Is timewalking every week now?

Is this new? I mean I like leveling fast, and even in the 110-120 level range, one dungeon run gives one level with full heirlooms. It's nice. At the same time, I'd like to do something different. It just seems like a waste of time because timewalking is the superior way of leveling a lot of the time.

Its not every week, but we're currently going through all the expansions once. BC last week, Wrath this week, Cata next, followed by MoP and WoD. After which there is a break.

It's temporary. Similar to the reputations buff

Quote Originally Posted by Trans Lives Matter View Post
    So it's every week
    It will be every week until the cycle completes, then there is another weekly event I believe. I'd recommend to check the calendar in game.

Is this new? I mean I like leveling fast, and even in the 110-120 level range, one dungeon run gives one level with full heirlooms. It's nice. At the same time, I'd like to do something different. It just seems like a waste of time because timewalking is the superior way of leveling a lot of the time.
    they are just chaining them for the next 5 weeks, it is not a permanent thing. Good time for leveling alts. 100% Bonus exp buff still up, all the BoA's, the Draught of Ten Lands, an Exp Gem. I counted 175% Bonus exp, I don't have the Fishing Tourny ring, and managed to level a priest from lvl 102 to 120 in 8 TBC timewalking dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    It will be every week until the cycle completes, then there is another weekly event I believe. I'd recommend to check the calendar in game.
    Thanks, but the calender looks so complicated, there's so much stuff in there, it's hard to get a good overview.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    they are just chaining them for the next 5 weeks, it is not a permanent thing. Good time for leveling alts. 100% Bonus exp buff still up, all the BoA's, the Draught of Ten Lands, an Exp Gem. I counted 175% Bonus exp, I don't have the Fishing Tourny ring, and managed to level a priest from lvl 102 to 120 in 8 TBC timewalking dungeons.
    Oh right, the gem. What's like the earliest piece of gear one can get with a socket? Early TBC gear?

Thanks, but the calender looks so complicated, there's so much stuff in there, it's hard to get a good overview.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh right, the gem. What's like the earliest piece of gear one can get with a socket? Early TBC gear?
    I think so. I know a lot of initial dungeon pieces from WotLK/BC dungeons have up to 3 sockets. One of the belts has 2 sockets I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I think so. I know a lot of initial dungeon pieces from WotLK/BC dungeons have up to 3 sockets. One of the belts has 2 sockets I believe.
    oh I just saw it has to be like itemlevel 200 or so at least
    which means it has to be a ring or a legion crafted legendary or prydaz, which would be hard to acquire I guess
    the crafted ones aren't worth the effort for 5% exp for 20 levels and I don't know if prydaz can come out of the accountbound token, even if, it would require a lot of luck
    so I guess this gem is only meant for people who don't have the pirate ring

maybe timewalking stuff would work because of the increased itemlevel
    Last edited by Trans Lives Matter; 2020-07-02 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the event is running through every timewalking expansion once and then it will be done. the earliest item you can socket with the exp gem are the garrosh heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

blue post here confirming above posts.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ncoming/557770
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

1 level with full looms for every random dungeon in BfA? 10 random dungeons and you get to 120?

Seems a bit impossible to me, I finished leveling my shaman healer one month ago and running dungeons started to be useless exp side around level 85.

1-85 was really great with dungeons though, if you are a healer or tank there’s zero queue and it’s pretty fast getting to 85.

- - - Updated - - -

correct. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    1 level with full looms for every random dungeon in BfA? 10 random dungeons and you get to 120?

Seems a bit impossible to me, I finished leveling my shaman healer one month ago and running dungeons started to be useless exp side around level 85.

1-85 was really great with dungeons though, if you are a healer or tank there’s zero queue and it’s pretty fast getting to 85.
    Every random TIMEWALKING dungeon, yes.

You really should do it if you have alts stuck in the 110-120 bracket, because it is indeed 1 (or almost) a full level per run. I would say 11 runs will get you to there. In fact, TW dungs are probably the fastest way to get those final 10 levels.

90-100 - WoD treasures
    100-110 - Legion invasions
    110-120 - Timewalking dungeons
    Last edited by SirReal; 2020-07-02 at 04:15 PM.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    No that is quite accurate. Did it yesterday on my paladin. 1 level per run with full looms (both rings) and potion. The bonus experience is that much, especially because of the winds of wisdom buff.