Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Zombie dragons, the obvious "break glass in case of death" go-to option.
    So the new Shadowlands starting experience.

Given that they have also broken Illidan and Lich King from their "In case of immident game death, break glass" boxes, the game is in dire spot indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't know what it would be but it would have to be something to keep solo players happy. Despite the developer preference for group content if the game suddenly falls off a steep slope (again as in Cataclysm) group content won't save it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Basically make the entire game playable solo.
    Why pay a sub to play online if it's to play solo all the time ? This is just dumb. The very genre of the game is MMO (even though it has devolved into a lobby-based group instances game).

If? /10BFAs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    What type of big red emergency button would you press to save the game of its impending doom
    Most of the things they did for Legion, but with an actual plan for the expansion after legion so it didn't turn out terrible and reset the progress that Legion made.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Why pay a sub to play online if it's to play solo all the time ? This is just dumb. The very genre of the game is MMO (even though it has devolved into a lobby-based group instances game).
    A lot of people already do, so this is a strange question.
    There is no solo game with MMO gameplay. Plus it's nice (at least for me) to see and speak to other people, i just don't want to be forced to group up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    New playable race: Ogres for The Horde.
    Player and/or Guild Housing.
    Class Skins
    New class: Bard.
    New Allied Races: Hozen for Horde, Jinyu for Alliance, Mogu neutral.
    Wintergrasp and Tol Barad-like zones become the new staple for world PVP. No more toggle on/off bullshit.
    Character services become 66% cheaper.
    Yepp. This is it.
    Exept the Ogres. Maybe Dryads? The Bard can heal, can't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Hmmm
    -Player/Guild housing
    -Armor Dyes
    -Less Tmog restrictions (Plate can be mogged into Mail etc)
    -A Necromancer class that's different from a Warlock or DK
    -Troll characters not getting killed off pointlessly
    -Beards for trolls
    -GW2/FF14/ESO-like cosmetic store you can buy unique armor appearances from that can also be bought with gold
    -More unique armor, some letting you resemble a Lore character
    -Allied Race customization, this includes DKs

houses, tmog, beards for trolls, cosmetic store, unique armor, race customization...

ye, this will definitely save the wow... like we do not need better lore, better gameplay, better class fantasy, all removed spells back... cosmetics, ye..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Because that's what most people do. It's the difference between choosing to group up with someone or being forced to group up to get something done. It's a brain-dead argument really because the vast majority of the content in the game is solo content. To answer the question posed in the op, if the game were really sliding again--something that I don't think for a minute is really happening--the easiest way to bring people back (back being the operative word) is solo content. People come back and do stuff. They don't need to know anyone, they don't need to play with strangers. I'm not making a value judgement on it per se, it's just a reality.

Why do people come back for expansions? Many of them to level, see the sights a bit and then leave after a month. Solo content. They aren't staying to raid, to do +15 mythics. People will come back for content like this. Millions do every couple of years. It's just true.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Battle Royale. Jump right on that bandwagon.

Random zone. Drop everyone at max height with a goblin glider. Random pickups that give powerful buffs or an ExtraAction button.

By dieing it means that it does not generate a lot of money, which basically means that i do not have enough maneuverability to do things because the investors would not allow me to do so.

So the easy answer is (serious) re-release Arthas and make the entire game more casual friendly and ofc change the subscription model either make it cheaper or buy to play and buy each components of the game desperately depending on what you like.

The funny answer is start over make things more grounded in terms of lore, no cosmic destructive events, you are just a Peon after all or at best a Grunt. And ofc lots of character customization that rpg enthusiasts love.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Battle Royale. Jump right on that bandwagon.

Random zone. Drop everyone at max height with a goblin glider. Random pickups that give powerful buffs or an ExtraAction button.
    Thats quite a funny idea. This would fulfill unspoken needs.

Real answer:
    Shut down the servers, claim the year as a loss, sell Blizzard to EA walk away retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Real talk though, I would change Legendaries to be more like Heirlooms. They work everywhere and they scale up into any level of content. Then gate them at the beginning. Design a new Legendary research table that encompasses the entire game. You would have to research to be able to use them in raids and then research for them to be at full power in raids, etc.

I would add spec specific Heirlooms for specific quality of life for each spec and an Heirloom research tree. The tree would have 2 paths: you either make your heirlooms be more beefy or you make them help you get more XP in some way, maybe bonus XP if you slay certain types of creatures or are in certain zones, something that would encourage the player to think or plan while leveling.

The big kahuna would be "unlocking" the loot tables. Creatures in the world now have a chance to drop any type of item from any area of the game within your level range, including from raids and dungeons. This would be controversial, but I can't think of anything more elegant and fun to spice up leveling in this game.

- Harder Jobs with Hardcore-Grind to get to max so you only have a handfull per Realm that can make the "good stuff" (see Vanilla)
    - FF14 Like Class- and Job-Design - Everyone has every class and every job on all twinks now anyway. So whats the big deal? You could always stick to YOUR Character, not to some less important Twink-Chars. You could also make Challenges and real Achievements Class- und Job-Based because everyone could get it.
    - Housing and Guild Halls

Judging from the forum posts; Let's release a WOW level editor like Warcraft 3's editor, and let our arm-chair game designers make their own games.
    WOW custom maps within WOW client

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Fun answers allowed

Serious answer:

Dye customization option for new transmogs
    Customizable mounts
    PvP-Solo queue
    Housing + Guild hall

Fun answer:

Pet battles...oh wait...
    Battle Royale game mode

-----

What type of big red emergency button would you press to save the game of its impending doom
    Think the bug red button would probably be the "sell everything we can and shut down servers" button.

Nothing lasts forever but wow is making a very decent run for its money.

A new store mount and pet.

what do you mean "if".

I would make an ordinary expansion, but with a twist in final raid, where on mythic heroes are defeated and all life ends on azeroth and when world first final boss kill occures, i'd announce a WoW 2 on a new engine with a new cinematic and watch an absolute shitstorm unfold and my stocks soar.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So the new Shadowlands starting experience.

Given that they have also broken Illidan and Lich King from their "In case of immident game death, break glass" boxes, the game is in dire spot indeed.
    Well, you could say that. The "zombie dragons" thing is a callback to an old meme from WoWCrendor, though:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I would just bring back Arthas.