Thread: Dress your age?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dress your age?

I've noticed that once people reach a certain age, they stop dressing "alternative" or non-mainstream. They've "grown up." Is it ok for a 40+ year old to dress like a rock star? Or is it embarrassing?

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I've noticed that once people reach a certain age, they stop dressing "alternative" or non-mainstream. They've "grown up." Is it ok for a 40+ year old to dress like a rock star? Or is it embarrassing?
    Have you ever been to New York? Or London or Paris ?

Last edited by Themius; 2020-07-02 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I'm pretty much dressing like I did in high school, in the early 90s.
    Instead of black t-shirts and black jeans back then, I wear black cargo pants and black collared shirts, with a few t shirts thrown in now.
    Dress how you want, what makes you comfy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since covid, it’s been little more than underpants... remembering how my dad dressed at my age... spot on... carrying on my culture...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    T-shirt, cargo shorts, flip flips, and a bucket hat until the day I die.

I keep so much shit in my pockets, a cutie girl called me Doraemon.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Dressing age appropriate is important. Queer eye told me so.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

What the fuck is "dressing your age"?

Wearing a suit or dressing semi formal has more to do with your job than "dressing your age". What you wear in your free time is an entirely different thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Wearing a suit or dressing semi formal has more to do with your job than "dressing your age". What you wear in your free time is an entirely different thing.
    Yes but in your free time you can dress age appropriate.
    Driving on Sunshine.

I'm sorry, but a guy that's wearing his jeans around his butt cheeks is embarrassing enough when a teen. But when you're in your 30s? Oh god no...

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been wearing Chuck Taylor's since I was in middle school back in the late 70s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dress my age? I'm 37, does that mean I need to wear 37 pieces of flair? If you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair like your pretty boy Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Yes but in your free time you can dress age appropriate.
    Yes, but what the fuck is "age appropriate"? Especially in the case of men? Just dress whatever is fashionable if you are fashion conscious, or whatever you feel like if you have no fucks to give.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but what the fuck is "age appropriate"? Especially in the case of men? Just dress whatever is fashionable if you are fashion conscious, or whatever you feel like if you have no fucks to give.
    Being fashion conscious doesn't come naturally to many people but it's a clear display of who you are to the world. It's important.
    Driving on Sunshine.

5+ Year Old Account
    Fashion has been dead for 2 decades, just copy-paste what previous decades created...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dressing however you want is dressing your age.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Norms be damned, dress however you like OP!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm sorry, but a guy that's wearing his jeans around his butt cheeks is embarrassing enough when a teen. But when you're in your 30s? Oh god no...

Around the house I just wear my boxers. It makes it much easier to scratch my nuts when I need to.

That fashion choice is timeless.

well if you dont mind looking like a hobo - sure.

overall "dressing casual" means foremost have 0 style and what is worse not even understanding what style means in modern society

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Being fashion conscious doesn't come naturally to many people but it's a clear display of who you are to the world. It's important.
    it doesnt mostly because they parents never tought them that.

being avare of wat you should wear depending on occasion should come from home - but if parents had 0 style - kids also have 0 style too.

dont get me wrong - i understand that tshit + cargo pants can be very comfortable. but they fit when you go for a walk or to the beach and dont care what others think about you . - not when you sit in office or go for a date.

I think everyone just needs to own a mirror, common sense, and have a friend or two to tell them what they're wearing is just dumb or not.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

I'm more a fan of 'dress for the occasion'.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?