Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i love me a nice trap.
    don't we all?

jokes aside,
    1- show me the chinese client please let's see if blizz is sincere or virtue signalling.
    2- why would you care if a some pixels or a real person is lgbtqwertsasdsfg? I think personality matters. As long as you don't add "btw I am vegan" at the end of everyone of your sentence.

if blizz really cares about this stuff, they can make a great character, but if they put neon lights above the npc that says "gay" that is ridiculous.
    anyway i don't know it sounds stupid to me I mean to talk about this for 15 pages.

This is pretty inconsequential since Bastion's entire deal is sacrificing everything that makes you...well, you, to serve the greater good. This NPC being male or female is ultimately irrelevant in pretty much every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I never said it was their defining trait. I said they used this NPC for their own PR agenda. There's also a gay male Night Elf couple that's actually playing quite a significant role in Tyrande's arc in Ardenweald. Noone cares. Noone rages because of it. And their "explanation" is just used as an excuse why they felt they had to make a bluepost about it. They obviously wouldn't blatantly scream "LOOK WHAT AN AMAZING THING WE DID!"

And if you truly went by the replies in this thread, you'd see that people have issues with them doing this for PR and nothing else.
    Lol, people were outraged over the gay male Night Elf couple in Wowhead comments. I'd rather know why you see this update as a PR virtue signalling - a gay/trans char is going to be picked up anyway, they don't need to specifically announce that they are and they didn't.

They just wanted to explain the change and that's it, I'm not sure why everyone is so pressed about it.

In general, reading the Wowhead comments about the gay characters and this thread about the trans character, it kind of is telling that we do need LGBTQ+ representation in games, otherwise any deviation from """"the norm"""" is going to be thought as virtue signalling or PR pandering or whatever.

Lotta gamer moments here, which is quite sad.

Whatever? I guess at least it's consistent, but I don't see how that would have pissed of many people. Since you can pretty much freely choose your gender there and actually be a man (what ever that means for somewhat corporeal blue ghost-angel people that probably don't even procreate), going with male pronounds was kind of obvious from the beginning.

It's not like they made a fruity character that requires a spreadsheet, a sextant and a magical divination ritual to gauge which gender they currently identify as.. I guess this preemptive move was for the perpetually triggered left this time, since I doubt the right would have taken any more offense with the pronouns than they already would have with the basic character concept.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

stop being agenda andy and being outraged by LGBTQ stuff

Apart from that...i think this is extremely funny.
    No idea if that makes me a bigot or not.
    This is so funny to me for some reason.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    It makes it very difficult to treat LGBTQ (whatever) community as equals when you have companies and themselves pointing it out: "SEEEE, we are doing a good thing!!!! We are special!"

You want to be treated equally? Don't announce every single move you take. I personally would simply shrugged off at this character, now I will most likely roll my eyes whenever I see this character because: "Oh yeah, Blizzard had to point it out."
    Same. I would be completely fine with that community, but I think things like this are just Shoehorning it now, isn't it? Now if I was just simply playing the game and heard this npc, I'd be completely fine. I'd probably think 'Oh neat. This character used to be a woman', or something

Could Blizzard put a character in WoW that has Autism? Overwatch did it
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-07-02 at 12:53 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I never said it was their defining trait. I said they used this NPC for their own PR agenda. There's also a gay male Night Elf couple that's actually playing quite a significant role in Tyrande's arc in Ardenweald. Noone cares. Noone rages because of it. And their "explanation" is just used as an excuse why they felt they had to make a bluepost about it. They obviously wouldn't blatantly scream "LOOK WHAT AN AMAZING THING WE DID!"

And if you truly went by the replies in this thread, you'd see that people have issues with them doing this for PR and nothing else.
    Admittedly I am a bit miffed about that couple but not for the reasons you might be thinking. I'm not particularly amused by the fact these characters are in Ardenweald of all places with their current state in the after life and the fact people are celebrating it as positive representation.

All lore fuckery with Elune's worship aside if it's not blatantly obvious yet they're two dead gay men who are constantly tortured by their past actions, failed to save their world and even suffer in death because of it. People are saying this is good. Personally I think it's more than a bit heavy handed and the "My Husband is the Night Warrior" line annoys my writing sensibilities. But I guess representation just for the sake of representation is better than making some quality characters.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by taydan5780 View Post
    dear edgelord, if you are going to spew hate towards the LGBTQ community, at least spew your own hate and not tired troupes you got form whatever Incel podcast you listen to...
    Apache Attach Helicopter pre-dates the Incel insults........just so ya know.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    oh for christ sakes... can we have ANYTHING....ANY..FUCKING..THING.. without political correctness or "inclusiveness" rammed into it?
    Why is it so hard for people to just not be dicks? Seriously, this should piss 0 people off. Calm down.

If it helps 1 person feel more accepted it's worth it. Whatever pronouns people want to use has no bearing on anyone else. It doesn't hurt anyone to use peoples preferred labels. But can be hurtful to deny someone their existence. Be kind and love each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Why is it so hard for people to just not be dicks? Seriously, this should piss 0 people off. Calm down.
    I’m actually with him/her... maybe not as venomous about it, but this PC nonsense is out of control.

147 different genders and counting!!!

Is the ESRB going to get bumped up now that ActiBlizz is catering to fetishes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    If it helps 1 person feel more accepted it's worth it.
    Not really, we're moving into an era where the needs of the few out-weight those of the many and that shouldn't be celebrated.
    Last edited by enformic; 2020-07-02 at 12:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am Pelagos, I speak for the trees
    Misgender my pronoun and I'll break your knees

The fact that a fictional character chose a preferred gender and there are 16 pages worth of thread with people ready to fight for its gendering freedom is very, very frightening

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The fact that a fictional character chose a preferred gender and there are 16 pages worth of thread with people ready to fight for its gendering freedom is very, very frightening
    How many of those pages are just snark like your comment tho? :P

I call illegal inflation of numbers
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Millions of people care. Mostly young people. Most entertainment is created with the culture of people under the age of 12 in mind.
    how many of them play wow or play computer games at all?

"I'm not transphobic, but..."

...in fewer words, that's the argument of anybody who gives even the slightest fuck about this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't being politically correct at all. It's fleshing out a character based on the existing lore.

Anyone saying it's ramming or forcing LGBTQ+ into the game is the issue. They are the ones making this a big deal and thereby forcing hetero-normative characters into every facet of the game.

This is actually a really minor part of the game that is making a lot of people in the community feel happier. For those disputing it, you are creating the problem. You are forcing your ideals on top of others'. Why are you trying to put up obstacles to the game more accurately representing the community around us?

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by enformic View Post
    Is the ESRB going to get bumped up now that ActiBlizz is catering to fetishes?

Not really, we're moving into an era where the needs of the few out-weight those of the many and that shouldn't be celebrated.
    Fetishes? Being transgender isn't a fetish. It's a gender question, not a sexual orientation or interest.

The needs of the few outweigh the many? How many transgender people are represented in WoW at the moment? Compare that to the proportion of the population, or even playerbase. Blizzard has just made one small step in re-balancing the scales. If you cannot see how we straight, cis people have a massive advantage and are not discriminated against, you really need to check yourself.
    Last edited by Kyux; 2020-07-02 at 01:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I want to identify as a murloc
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I mean pelagos is an npc with no feelings
    lol,well no duh,this is mostly about people getting buthurt when games/movies have representation of real life people,these bigots never seem to care if straight couples are RAMMED IN THEIR FACES,but ops....one bi/gay/trans and all of a suden its ILLUMINATI FREE MASON SATANIC!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Aw, that's so wholesome. I like the idea that Bastion's souls choose the physical form that best represents how they feel inside. It's also really nice that he is in Bastion, the pristine heaven where the truly selfless and pure souls go to.
    But that does not make any sense. Isn't part of being Kyrian about forgetting your individuality, what you were in your life? Then what should "what they feel inside" matter? They lose their racial identity, but they become their "true" woman self?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Gender is a social construct.
    There are as many genders as society wants there to be.
    Sex and gender are not the same thing.

It's literally just a term to describe a bundle of (pretty much arbitrary) social performative behaviors.

American Psychological Association (extra apa link)
    American Medical Association
    American Psychoanalytic Association
    Human Rights Campaign
    American Academy of Pediatrics
    American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians
    United Nations
    United Kingdom’s National Health Service

All agree on it.
    And many others too.

https://www.thetrevorproject.org/trv...nder-identity/
    Here's an article from the trevor project about it.
    The problem with social sciences, psychology, history, etc. is that they are all easily and always biased by the dominant ideologies of the scientists involved. Lots of confirmation bias in the lot of them too.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"