they could change without making a post about it.
    I quoted why. If there was feedback and they wanted to clarify the intention of the character, it doesn't take that long to make a blue post about it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    there is probably something in game I would gather that refers to his mortal life as a woman, maybe quest text or something and so they wanted to clarify it

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    I quoted why. If there was feedback and they wanted to clarify the intention of the character, it doesn't take that long to make a blue post about it.
    It doesn't take long to do anything. The reason you don't do everything is because you don't have unlimited time. Out of the billions of other concerns they could address, they chose to devote time to this one. Nobody cares that a male NPC has male pronouns. Characters in fiction have been doing that shit since people started creating it. We have men giving birth to 8-legged horses and and world-spanning giant snakes and shit; this is nothing new or interesting and people do not need clarifications for why a character that looks like a male is referred to as a male because nobody has ever needed that clarification in the whole history of humanity. It's blatantly a stupid political virtue signal. Let's not play pretend we're too stupid to understand that.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    They went out of their way in Heroes of the Storm to add voice lines for Chromie that says that, yes, she's female, and apparently we're ignorant for thinking we understand "bronze dragon naming culture."

Also, I will be very curious to see if Pelagos' identity is acknowledged in other translations of the game. My money is on Pelagos being a completely mundane character without any reference to trans identity in every other translation, except for Europe and US.
    Yeah, I was corrected earlier in the thread. Old lore is old.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

lol

trannies

lol

misgendering owns btw

Imagine being so emotionally fragile that a fictional ghost switching genders in the afterlife makes you angry.

This thread is fucking gold, thank you for the entertainment. I have no problem with this and yes its virtue signalling not surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I didn't reply because I didn't deem you worthy of one. If you want to be prejudiced and stupid and then backtrack when you get called out, that is your prerogative. I generally don't enage with people who are blatantly trolling

So im prejudiced because i was against blizzard making a character weak (would have loved to see the character kick ass from the start) and have a name that could imply something else offensive(which i misread and am glad since the name has a good meaning) ? You are crazy man. You are so caught up in your outrage you didnt even realize what you were responding to hahaha.