Can people please stop applying real world physics to a game that has dragons and birds able to hover while flapping their wings one time in three seconds? Gravity clearly doesn’t work the same here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, Stormrune is just as ridiculous as Armageddon, possibly more so. It would be impossible to give it any semblance of useable balance with that blade shape. Downsizing won't help. It's not just to big, it's formed wrong. And the Edge part is unlikely at best.
    Nah, I don't think its nearly as bad as Armageddon.

The Overlord plate set is another candidate. It's beautiful in it's simple functional design.
    Thats your typical Soldier armor, simple but....pretty common.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Can people please stop applying real world physics to a game that has dragons and birds able to hover while flapping their wings one time in three seconds? Gravity clearly doesn’t work the same here.
    They break more than just real world physics. Those dragons and birds just need lower gravity, which is fairly likely since Azeroth is smaller than Earth.

Stormrune Edge would require gravity to selectively affect different parts of the sword differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Bolvar enters Oribos while looking like a snack.
    Dunno. Looks pretty carcinogenic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Alternatively
    [IMG]
    Then you'd still have to explain why you use magic to prop up a piece of junk to a usable sword, instead of starting with a usable sword and using magic to make it better. Magic doesn't solve the problem.

Then you'd still have to explain why you use magic to prop up a piece of junk to a usable sword, instead of starting with a usable sword and using magic to make it better. Magic doesn't solve the problem.
    Why do we have zeppelins when mages can just make portals?

Why do we have guns when we have magic?

Why do our characters have to cook when we can just conjure food?

Why are all the cities land bound when we can clearly have floating mobile fortresses and literal spaceships?

Shit starts falling apart when you apply logic. It’s just the rule of cool

I really hope the pre-patch has some unique new stuff and not just stuff like Armageddon recolors that have been wasting away in the files for 10+ years.

But given the precedent set by Blizzard, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Why do we have zeppelins when mages can just make portals?

Why do we have guns when we have magic?

Why do our characters have to cook when we can just conjure food?

Why are all the cities land bound when we can clearly have floating mobile fortresses and literal spaceships?

Shit starts falling apart when you apply logic. It’s just the rule of cool
    I mean all those are poor points of comparison and can easily be logically explained.

the excuse of "it's magic" is as poor poor defense.

Khadgar is an asshole. He made us destroy our legendary weapons, yet still kept his.
    That's Bra'tac for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You mean Bolvar STRUTS into Oribos
    Serving overthrown jailor of the damned realness.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, is bolvar still a Death knight? meaning he still have Death knight powers, even without the helm?

i hope its a door to make some Death knight skin, to change frost to fire, like the green fire for warlocks

Can druids get the artifact shapeshift forms regardless of spec? If yes shouldn't all artifact appearances be turned class wide?

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    I mean all those are poor points of comparison and can easily be logically explained.

the excuse of "it's magic" is as poor poor defense.
    gunner_recall seems to think that everybody is a mage. Otherwise, the answer to those questions would be rather obvious.

Also, Dalaran. Which just so happens to be the city of mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I was thinking this lol. We also have assorted spellcrafters and the most powerful beings in the world in our ranks. Just assume everything is enchanted to be lightweight and razor sharp and you're good to go

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    So, is bolvar still a Death knight? meaning he still have Death knight powers, even without the helm?

i hope its a door to make some Death knight skin, to change frost to fire, like the green fire for warlocks
    Idk dude, i doubt death knights would want to get cooked alive (dead) by red dragons.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-07-02 at 06:03 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    The Overlord plate set is another candidate. It's beautiful in it's simple functional design.
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/tran...verlords-plate
    It would look gorgeous indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dunno. Looks pretty carcinogenic to me.
    He's like that overly burned part of pizza dough that I know will kill me in 30 years but can't help eating anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    I was thinking this lol. We also have assorted spellcrafters and the most powerful beings in the world in our ranks. Just assume everything is enchanted to be lightweight and razor sharp and you're good to go
    You mean "wasn't thinking about". The problem isn't just the weight, it's the fucked up balance. And enchanting a club to be razor sharp is pointless.

You mean "wasn't thinking about". The problem isn't just the weight, it's the fucked up balance. And enchanting a club to be razor sharp is pointless.
    I've never seen somebody so upset over real-time physics on weapons that float in place

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Male Tauren with a daisy in his mane is my mood.
    It's Ferdinand!

Formerly known as Arafal

gunner_recall seems to think that everybody is a mage. Otherwise, the answer to those questions would be rather obvious.

Also, Dalaran. Which just so happens to be the city of mages.
    Well, there's kind of a lot of fucking wizards running around the world.

Doesn't seem too hard for Anduin to go "hey, can y'all make my city float too? I'll give you lots of gold"

Or for whoever Warchief is that weak to look over at the blood elves using magic to keep their streets clean and say "you know, the Scourge have ziggurats and there's a lot of those lying around Undercity. Why don't we make some of those fly?"

But go ahead and keep being grumpy.