Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It actually saw an 80% drop according to this article https://www.spieltimes.com/news/the-...ek-on-week-uk/. Of course, it does note uncharted 4 saw a 78% drop in its second week.

But honestly, it's to be expected when you sell 4 million in the first week, no one is gonna match those kinds of numbers in week 2.
    When Uncharted 4 came out physical sales made up about 10% more of the pie as well, when you factor that in the drop is probably even less then U4 since the UK charts don't yet provide digital numbers like the NPD does.

But yea we know from Sony that is sold 4+ mil to consumers in a single weekend. Anyone trying to spin the game as a sales flop is super weird. You have Benji saying on twitter how if GoT manages to sell 3 mil in the same time span with will be a tremendous success but here we have people claiming the fastest selling Sony game of all time 1 mil ahead of that is a flop? The actual fuck?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-07-02 at 04:06 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the fastest-selling Playstation 4 exclusive ever so it clearly did pay off. The fact that some people didn't like the story is kind of irrelevant at this point.
    It's not irrelevant because those very same people who disliked the story will be unlikely to buy anything else from ND after such a scam. You don't know the story when you are buying the game and when you know it you can't refund it. ND did major damage to their reputation with this divisive story, which they intentionally made divisive (their own words) and now are complaining about players being so divided.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's not irrelevant because those very same people who disliked the story will be unlikely to buy anything else from ND after such a scam. You don't know the story when you are buying the game and when you know it you can't refund it. ND did major damage to their reputation with this divisive story, which they intentionally made divisive (their own words) and now are complaining about players being so divided.
    This is a really weird stance to take, I mean you have no evidence to back up such a claim and overwhelming amounts of evidence speaking to the contrary. Tell me are you also against vaccination?

Im not really sure what feeling this game was intended to get out of you other than "I really don't know how to feel" at the end of it. I actually liked the story though honestly, even if a lot of the gameplay was kind of repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'll be very surprised if it does half of what the first game did lifetime.
    Well, it's already done in the first days (4M) more than half what the first did in the PS3 throughout its lifetime (7M). And I highly doubt it won't sell more than the PS4 remaster (10M), probably well before the 1st year mark.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Yeah, you can't really complain when you piss in someone's Cheerios and they dump the bowl on your head. Frankly, the game could be better in every facet, that review sites rated it so highly shows that there's major bias on their part, and the people review bombing are doing the same thing the opposite way. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I still maintain that review scores should be deleted from the Internet as a whole and that it should be rated somewhere in the middle if you were to give it a rating.

But yes, they've certainly burned some bridges, but you know what gamer's are like, for all their bitching and complaining, they are probably still going to buy Crash Bandicoot when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    But yes, they've certainly burned some bridges, but you know what gamer's are like, for all their bitching and complaining, they are probably still going to buy Crash Bandicoot when it comes out.
    Crash is not owned by Naughty Dog nor Sony I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/30/21...s4-playstation

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon
    On June 12, Vice published its review of The Last of Us Part 2, in which critic Rob Zacny said that while the game had “memorable moments” that made for great “spectacle,” he was less taken with the story and characters. “Nobody ever reconsiders their quest for vengeance,” Zacny wrote. “Everyone acts under a kind of vindictive compulsion that goes little remarked and unexamined.” Zacny went on to describe the game’s message as complacent, full of “oppressive bleakness and violence.”

While the vast majority of reviews have lavished The Last of Us Part 2 with all sorts of praise, a handful of outlets — Polygon included — have been slightly more critical of the blockbuster game. According to Zacny, Vice’s review prompted a Sony representative to reach out on behalf of Naughty Dog.

“They felt some of the conclusions I reached in my review were unfair and dismissed some meaningful changes or improvements,” Zacny told Polygon over Twitter messages.

Zacny clarified that the exchange wasn’t “confrontational,” but that it was nonetheless “unusual,” as the site doesn’t typically have big publishers asking in an official capacity why a review reads the way it does. Such things can happen, of course, though often with smaller developers, or from publishers who have spotted a factual error in a piece that they want corrected.

“I was happy to unpack a bit of my reasoning, however, and received a perfectly cordial message in response,” Zacny said. Naughty Dog’s PR team declined to comment on Polygon’s inquiry about its exchange with Vice.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Crash is not owned by Naughty Dog nor Sony I believe.
    It's owned by Activision. So the bitching and complaining is still relevant just for Activision reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    ...yikes what?

Sony rep was looking for more context behind their review and he provided it. I've had smaller publishers request that I do the same for critical reviews at times as well, and it's a bit unusual but not unheard of or bad. Editor can tell you to stuff it and they don't need to explain shit and that's fine, too.

Sounds like the rep wanted to more details to provide to a ND/Sony higher up who had questions, reached out professionally, got them, and that's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...yikes what?

Sony rep was looking for more context behind their review and he provided it. I've had smaller publishers request that I do the same for critical reviews at times as well, and it's a bit unusual but not unheard of or bad. Editor can tell you to stuff it and they don't need to explain shit and that's fine, too.

Sounds like the rep wanted to more details to provide to a ND/Sony higher up who had questions, reached out professionally, got them, and that's that.
    Yes, something they say doesn't happen in the business unless they literally report things that aren't true, in which case publishers/devs reach out with requests to make corrections.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes, something they say doesn't happen in the business unless they literally report things that aren't true, in which case publishers/devs reach out with requests to make corrections.
    No, two different things.

1. Factual errors: This is where publishers can go and say, "You fucked up." and request you correct it. That isn't what happened here.

2. Context: Looking for a bit more info, beyond what's written in the review, to help better understand the critical aspects of the review to pass along to the developers. This is what happened here.

If you note, the article notes that it wasn't confrontational and the exchange was cordial, this wasn't anything nefarious. And as I said, if Zacny didn't want to engage he could have told them to stuff it and that everything he had to say was in the review.

Spoilers obviously but this was pretty hilarious.

While 6/10 is pretty fair I'd like to point out that this was the kind of crap going on during his Livestream. Warning Late Game Spoilers!!!:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ThankfulSoft...nderRaccAttack

While 6/10 is pretty fair I'd like to point out that this was the kind of crap going on during his Livestream. Warning Late Game Spoilers!!!:

lol...

Gamers need to actually buy some 6/10 games, and see how asinine that kind of 'score' really is.

10+ Year Old Account

Completely agree with him glad he had the ballz to say it like it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Claiming a guy that just plays up to what his subscriber base wants him to do instead of forming his own opinion has "ballz" is quite a statement...

Name any recent Joe take that isn't saying what his base wants him to say, because the last time he went against them years ago he lost a lot and has been nothing more then in panic pandering mode since. "Ballz" he does not have.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-07-02 at 04:32 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Ya from the couple of tiles I checked out his stream when I had nothing better to do it was really clear he Wasn’t playing with a full deck.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn’t even make sense the game doesn’t shy away from killing women at all such a complete had no legs to stand on.

Sure. It's not because by that point in the story Abby realized that her revenge was hollow and did nothing for her than to lead her through a dark path and destroy her friendships and lead to the deaths of most her closer friends. Or that killing them would likely destroy her new friendship with Lev, and further rob herself of what remains of her humanity. Nah, it's cause they wamen. I guess Tommy is secretly a wamen too, since he survived?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Sure. It's not because by that point in the story Abby realized that her revenge was hollow and did nothing for her than to lead her through a dark path and destroy her friendships and lead to the deaths of most her closer friends. Or that killing them would likely destroy her new friendship with Lev, and further rob herself of what remains of her humanity. Nah, it's cause they wamen. I guess Tommy is secretly a wamen too, since he survived?
    Don’t you get it all of Abbie’s girl friends were actually guys it’s the only reason they were killed it’s the only explanation.