Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    There should be a build today. Last build points to nightborne, zandalari, mechagnomes, mag’har and vulpera getting eye color selection.

But I don’t expect anything big until all the main races receive their first pass. There’s still gnomes, goblins and orcs to go.
    I think only night elves are fully complete.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Possible, but only gnomes, goblins and orcs had no new options enabled/finished. That's what I call "first pass". Many races will eventually get a second pass or even a third.
    Whatever...

I haven't been following the updates, but isn't it a bit late for those races then ? I mean, if they all need at least two passes, orcs and co may end with the short end of the stick... And obviously AR are even further behind it.

15+ Year Old Account
    So.. do Void Elves also get access to the lighter hair tones? Or just the skins?

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    So.. do Void Elves also get access to the lighter hair tones? Or just the skins?
    For now just the skins it seems. We keep our tentacles, which is cool. I would just like a few more short-haired options for the females, similar to what the Nelves are getting. As a plate wearing melee fighter I find long hair just impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    I haven't been following the updates, but isn't it a bit late for those races then ? I mean, if they all need at least two passes, orcs and co may end with the short end of the stick... And obviously AR are even further behind it.
    I don't expect anything major for second passes or ARs. I think ARs will mostly receive a few textures and inherit some settings from their "main race" equivalent at this point.
    Whatever...

It's rather strange that all the characters there don't go to SL apparently... will Alleria remain on Azeroth in the end ? It seems like it

If so, I hope Blizzard will use her time on Azeroth to bolster the standing of the Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Alleria is in the next bit of Shadow Rising released : https://imgur.com/gallery/bGbFCwW

Apparently, she's more changed than we thought (at least her eyes are said by Anduin to be Void infused, if I understood it correctly). It's also a good thing that her actions before the new Siege of Orgrimmar are used in the way they are here.
    According to a Blizzplanet review, there are no void elves in the novel (except for Alleria). Also Alleria and Turalyon aren't even the main characters. The novel is mostly focused on Talanji, Zekhan, Nathanos, Thrall, Jaina, Anduin, and Bwonsamdi.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2020-07-07 at 12:16 PM.

I don't expect anything major for second passes or ARs. I think ARs will mostly receive a few textures and inherit some settings from their "main race" equivalent at this point.
    im surprised ARs are getting anything at all. Blizz already stated that they were concentrating on original races and not foing much for AR at the begginning og SL.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    According to a Blizzplanet review, there are no void elves in the novel (except for Alleria). Also Alleria and Turalyon aren't even the main characters. The novel is mostly focused on Talanji, Zekhan, Nathanos, Thrall, Jaina, Anduin, and Bwonsamdi.
    Damn it ! Damn it all to hell !

Damn it ! Damn it all to hell !
    Hope you didnt expect to be rid of Goldens influence just because she is not writing the book.

My guess(well hope i should say) is void elves, Alleria, Turalyon and Arator are supposed to play a part in a potential future Light vs Void expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Hope you didnt expect to be rid of Goldens influence just because she is not writing the book.
    Oh noes, book has Anduin and Jaina.

Call the waaambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    im surprised ARs are getting anything at all. Blizz already stated that they were concentrating on original races and not foing much for AR at the begginning og SL.
    Some improvements were expected, even if they are nowhere near what main races would get.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Exactly what I expected... Nothing aimed at us.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what I expected... Nothing aimed at us.
    It's just a combination of a fact that Void Elves are a minor faction with two and a half named characters and a floating rock for home going into adventure that does not ring the bell for them either.

I'm sure that in the inevitable Void expansion they will have a more prominent role as experts on that kind of thing for the Alliance. Until then Blizz will probably give them a couple more named characters with some background just to put some meat in those bones.

It will take years and ultimately it still will be a fringe faction with fringe stories, aside from Alleria and Locusboi.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Improvements I think are reasonable to expect for every race (core and allied):
    *Eyes being decoupled from face (All player models work on similar rigs and thus are all being reworked for this)
    *Additional eye color options (Since the above work must be done anyway, there's little reason not to add these relatively easy options)

Improvements I think probably shouldn't be too surprising for every race (core and allied):
    *Certain customization option sets broken up into their component pieces (like separating mustaches from beards for example)
    *Additional hair color options (this is relatively simple to add, and from the teaser, it seems Void Elves are getting Black at the very least)

Improvements that I think are reasonable to be surprised about for allied races:
    *Additional skin tones (Void Elves are getting these and it was pretty darn surprising)
    *Additional jewelry (Nightborne are getting new earrings I believe)
    *Additional hairstyles (No new styles for any allied races seen... yet)
    *Additional face options (Only humans have gotten new faces... so far)
    *Any non-skin tone options allied races inherit from their parent races (None yet but a good example might be the Tauren hair flowers being inherited by Highmountain)
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-07-08 at 01:33 AM.

I posted this on the High Elf and 9.0 threads, but since it's interesting for all allied races, here it goes as well:

Hey, guys, after one week, my desktop is finally fixed, and upgraded as well. I was able to get gnome and goblin customization galleries, as well as I updated blood elf female images since they were bugged when I took the original pictures. Enjoy!

--------ALLIANCE--------

Humans
    Dwarves
    Night Elves
    Gnomes
    Draenei
    Worgen

--------HORDE--------

Orcs Unavailable Yet
    Undead
    Tauren
    Trolls
    Blood elves
    Goblins

--------NEUTRAL--------

Pandaren

-------------------------------------

Only orcs remain for all base races to have their first pass! Cool!

Besides the main races, allied race improvements so far:
    - Void elf eye color is enabled
    - Kul Tiran eye color enabled. Facial hair split into moustache and beard.
    - Mechagnome eye color enabled. Skin color and paint job split. New gnome skin colors available for them. New modifications added (ocular implants that once were only enabled under armor)
    - Bald option for all!

Things to look forward on second pass:
    - Bug fixes
    - Scars for more races (seems really simple to implement)
    - More textures for some races (like blood elf jewelry color)
    - Potentially, human facial hair split into sideburns, beard and moustache
    - Some allied race updates (finally!)

Aside from that, signs I found in latest build:
    - Lightforged draenei and Highmountain tauren are disabled (they are being worked on!)
    - Nightborne, Zandalari, Vulpera and Mag'har have textureless eyes (eye color selection incoming!)
    - Nightborne and Lightforged (in previous build) tattoo textures were opaque, but NPCs still had the reflexive look from live. I think this mean we will be able to set their tattoos to be opaque, reflexive or glowing.

This week may be big, with orc customization added and more allied race improvements. We are close to see those void elf skin colors, I bet!
    Whatever...

I very much doubt it. There are interface things that need cleaning up and also the tattoo and colouration options that need to be finished.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    I would love some platinum hair colors with a blue/purple sheen, longer hair for men. Each male elf has that traditional, long, middle-parted hairstyle. That's all I want! I'm fine with my existing skin color.
    Paler hair options would definitively be great !

Paler hair options would definitively be great !
    Yes. White hair would look perfectly for void elves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Yes. White hair would look perfectly for void elves.
    I don't see a reason why they don't have that option already, because all playable races besides tauren and void elves already have white hair option. I get that Blizz did not want to give velves blonde and ginger tones to differentiate them from belves, but white is not unique to them at all.