Poll: Most suitable Azshara substitute

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Don't let the lighting and style confuse you, Azshara from Warbringers is a Night Elf from top to bottom like her in-game version.
    But it looks nothing like a night elf - void elf or nightborne look much closer.

- - - Updated - - -

I just made one in the Shadowlands Dressing Room (wowhead) and I think I could select some cool blue / purple / gray shades. Nothing as blue as Azshara as far as I saw but it was enough to make a nice Highborne Mage instead of going for a Void Elf like OP wants.

Even made a gallery on imgur.
    Okay, good effort, now can you do the same with a nightborne character and a void elf - wanna bet they'd look closer to her?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I'm modelling her after the Warbringers version, not that night elf un game model version.

Night elves arent blue or purple currently, they are pink, light brown, white or grey/black
    Excuse me? Might want to get an eye evaluation or check the color scheme on your computer monitor. Night elves have 0 brown options, 0 black options, 1 very light grey option and a couple blue-greys (a lighter dull blue). Honestly most of their choices could be said to be on some spectrum of pink and/or purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Night Elf easy. Golden eyes and when all is said and done she WAS a Night Elf durrrrr...

Void Elf? That's like not related at all and Nightborne (aside from having whole 3 customization options that look like shit) don't have golden eyes which was the number one distinct feature of Azshara.
    I'll give you on the golden eyes front, but apart from the eye colour and ear shape - it's nothing alike. in fact, with her head looking up, the void elf ears would look quite night elven, so it's just the eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Either I'm color blind, or Night Elves can be purple in-game.
    That, and light blue. You are stuck with Night Elf, OP. Something like this is as close as you'll get:

- - - Updated - - -

I'll give you on the golden eyes front, but apart from the eye colour and ear shape - it's nothing alike. in fact, with her head looking up, the void elf ears would look quite night elven, so it's just the eyes.
    I'm not sure how many would agree with you. She looks like a Night Elf to me in Warbringers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Excuse me? Might want to get an eye evaluation or check the color scheme on your computer monitor. Night elves have 0 brown options, 0 black options, 1 very light grey option and a couple blue-greys (a lighter dull blue). Honestly most of their choices could be said to be on some spectrum of pink and/or purple.
    I have checked.. they're not 100% black, but they're dark dark. But not purple dark. The skin is more like pink hues, not purple. The void elf skin is purple, so is the Nightborne, the night elf is shades of pink, white, a very light brown like almost a light brown latte, light grey / moon type grey, a green tinged grey, a blue tinged grey, etc. And peach skin tone like high elves.

In fact they can be called pink elves, not purple elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    That, and light blue. You are stuck with Night Elf, OP. Something like this is as close as you'll get:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure how many would agree with you. She looks like a Night Elf to me in Warbringers.
    She doesn't have face paint, the skin colour is off, the ears are too big, and the hair style is off. She also has a head jewelled headband like the Draenei and blood elves have.

Nightborne have the hair colour and style and closer skin colour
    Void elves have the figure, closer skin colour too than Nelves - just off on the ears and eyes.

I'm willing to overlook the ears and eyes difference if everything else can match.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, good effort, now can you do the same with a nightborne character and a void elf - wanna bet they'd look closer to her?
    Why would I? If I want Azshara, I want a Night Elf, not a Nightborne or some corrupted elf.

Hell I'm not even sure if Nightborne have fangs. It wouldn't match Azshara's vibe if it weren't a Night Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    He's a Highborne replacement horde fan. They basically think that blizzard transferred the highborne legacy of the night elves to the horde via blood elves and now Nightborne - as if the original doesn't exist on the night elf, and other races in the same species type are somehow forbidden to share the most common elven trait - arcane magic and pristine elegance.

The Thalassians and Nightborne have it because they're from night elves. But no one questions other sub-races and off shoots having strong features of the core race in them - and no one assumes that because these secondary races and sub-races have these cultural aspects from the core/original race, that they are somehow replacing them.

Do Forsaken, Kul'tiran and Gilnean having cities, arcane magic and priesthoods replace the fact that humans have them?
    What about darkspears and forest trolls and Zanadalari?
    Or Tauren, Taunka and Highmountain?
    or Draenei and Lightforged - are Lightforged having a strong light tradition replacing that in the Draenei?

SO why would Nightborne being Nightborne after the kaldorei pre-sundering culture somehow replace the Kaldorei's existing Highborne or the race's capacity to live in an urban environment?

It's horde fan replacement theory, he's so convinced now, that he can't even see the purple skin tones - I mean seriously? The night elf is shades of purple all through. With only 2 options I think lacking any tinge.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell I'm not even sure if Nightborne have fangs. It wouldn't match Azshara's vibe if it weren't a Night Elf.
    They have fangs, and don't do it for him, he can access the dressing room himself and see that void elves and Nightborne do not replace night elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have checked.. they're not 100% black, but they're dark dark. But not purple dark. The skin is more like pink hues, not purple. The void elf skin is purple, so is the Nightborne, the night elf is shades of pink, white, a very light brown like almost a light brown latte, light grey / moon type grey, a green tinged grey, a blue tinged grey, etc. And peach skin tone like high elves.

In fact they can be called pink elves, not purple elves.

- - - Updated - - -

She doesn't have face paint, the skin colour is off, the ears are too big, and the hair style is off. She also has a head jewelled headband like the Draenei and blood elves have.

Nightborne have the hair colour and style and closer skin colour
    Void elves have the figure, closer skin colour too than Nelves - just off on the ears and eyes.

I'm willing to overlook the ears and eyes difference if everything else can match.
    You're not listening. You're not going to be able to make a character exactly like the Queen. At least, as far as Shadowlands options are concerned at this time.

Azshara is a night elf.

End of story.

So either use a night elf, or a nightborne. Void elf/blood elf is silly, as that morphology of elf didn't even exist then, they're later mutations.

Night elf is closest, but nightborne is adequate as well.

I almost think this is a poorly-veiled troll attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    ...It's horde fan replacement theory, he's so convinced now, that he can't even see the purple skin tones - I mean seriously? The night elf is shades of purple all through. With only 2 options I think lacking any tinge...
    I was puzzled by these color descriptions, as well. I see purple tinges available, along with a greenish, blueish, purple-pink, and very dark and very light versions of these tones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    ...I almost think this is a poorly-veiled troll attempt.
    Or arguing for the sake of arguing, perhaps.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He's got it in his head that void elves and Nightborne replace Highborne - it's a horde elf fan craze going on atm, they just can't get that pre-sundering night elf lore is Night elven, you don't get night elven appearance as Thalassian elves or Nightborne, you need a night elf for that. So if you want to play a pre-sundering ancient Highborne like Queen Azshara or a Moon Guard, those fabled arcane casters w ith all that lost knowledge, you have to role night elf.

They think that night elven fantasy is limited and fixed only to the forest, and literally deny the existence of night elves as anything that can function outside a forest. Welcome to fandom today, where actual facts and information don't matter, you can literally point out to a person how completely wrong they are, they'd completely ignore it in their next post, and people will agree with them.

then they will tell you that you have head canon - I mean there is a craziness gripping our population today where actual fact, information and truth are irrelevant, only what they feel matters.
    I think some of them are just in denial that the Night Elf race belonging to the Alliance is the progenitor, and also the peak of civilization, of all the other Elf races. The first original Elves were the Night Elves, the fact that they chose to focus on Nature doesn't magically deprive them of their history of arcane mastery, nor the fact that the HIGHBORNE are a NIGHT ELVEN caste. Some were exiled and became High->Blood->Void Elves, some sealed themselves like p^^ssies. Some of the exiled ones that did not flee to EK returned with the Cataclysm. The Night Elves DO have Highborne in their ranks, it's just not the biggest part of their culture.

And even suggesting that Azshara is CLOSE to the Nightborne or Void Elves (especially the latter) is just miserable. Azshara was a Night Elf, the race still exists today INTACT. In Shadowlands, you can use a headdress, have darker skin, use golden eyes and there were already more "Highborne"-ish hairstyles (the semi-long haircut with the small braid behind etc). Hordies trynna make it that the Alliance no longer represents the magical elf, meanwhile Night Elves were THE magical elf, and they still use the arcane in their society. Whatevs, this forum is Horde-favored anyway so it's only natural they wanna twist facts to their favor, but going that low to even suggest that an Azshara roleplay/lookalike is more suitable to a VE or a Nightborne is definitely a new level of hypocrisy and desperation.

Highborne female

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I will make a thread. I wanna roleplay as Sylvanas, who would make the best Sylvanas hunter character? Forsaken or Nightborne?
    I wanna ropleplay as Jaina Proudmoore, who would make the best Jaina mage character? Kul'tiran females or Void Elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if they guy is so adamantly against the obvious Night Elf choice, then I'd say the choice is Nightborne then.

Void Elfves are clearly not there. First of all they look like some adolescent sticks on crack, Azshara was always depicted as a voluptuous, tall and grand lady, not some late teen barely taller than a dwarf, that Void/Blood Elf models resemble.

So at least pick Nightborne then, at least they have the body for it.

If we are talking about this one...

Night Elf...
    Depending on the style either the new dark blue or the light blue skin.
    Golden Eyes
    and the new short ears

Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-07-01 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I think some of them are just in denial that the Night Elf race belonging to the Alliance is the progenitor, and also the peak of civilization, of all the other Elf races. The first original Elves were the Night Elves, the fact that they chose to focus on Nature doesn't magically deprive them of their history of arcane mastery, nor the fact that the HIGHBORNE are a NIGHT ELVEN caste. Some were exiled and became High->Blood->Void Elves, some sealed themselves like p^^ssies. Some of the exiled ones that did not flee to EK returned with the Cataclysm. The Night Elves DO have Highborne in their ranks, it's just not the biggest part of their culture.

And even suggesting that Azshara is CLOSE to the Nightborne or Void Elves (especially the latter) is just miserable. Azshara was a Night Elf, the race still exists today INTACT. In Shadowlands, you can use a headdress, have darker skin, use golden eyes and there were already more "Highborne"-ish hairstyles (the semi-long haircut with the small braid behind etc). Hordies trynna make it that the Alliance no longer represents the magical elf, meanwhile Night Elves were THE magical elf, and they still use the arcane in their society. Whatevs, this forum is Horde-favored anyway so it's only natural they wanna twist facts to their favor, but going that low to even suggest that an Azshara roleplay/lookalike is more suitable to a VE or a Nightborne is definitely a new level of hypocrisy and desperation.
    - blizzard has given this identity to the horde, if the alliance has it as well, what point is there for the horde, it's homogenising too much. it may have been on the alliance earlier, but they never showed it, and now they've showed it on the horde. They coudl hsave given Suramar to the alliance and the nightborne to the horde, they could have shared it 50/50 and make nightborne model playable on the horde and heal rebel nightborenw ith Arcan'dor so they look like night elves instead - but they didn't.

They gave it all to the horde, then they destroyed the night elf city. = they want the want the horde to have the magical elf fantasy, and the alliance to have the rural elf fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    If we are talking about this one...

Night Elf...
    Depending on the style either the new dark blue or the light blue skin.
    Golden Eyes
    and the new short ears

https://i.imgur.com/xPjLbmN.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ulJM4xO.png
    Yes that one, I just think the colours match better on nightborne or void elf, that purple in the water doesn't seem to be available on night elf.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-07-01 at 11:26 PM.

Night Elf. The way she looks in game, both in her old night elf and new Naga model she looks like a Night Elf. Lorewise she also should look more like Night Elf than anything else. If you look at the Nightborne cinematic, Thalryssa, a Highborne Night Elf, looks like a Night Elf as well at the time of the Legion attack in WotA.

So if you want your character to look like the original Aszhara, you got one choice. Night Elf.

Bingo, what is so hard to understand about that? But I think there is something more sinister at play, cos they don't argue about Demon hunters who aren't forest based at all being night elves, nor when it comes to PRIESTESS of the Moon in fancy temples or pre-sundering architecture, tha'ts also acceptable. It's when an alliance fan or night elf fan talks about night elves being amazing arcane casters or wanting Highborne options or a pre-sundering city - then it's all of a sudden, "night elves can't do that" , "night elves left that a long time ago", "that's blood elves and Nightborne now"... I mean do lightforged having strong light affinity replace light wielding and worshipping draenei or their identity? Do we say they've got Lightforged now, Draenei don't do that. do Highmountain shamanism replace Tauren having that or druidism?

Talking about progenitor race is spot on too. Zandalari trolls literally have every aspect you find in all the troll sub-races.. it's like pretending that troll regen or loa worship shouldn't be part of the Zandalari because it's strong in the Darkspear... It's a nonsense, the progentior race in wow always has the larger scope and will share things it's off shoot races have. For night elves this is actually the arcane. Arcane affinity, arcane ability and civilization legacy. What's worse is that it's the same generation of night elves, so it's like a human spending 70 years (a human lifespan) away from his original civilization and way of life in exile or needing to pay for something he did wrong, then now they can return. you still have people who operated and functioned, buil that stuff around - add to that having perfect memory, magic and high intelligence.

Sure most night elves might be forest lovers and dwellers , but some are arcane wielders, city builders and live in them .

And even suggesting that Azshara is CLOSE to the Nightborne or Void Elves (especially the latter) is just miserable. Azshara was a Night Elf, the race still exists today INTACT. In Shadowlands, you can use a headdress, have darker skin, use golden eyes and there were already more "Highborne"-ish hairstyles (the semi-long haircut with the small braid behind etc).
    Yeh, it's ridiculous, replacement philosophy that is factually incorrect, so you basically want Azshara, but don't want to be night elven - I mean why do you even love elves in the first place? They all come from Night elves. If they just take their head out of the faction arse,
    Hordies trynna make it that the Alliance no longer represents the magical elf, meanwhile Night Elves were THE magical elf, and they still use the arcane in their society. Whatevs, this forum is Horde-favored anyway so it's only natural they wanna twist facts to their favor, but going that low to even suggest that an Azshara roleplay/lookalike is more suitable to a VE or a Nightborne is definitely a new level of hypocrisy and desperation.
    It is exactly that, magical elf, magical city are not alliance, but horde only, because the high elven and night elven civilziation have amazing artwork as sieen by Silvermoon and Suramar, but these are built by high elves (on the alliance for Silvermoon) and Night elves (also on the alliance for Suramar).

So they just flat out don't want them basically being as good magically or getting as pretty a city - in the jealous kid who doesn't want his rival to get his toy that gets him loadsa attention even though it's the rival that first had a version of said toy that broke, and now he is trying to stop him from getting a new toy becuase he likes the attention his toy gets him.

You hear them talk about "it's stealing the identity of the horde elves" that's why - and I'm like - this is the original identity of the Night elves and high elves. Night elves in WC3 manual were introduced with having a wondrous civilisation unequalled by anything today, and a level of arcane mastery and achievement/development unmatched. They had it first - how is it stealing - just because blizzard introduced the forest elf side of the night elves first, and they never read the 3 volume book on the arcane side - which has so much more detail than what was shown.

Basically we're in this predicament because the night elven magical fantasy isn't seen in game, but only described. Even the Shen'dralar that are supposed to be the most revered arcanists, who never stopped studying the arcane in a city that survived the sundering and kept going pristinely for 9,000 years, aren't shown with wonder and mastery in-game though we are told about it in lore. So they assume the night elves' only identity is forest elf - despite so much lore showing otherwise.

snip.
    This is just alliance wanting horde things.

- - - Updated - - -

I will make a thread. I wanna roleplay as Sylvanas, who would make the best Sylvanas hunter character? Forsaken or Nightborne?
    I wanna ropleplay as Jaina Proudmoore, who would make the best Jaina mage character? Kul'tiran females or Void Elves?
    Jokes on you because you could probably get the Sylvanas coloring and fangs on the night elf female, as well as the closest to red eyes.

I wonder if elf nerds got stuffed into lockers at school too often, or not often enough.