Profession spells?

What about adding abilities based on profession so different professions get different abilities. That way you also get more customziation. You unlock spells by leveling your profession.

Sort of like having craftables on as spells. Alchemists could throw potions that debuff and drink healing potions. Engineers could throw bombs and shrink enemies to slow them. Jewelcrafters could petrify enemies to stun them and get gem skin that reduces damage etc

That way every class can use every ability which could lead to some interesting playstyles. Its not like the old lets say engineering recipes like dynamite and world shrinker is ever going to get relevant again anyway
    An'u belore delen'na

They tried something like this before and it was cut out after awhile since it leaves people having to chose between the abilities they want for combat reasons with no care about the actual profession. Professions should be improved on overall, but this certainly isn't the way to do it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

You actually want to have fun in a video game????? That's crazy talk man, it's all about balance and grind nowadays, even if the game loses all its paying customers in the process. Seriously though, the current developers have a hard time tying there shoe laces, so expecting them to create something original and fun is out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    You actually want to have fun in a video game????? That's crazy talk man, it's all about balance and grind nowadays, even if the game loses all its paying customers in the process. Seriously though, the current developers have a hard time tying there shoe laces, so expecting them to create something original and fun is out of the question.
    except they used to have profession bonuses and people complained being required to level professions wasnt fun.... so who is right here?

Some people like doing professions and some people don't so it has always been divisive when professions are forced to be mandatory and especially if people are forced to switch professions just to get an optimal passive or ability or special unique craft or usable item or modification to gear or duration on consumables or conveniences people tend to get especially salty when they need to change their character just to be considered optimal for combat - when being optimal for combat should, arguably, be self-contained to the performance of itself and your success of it contributing to power. But professions are largely separate from combat, so there's no reason to marry the two especially if the only reason is that people aren't doing professions and don't like professions - at that point the problem is entirely obvious that at that point, professions would need a drastic gameplay overhaul to be appealing to the people who currently don't like them. As someone who doesn't like professions I sure as heck don't want them mandatory and I would like it even less if I was forced to switch the ones I do have just to be optimal for combat - the only way you're ever going to make me interested in professions is to shake things up and add some new gameplay to it or even add new professions with new gameplay to those.