Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    I don't know now what is causing that. Is there anyway to check what's causing it?
    How did you install wow, and where?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Imagine not using the GNU+Linux but a crappy Windows 10 lmao
    Imagine making a completely worthless post that adds nothing to the discussion.

Oh, wait, you dont have to imagine. You did!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Imagine not using the GNU+Linux but a crappy Windows 10 lmao
    https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market...ktop/worldwide
    Cool story, enjoy being the 1.7% and thinking everyone else should too

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    How did you install wow, and where?
    I installed it through Battle.net. 1st, I installed the B.net app. Then I installed WoW and D3 from the B.net app. I installed them back on my 2nd SSD (which had the games previously), which I had formatted before I installed the fresh Windows 10 installation on the 1st SSD. And I didn't do the quick format either. I un-checked it before I formatted my 2nd SSD.

- - - Updated - - -

So I got a different BSOD this time. I got a "Kmode exception not handled" BSOD. I looked up online and supposedly, turning off Fast Startup would solve it. I am going to try it and see if it works or not. The other solution was to update the problematic driver but I didn't get to see the filename on the BSOD that would have pinpointed the driver that was causing problems.

Btw, I updated the drivers for the Chipset (ASRock Z77 Extreme4), video card, sound card and one of my two network cards (The other one I couldn't find the driver for).

Did you disable the onboard (integrated) graphics?
    Also, try to remove the sound card and run it with the onboard for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by svenmk View Post
    Did you disable the onboard (integrated) graphics?
    Also, try to remove the sound card and run it with the onboard for a while.
    No, I haven't disabled it yet. How do I go about doing it? Should I've have updated its driver as well?

Also, I just got another BSOD... This time it was the "System Thread Exception Not Handled" with the filename "(nvlddmkm.sys)" beside it. I looked it up online and it says its a nvidia video card driver file. What should I do next? I guess for the 1st time, I got a filename named in the BSOD while the previous BSODs didn't show any filename, I think.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the BSOD happened while playing WoW and it happened randomly so maybe like after half an hour or something of playing.

- - - Updated - - -

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/...ivers.2402269/
    I am going to follow this and see if it works...

- - - Updated - - -

I do want to mention that as I read online a few things in regards to this error, one site mentioned that having a different brand of GPU before installing the new one can cause problems... I had a AMD Radeon before and then I upgraded to Nvidia Geforce one. So I am gonna attempt to completely uninstall the current graphic drivers and then install the latest graphic drivers.

- - - Updated - - -

http://<b>https://forums.tomshardwar...s.2402269/</b>
    I am going to follow this and see if it works...
    Nope, it didn't work. Within 5 minutes or even less than that playing WoW, I got a "System Service Exception" BSOD with no filename mentioned.
    I am getting really sick and tired of getting these BSODs. I never had any issue while on Windows 7 but since I have installed windows 10, I keep getting BSODs. I don't understand why they keep happening. And it seems like it's a different BSOD almost every time... Sorry, I am just really frustrated atm.
    Last edited by Gaebryel Quintyne; 2020-07-02 at 07:01 PM.

sounds like you have bad hardware, my man. Likely, Win 10 is doing something/ using features Win 7 wasn't, which is now exposing said bad hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    sounds like you have bad hardware, my man. Likely, Win 10 is doing something/ using features Win 7 wasn't, which is now exposing said bad hardware
    Yeah that could be it. But which hardware?

I have also done chkdsk for both my 2 SSDs, sfc /scannow as well as the Memory Diagnostic Tool. All 3 came back fine.

How long can someone tripple around with such easy shit ? Sorry, but in the time all that texting was deine, you had Win10 fresh installed 10 times.

No offense, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    How long can someone tripple around with such easy shit ? Sorry, but in the time all that texting was deine, you had Win10 fresh installed 10 times.

No offense, but...
    What are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

So I read about a software that can help me find out about the BSODs... I downloaded WhoCrashed. I clicked on "Analyze" and this is what it found (I am copy and pasting the relevant parts... sorry but it will be long unless there is some way to shorten it or whatever):

System Information (local)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: DESKTOP-KQKIIBT
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 19041
    Windows dir: C:\Windows
    Hardware: ASRock, Z77 Extreme4
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel8664, level: 6
    4 logical processors, active mask: 15
    RAM: 8469942272 bytes (7.9GB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Thu 2020-07-02 9:26:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x118432)
    Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8022A9E5C79, 0xFFFFD686C7F716A8, 0xFFFFD686C7F70EE0)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_ccad5caddc3a3d35\nvlddmk m.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 451.48
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 451.48
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 451.48 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

On Thu 2020-07-02 6:26:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070220-4718-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3DDA20)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0x80000003, 0xFFFFF80206C1F58A, 0xFFFF8303F41CCB20, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 2020-07-02 2:39:35 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070220-6046-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0x80000003, 0xFFFFF80229C1F58A, 0xFFFFC483A9444B20, 0x0)
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 2020-07-02 1:31:04 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070220-5953-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF80443BDFE3F)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF80443BDFE3F, 0xFFFFFA8C8EE760C8, 0xFFFFFA8C8EE75900)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_ccad5caddc3a3d35\nvlddmk m.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 451.48
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 451.48
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 451.48 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Thu 2020-07-02 3:09:51 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070220-6015-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8076DDE5C79, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.

On Thu 2020-07-02 9:26:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070220-7296-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3E5C79)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8022A9E5C79, 0xFFFFD686C7F716A8, 0xFFFFD686C7F70EE0)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 451.48 , NVIDIA Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

What are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

So I read about a software that can help me find out about the BSODs... I downloaded WhoCrashed. I clicked on "Analyze" and this is what it found (I am copy and pasting the relevant parts... sorry but it will be long unless there is some way to shorten it or whatever):

Lol it gave a pretty straightforward explanation, you were running drivers for a different OS or GPU or something, did you figure it out and get the right drivers in? If so, was that actually the issue?
    He who angers you conquers you.

1 - Do a completely clean install of the nVidia drivers (make sure there are no AMD GPU drivers; this shouldn't be an issue anymore on Win 10, but just be safe).

2 - Do a GPU stress test afterwards. If it packs it in again, its likely that your GPU is borked. If it the GPU hardware fails, itl cause the driver to crash, etc.

OR

and this just happened to me not too long ago - your PSU may be dying. I was getting nVidia GPU errors, terrible framerates, crashing...

Wasn't the GPU, it was the PSU.

When i plugged in a different PSU, everything immediately worked fine.

If the rig is older, it could VERY well be the PSU packing it in, particularly if its not a higher-end manufacturer/unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeorgaki View Post
    Lol it gave a pretty straightforward explanation, you were running drivers for a different OS or GPU or something, did you figure it out and get the right drivers in? If so, was that actually the issue?
    I don't know if it is the cause though but I read a few threads on this by going through the Google query in the WhoCrashed software that I should try the windows update drivers and not the ones from Nvidia. If this doesn't work, I will try a previous version of the drivers from the Nvidia site and see if that maybe works.

- - - Updated - - -

1 - Do a completely clean install of the nVidia drivers (make sure there are no AMD GPU drivers; this shouldn't be an issue anymore on Win 10, but just be safe).

2 - Do a GPU stress test afterwards. If it packs it in again, its likely that your GPU is borked. If it the GPU hardware fails, itl cause the driver to crash, etc.

OR

and this just happened to me not too long ago - your PSU may be dying. I was getting nVidia GPU errors, terrible framerates, crashing...

Wasn't the GPU, it was the PSU.

When i plugged in a different PSU, everything immediately worked fine.

If the rig is older, it could VERY well be the PSU packing it in, particularly if its not a higher-end manufacturer/unit.
    Which GPU stress test should I use? FurMark? Also, at what setting in FurMark?

Also, how do I check if my PSU is dying? I don't have another PSU anywhere to test it. Is there a way to test it in the computer? Anyway to also check what brand and model it is through the computer?

- - - Updated - - -

Good news. I played WoW for almost an hour. Bad news. I got an error but this time it wasn't a BSOD. It was the critical error window. This is what it said:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program: E:\WoW\_retail_\Wow.exe
    ProcessID: 2092
    ThreadID: 8412
    Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION

The instruction at "0x00007ff75f882939" referenced memory at "0x0000000000000000".
    The memory could not be "read".

Press OK to terminate the application.
    What to do now? Forgot to mention... I used DDU in safe mode to uninstall and remove all the GPU drivers (AMD, NVidia, Intel), and then I went back to normal windows and let it auto-update through windows update for both the onboard Intel graphic card and my GTX 1050 Ti. This allowed me to play for at least an hour and not give me a BSOD.

EDIT: Supposedly, there are a lot of solutions for this. I am going to try each of them one by one if I keep getting this same error.
    Last edited by Gaebryel Quintyne; 2020-07-03 at 05:38 AM.

Which GPU stress test should I use? FurMark? Also, at what setting in FurMark?
    Whatever it defaults to. You're mostly just attempting to force the card to run balls-out so it will draw all the power it can. Actual performance isn't really relevant.

Also, how do I check if my PSU is dying? I don't have another PSU anywhere to test it. Is there a way to test it in the computer?
    Other than doing things that pull tons of power and seeing if it packs it in, no real way to test it "in the computer".

If you had a voltimeter you could test it that way to make sure each rail is pushing the required voltage and amperage, but thats not always conclusive (because it wont be under full load when you're doing that). An actual GPU tester is not something you want to buy unless you're going to start building PCs as a hardcore hobby (they aren't cheap).

The best way it just have another one around, and swap them. If the problems go away, found your culprit.

Anyway to also check what brand and model it is through the computer?
    Highly unlikely. You'd have to crack the case.

And just because following the thread, i wasn't sure:

This is a clean Windows install, right? As in, you wiped the drive and did a fresh install? If not...

That's step 1.

I got the impression you already did that but i just want to make sure.

Edit:

Also, crack the case and make sure the supplemental power for the GPU is plugged in firmly. Unplug it and re-seat it.

(As a 1050Ti, there is an outside change it doesn't have one plugged in, since some of them dont need it. If there isn't one plugged in, and there's a PCIe power cable free on the PSU - plug it in.)
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2020-07-03 at 06:18 AM.

Whatever it defaults to. You're mostly just attempting to force the card to run balls-out so it will draw all the power it can. Actual performance isn't really relevant.

Other than doing things that pull tons of power and seeing if it packs it in, no real way to test it "in the computer".

If you had a voltimeter you could test it that way to make sure each rail is pushing the required voltage and amperage, but thats not always conclusive (because it wont be under full load when you're doing that). An actual GPU tester is not something you want to buy unless you're going to start building PCs as a hardcore hobby (they aren't cheap).

The best way it just have another one around, and swap them. If the problems go away, found your culprit.

Highly unlikely. You'd have to crack the case.

And just because following the thread, i wasn't sure:

This is a clean Windows install, right? As in, you wiped the drive and did a fresh install? If not...

That's step 1.

I got the impression you already did that but i just want to make sure.

Edit:

Also, crack the case and make sure the supplemental power for the GPU is plugged in firmly. Unplug it and re-seat it.

(As a 1050Ti, there is an outside change it doesn't have one plugged in, since some of them dont need it. If there isn't one plugged in, and there's a PCIe power cable free on the PSU - plug it in.)
    Yup, this is a clean Windows install. I had to make a windows installation media for booting up on a USB stick and then I used that to completely format my main SSD that had the previous Windows and then installed a fresh Windows 10 from the USB stick. I also formatted my 2nd SSD which had all of my games so all of the games I have installed are brand new installations.

How do I check if the supplemental power for the GPU is plugged in? What does the PCIe cable look like? I am not really computer savvy so I don't know much about the parts of a computer hardware unfortunately.

Also, the Nvidia driver I have installed is from 2019/07/24. I got it from the windows update. I did not download from the Nvidia website.

EDIT: I am also thinking of installing each of the old Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia website one by one and seeing if one of them works or is stable for playing games. Is that something I should try or it won't do much of anything?
    Last edited by Gaebryel Quintyne; 2020-07-03 at 06:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    An actual GPU tester is not something you want to buy unless you're going to start building PCs as a hardcore hobby (they aren't cheap).
    Fuck, even if it's your actual job you don't want to buy one. They're insanely expensive and time consuming. The failure rate of PSUs is also really low, there's almost no point in testing them before putting the system together, because as you said right after:
    the same applies to people doing it for a job. Just keep a couple known good PSUs around and swap into trouble system, it's easier, quicker, and cheaper than buying a dedicated PSU tester.

I downloaded HWMonitor yesterday and I was checking it today while playing WoW. I heard that overheating could be the cause of the critical error from the Blizzard support article in regards to the error 132. My quad cores spiked to approximately 75 C max while my GPU spiked to 71 C after I got the critical error. I am guessing that's bad, right?

- - - Updated - - -

I do want to ask something though that's been bugging me for a bit... Does Windows 10 use more resources or more of my CPU/GPU than Windows 7? The reason I am asking is because I never had any errors or crashes in my games on Windows 7 while Windows 10 is constantly. I was thinking my computer never overheated while I was playing games on Windows 7 due to it not using too much of my computer while on Windows 10, my games use up more of my computer than it did on Windows 7.
    Right now, it's just the Error 132 and it only closes the application so I can always run it again right after as well as being able to play at least half an hour to 45 minutes in a stretch before the error occurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I downloaded HWMonitor yesterday and I was checking it today while playing WoW. I heard that overheating could be the cause of the critical error from the Blizzard support article in regards to the error 132. My quad cores spiked to approximately 75 C max while my GPU spiked to 71 C after I got the critical error. I am guessing that's bad, right?
    Most CPUs start throttling only at 95-100C, so mid 70's is perfectly fine.
    71C on a GPU is also fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Most CPUs start throttling only at 95-100C, so mid 70's is perfectly fine.
    71C on a GPU is also fine.
    Oh, that's really good to know. But I'll still blow out the dust from my computer and see if that is causing it or not.

Also, I had supposedly two crashes at the same time it seems like half an hour ago. I was away from my computer so I didn't see if there was a BSOD or not but my computer did restart since I could see the win logon screen when I got back. I checked eventviewer and it showed that there were windows updates around the same time and they were installed correctly. Here is the crash dump analysis for those two crashes:

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Fri 2020-07-03 5:36:39 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070320-6859-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0x80000003, 0xFFFFF8030FA1F585, 0xFFFF8089087DAB20, 0x0)

On Fri 2020-07-03 5:36:39 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x9FD0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0x80000003, 0xFFFFF8030FA1F585, 0xFFFF8089087DAB20, 0x0)
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
    description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

the second one is something related to graphics - dxgkrnl is the DirectX kernel.

And to answer an earlier question - Win10 uses DirectX 12, which does use parts of the hardware that Win 7 didn't, it might be exposing underlying issues.

Try running off of the iGPU for a while. You will, of course, have to run at low settings, but if it runs and doesn't crash... You've narrowed it down to GPU or PSU.