Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just need to do something else, would be hard for it to be worse. People will probably hate it and it will make a ton of money regardless.
    /s

They just need to remove Kennedy and let Favreau and Filoni be the Feige of Star Wars going forward.

Over it

Just do the Grand Admiral trilogy. Its already written for you. Has every character you need. You could even remove the sith lord end boss and all the clone stuff. Would be a great "down to earth" Star Wars.

Mara Jade. I mean why the hell hasn't this character been put on screen yet? Also Mara Jade + Luke = Rey would have made more sense than the bullshit they threw at us in RoS. They already screwed that up. Okay now I'm just realizing that all I wanted was for them to do the GM trilogy and they didn't and missed great chances at memorable characters and reveals. Screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hamil, Ford, and Fisher won't show up. Nor will the likeness of their characters in CGI.

Next thing on the corporate film franchise docket: reboots! They're gonna remake the original trilogy within the next ten years, with new actors. And it will be shit. Lol Leia is probably going to be a stronk female character who needs no man and does everything herself....

<more ranting>
    I... did you not watch the original trilogy or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's a dumb rumor.

There's no way any attempt to "re-do" any of episodes 1-9 will ever be met with applause. Just not ever gonna happen. Plus, reworking anything in Eps 1-3 hoses the Clone Wars series, and that's actually decent once you get past the first couple seasons (just finished it last week, stupid late I know, the first two seasons were not good, but seasons 3-7 are mostly pretty damned amazing. Haven't started Rebels yet, it's up next.)

Eps 7-9 just underscore why it's a really bad idea to have two writers and directors doing competing versions from film to film, taking only the barest of hints from each other beyond cast and characters. Honestly, if Rian Johnson had the series for all three films, it probably would've been amazing. It's Abrams' films that are filled with the more-egregious nonsense; Rian Johnson's desire to flip assumptions on their head makes sense, for a third trilogy, to avoid being repetitive. It ends up rushed, because he's only getting to do one film, and it's the inconsistency with his and Abrams' films which make the whole trilogy nonsense.

Rebooting just fucks things up. Don't introduce time travel. Unless your story is time travel, time travel is just giving up and ruining your franchise.

They're probably just going to wildly shift the timeline to either the High Republic, as previously rumored, or just skip 200-1000 years into the future, so everything's changed and we can rebuild the intervening centuries with whatever history we want. Render the Skywalker Saga irrelevant to anything going on in that time, either because it's distant future or past.
    Yeah I think Ryan could have made a better three films. Most of the problems with the 8th film are because he had to take the pile of shit JJ gave him and cobble together an entertaining film while still leaving enough meat for the final film.

I think they could potentially pull off a "reboot" of the last three films by doing something like making a film where Luke is captured by a small remnant of the Empire who are trying to turn him to the dark side. They could be forcing a non sith/jedi alien force user to use her powers to make luke experience false lives in order to make him go dark side but he keeps fighting and always getting the good guys to win in the end. The alien girl falls in love with him experiencing dozens of lives with him and eventually works up the courage to save him and they end up escaping. Sure it might piss off fans of the Disney trilogy but it would also remove all the bad that JJ injected into the film universe. You could even try and get the actors back to play the villans and other prisoners, etc... So you aren't shitting on them just the nonsense that JJ created. Then after the fairytale ending set all future movies far away in time or space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they just need to erase those 3 movies from the records, said they are not canon, and create a new decent trilogy, hopeful not attached with the Skywalkers, that pass after the episode VI, like the Mandalorian series
    Or like, not erase them and start to focus on something else within the SW universe. They can go back a few thousand years, go into the future, or just go to another galaxy, star system, w/e. As long as they stop doing Skywalker stuff becuse that era is done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Or like, not erase them and start to focus on something else within the SW universe. They can go back a few thousand years, go into the future, or just go to another galaxy, star system, w/e. As long as they stop doing Skywalker stuff becuse that era is done.
    not a fan of going back, unless you keep things decent and faithful to the lore, so it don't get conflicted, and i doubt people care about those things lately, but i would like some stories like following the sith

since the new trilogy is trash anyway they can just say isn't canon and start a new one after episode 6, in a world with the fall of the empire, and how many problems/conflicts it caused

Cause i love the mandalorian, love the concept
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-07-02 at 04:11 PM.

Wishful thinking from haters trying to make "fetch" happen.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

I don't think it is necessary. Just go forward with the Mandalorian being the new jump off point. The events of 7,8,9 can be casually alluded to here and there vaguely to establish time markers, but that's it really. People will eat it up as long as it is good, like show.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Im done witht this franchise in general anyway. Its not just the movie they sold to EA the games and so far we got one good game, that ill pick up when its $10 in a bin because its EA, in a decade. We got more movies than video game in the same time span, thats just ridiculous. I used to be a fan and collector of star wars stuff, i sold most of it to get into a better hobby and i did not even feel upset, because its not just bad movies (some of them i liked) Its just the overall product was made into this even bigger shit than it is, which is funny because toy sales are down and stuff like that, which make sense if im not the only collector that ditched to green pasture.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Good lord. Really... with this nonsense?

The Star Wars sequels came out. Some people liked all of them. Some people liked some of them. Some people liked none of them. They made Disney a boatload of money.

They happened. They’re done. Maybe they weren’t what you wanted story-wise, maybe you thought Luke should have force-thrown all those AT-ATs into the sun, maybe you get uppity about made up space physics in your space wizard movie. Maybe you think Kathleen Kennedy is the source of all evil in the media world and is conspiring to turn everyone into purple-haired lesbians. I don’t know; I’ve heard a lot of valid, and a lot of completely batshit stupid, complaints about these movies.

But whatever your little pet issue is... fucking deal with it. I think every Jurassic park sequel is an affront to the original Jurassic Park, but I’m not demanding some hundred-million dollar overhaul of the entire franchise so I can feel good about myself and some science fiction film franchise.

This isn’t the Snyder cut, where a financial and critical disappointment of a film sits in a different semi-completed form on a shelf somewhere awaiting post-production and some pick-up shots.

It’s over. This trilogy is finished. Done. Move on with your lives. You should be wanting NEW Star Wars stuff like the mandalorian or rebels or clone wars, not a re-do of the things you didn’t like until you feel that whoever did it right. Because someone is always gonna be unhappy.

All of these pointless rumors do no one any good.
    I want to know where the hell Ezra and Thrawn are dammit! So this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Star Wars is dead folks

That sucks for you. Meanwhile many of us are still enjoying the new content and old content.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Erasing' would be dumb and a waste of time. On top of being extremely destructive to the lore.

With the end of the Skywalker Saga they have the option to do whatever they want before or after the movies, a much better direction.

The only alternative is to completely redo all 9 movies with Clones Wars, Rebels, and the comics being persistent.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is they already tried a "reboot". The Disney era were essentially reboots of the OT. Which is part of the reason why they are so dumb as the story has the same elements and a bunch of random stuff thrown in for "cool". And I'm sure the different directors instead of a one cohesive arc didn't help. It still was decent as Star Wars goes but just had to much stupid stuff while the good parts got drowned out.

I can't see them ignoring these 3 but they could do a story that happens along side it sort of like Rogue One happened just prior to the OT. We could see more of the wider fight rather then the specific events. And I sure hope they don't add in different dimension, force vision, etc into the mix. I really wish they kept closer to the EU and used it like the comics are to the MCU. Not bound by the events but a spring board for new ones.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

They just need to focus on new stories like the example set by Mandolorian.

No more bringing back old actors so they can be grumpy and sad please!

Also they need to focus more on story telling and not trying to be an "event"
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Could we please get a revamped version of Shadows of the Empire? Something that canonically makes sense between ESB and RotJ but without the mid-90's awkwardness?

I'd much rather have the Shadows explanation of how Leia gets her costume rather than the post-new trilogy Maz Kanada explanation.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-07-02 at 11:21 PM.

Re-doing the 3 movies would be an awful idea along the lines of TLJ.

I love Favreau, but this kind of project is doomed to fail just from negativity. They could open up older stories/time periods, or do newer ones. But leave the Skywalker series dead. It's a shame, I really like TFA, there was so much potential there that its shocking they allowed TLJ to just ruin everything built.

Edit: I wonder what really happened behind the scenes with this trilogy, we blame Kennedy a lot and ultimately it is her fault for not reigning in the project, but have you ever looked at the movies that woman has worked on? She has a really impressive best hits roll for her work. She's handled the BttF trilogy and Jurrasic Park, which say what you want about JP, the trilogy actually maintained a cohesion between movies and definitely hold up better than SW 7-9.

In 20 years when some of these people start dying, there will be a ton of books and info that come out talking about how this all got handled so poorly.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-07-02 at 11:34 PM.

This will, literally, never happen unless they reboot the entire universe, OT and PT included.

The ST was financially successful. Two of the three were critically successful. Yes, TFA was derivative, TLJ was controversial, and TRoS was a trainwreck, but they happened. The original cast came back to usher them forward. And there is FAR too much invested in that era, thanks to Galaxy's Edge being completely designed around it, for them to reboot it anytime in the next couple of decades.

Star Wars just needs to move away from the Skywalker saga. The Old Republic is fertile ground. The Future is a completely blank slate. The High Republic looks promising. Hell, even The Mandalorian, which is a bridge from the OT to the ST, was one of the most popular shows on the planet last year. It'll be fine so long as they start telling stories about people who aren't the Skywalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Edit: I wonder what really happened behind the scenes with this trilogy, we blame Kennedy a lot and ultimately it is her fault for not reigning in the project, but have you ever looked at the movies that woman has worked on? She has a really impressive best hits roll for her work. She's handled the BttF trilogy and Jurrasic Park, which say what you want about JP, the trilogy actually maintained a cohesion between movies and definitely hold up better than SW 7-9.
    Kennedy gets a lot of hate because she ushered in the ST, but she never gets credit all of the good stuff that was released under her watch. Rebels, the revival of TCW, The Mandalorian, Rogue One...Kennedy was behind all of those, too. I'd call her record mixed more than outright terrible.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2020-07-02 at 11:49 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Awful idea that would hardly ever bear fruit. Just clean slate the franchise, move on to a new post-skywalker neo-old republic era. Knock the force down a notch or 20 (from the utter bullshit in the last movie), make both forces underground or only thinnly connected to the jedi/sith ideology, give the setting some proper sci-fi sheen again, instead of the drab industrial look for the rebels and overly simplified look on the empire side and most important of all, create some likeable characters again, not walking bargain bin tropes.

Let the old shit become true myth and legend again (not what jar jar abrahms thought that means), no cameo or other stuff from the horrible disney characters or digging out CGI corpses of the original cast.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Four words: let Star Wars rest.

Milking it more than it already has been is what lead to the downfall of the Terminator franchise (it should've stopped with T2, and used the other ending).

The Mandalorian can stay though. I've heard good things about it.