Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think everything needs a big selling point, if the core features are good and solid and work well together that tends to be the better outcome then frontloading all these New features and ideas into your expansion, look at BFA for example it struggled hard because of this... New features should come later while everything else is working proper

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    A few massive selling points you forgot on your list for past expansions include World Quests (That was really hyped up) and BFA had a ton of Allied Races as a selling point. I know at least three friends who resubscribed after seeing the six new races being introduced in the same expansion
    You're right. Not world quests in itself, but "there's always something to do".

The problem with allied races as a selling point is that, i.e. I, have 50 chars on my account. None I want to reroll. Maybe not ordinary, but I certaintly can't afford to change races anyway. I simply don't get to enjoy any of the new races.

And to most people I don't think it's a viable option to reroll just to play an allied race. They either level once for heritage and forget about the char, or change the race of the char they have played for 10 years. It's a fun addition, but certainly not a major selling point. Maybe if free racial changes were offered, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    its all going to make deterministic loot easier, but we are going to have weeks that you get almost nothing. like it used to be.
    As opposed to now when there are weeks when you get six belts, all downgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I added in bold a few on top of my head (mind you, I am not saying I liked all them, but they were selling point for the expansions)
    Warmode is a selling point?

Warmode is a fucking button to SHARD you into a different shard with other PvPers.

It's nothing more, nothing less. They did absolutely nothing to promote or balance World PvP. Their sharding tech is absolutely garbage.

Selling point my ass.

Not implementing a bunch of new systems would be a selling point for me. Just focus on the main core of the game(classes, raids, dungeons, story, and loot). Anything else is just tertiary. Their focus on big marketing gimmicks like garrison's, islands, waterfronts at the expense of main core features has in my eyes ruined the game for many.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-07-01 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their entire selling point is just fewer cancerous systems found in legion/bfa, there are no huge class features coming or any overhauls, few tweaks here and there. The game is hardly going to change at all in SL lol. I'm not even sure expansions can be called expansions anymore, all that happens is we usually lose abilities and power now with no additions to our class.

If their only big feature is torghast Im not sure how to think of it, I haven't tried it and look how atrocious and boring islands and warfronts were. lol 0 faith that this will be any different at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Not implementing a bunch of new systems would be a selling point for me. Just focus on the main core of the game(classes, raids, dungeons, story, and loot). Anything else is just tertiary. Their focus on big marketing gimmicks like garrison's, islands, waterfronts at the expense of main core features has in my eyes ruined the game for many.
    They should easily be capable of both, Blizz is a multi dollar company who gets shown up by competition constantly proving how weak its content releases are, yet they do nothing to improve on it. It will be like every other xpac, major focus on the big 'feature' which is likely just repetitive boring content required to improve your temporary borrowed power mechanic. Then it'll get abandoned like every other major feature, while keeping all the shitty systems from it that everyone hated.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-07-01 at 05:07 AM.

It looking good is enough of a selling point. It's more than BfA had.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Their entire selling point is just fewer cancerous systems found in legion/bfa, there are no huge class features coming or any overhauls, few tweaks here and there. The game is hardly going to change at all in SL lol. I'm not even sure expansions can be called expansions anymore, all that happens is we usually lose abilities and power now with no additions to our class.

If their only big feature is torghast Im not sure how to think of it, I haven't tried it and look how atrocious and boring islands and warfronts were. lol 0 faith that this will be any different at all.

They should easily be capable of both, Blizz is a multi dollar company who gets shown up by competition constantly proving how weak its content releases are, yet they do nothing to improve on it. It will be like every other xpac, major focus on the big 'feature' which is likely just repetitive boring content required to improve your temporary borrowed power mechanic. Then it'll get abandoned like every other major feature, while keeping all the shitty systems from it that everyone hated.
    Exactly. They waste all their time on creating a borrowed mechanic that they just delete anyway. They should figure out a way to make it so content doesn't just get "deleted" every time they release a new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Exactly. They waste all their time on creating a borrowed mechanic that they just delete anyway. They should figure out a way to make it so content doesn't just get "deleted" every time they release a new patch.
    Kind of impossible. There isn't a single feature that not gets boring after playing it repeatedly for X years, that also includes raids and dungeons and pvp.
    Thorgast will be the same, once the initial "discovery" phase will be over, it will start getting boring.

I actually realized that problem when playing PoE. I realized that WoW is just too simplistic.
    Raids/dungeons/Thorgast/islands/scenarios/visions share the same concept - click on shit and kill enemies using best "strategy" and rotation.
    And you already know 75% by now, because you played that class for couple of years.
    So what's left to discover is just the mechanics in new features they implement. Same formula has been around since vanilla.

Breath of fresh air is new raid boss mechanic such as xanesh ball, but that's just not enough.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am missing once again.. some cool new 60 new talnts or reworks for classes or something that doesnt make it classes bfa 2.0 or a downgrade legion 3.0.

Still havent preorderd.. thorghast sounds fun.. but still playing that with the same boring class disign sadly.

To me the biggest problem is we are once again going into a borrowed power expansion.. it sucks because some classes are just flatout broken or just plain boring without them.

I am looking at my old shadow priest who will once again get benched...
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-07-02 at 08:16 AM.