Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Reckful's Passing

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1278728822851076096

Nothing more to say

Mod Edit:

Warnings: Stay civil during discussion and do not derail with tangential or unrelated topics.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-07-06 at 12:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder what went down, 4h he asked her to marry him, via Twitter.

I assume she said no and he ended it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

one of the biggest legends of pvp with at times the highest rating... man such a legend back in the days... 2020 what a year..

Damn .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Why would you kill yourself because someone didn't want to marry you?

RIP. He seemed like a genuine guy, sad to see this happen to people like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I do wonder what went down, 4h he asked her to marry him, via Twitter.

I assume she said no and he ended it.
    on the reddit thread they suggesting bi-polar/manic episode between asking her and being rejected... who knows.

was never much into streamers or streaming culture. It's like celebrity pop culture, that I'm also not remotely interested in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Why would you kill yourself because someone didn't want to marry you?
    We don't know what was going on in his head. Was probably just the straw that broke the proverbial camels back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter is a fucking disease. Poor guy RIP but let this be a lesson. Do not under any circumstance ever ask someone to marry you unironically over twitter. Better yet just never make a twitter, ever.

RIP. Never really watched him, but from what clips I saw he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Twitter is a fucking disease. Poor guy RIP but let this be a lesson. Do not under any circumstance ever ask someone to marry you unironically over twitter. Better yet just never make a twitter, ever.
    Requiescat in pace.

Yeah I do genuinely feel sorry for the guy but being a public figure in gaming, and trying to pull this stunt over twitter, I mean what the hell did he think would happen?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

This is harsh. Hindsight is 20 / 20, but proposing to someone you haven't seen in 6 months publicly is a big warning sign.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2020-07-02 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rest in Peace. I used to watch his streams a lot back in 2012-2015 or so. I know he suffered a lot from manic episodes and depression, and he had several public breakdowns. I wish he had found the help he needed.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    RIP. He seemed like a genuine guy, sad to see this happen to people like him.
    https://livestreamfails.com/post/30207

15+ Year Old Account
    I never really watched Reckful but I know he's struggled with bipolar both publicly and privately for years, and having that in my family, I can only imagine how difficult it was for him as a public figure. I did watch his mental health streams with that doctor back when they happened, and he seemed like a genuinely nice person.

I know it's an empty gesture, but my condolences to his fans, friends, and family.

Hopefully this can be a wake up call for people regarding mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    *livestream fail vid*
    the guy suffered from mental issues, this vid just proves it. His actions towards others luckly reflect his kindness. Not this bs lsf clip where he was obv venting rage and who hasen't raged from playing a game?

*edit*

watch his youtube vid 'Reckful crying when told to kill himself BibleThump' to see the extent of how he was being treated online.
    Last edited by shaqar; 2020-07-02 at 06:47 PM.

He was Bipolar.

Being a public person whilst suffering from that shit? Yeah, no wonder you'll never start to feel better. Rest in Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by shaqar View Post
    the guy suffered from mental issues, this vid just proves it. His actions towards others luckly reflect his kindness. Not this bs lsf clip where he was obv venting rage and who hasen't raged from playing a game?

*edit*

watch his youtube vid 'Reckful crying when told to kill himself BibleThump' to see the extent of how he was being treated online.
    I/we know he was bipolar and had depression for a very long time. He had attempted suicide 1-2 times before this too. But not only this, he was using drugs and who knows what would have been if he wouldn't take those hard drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit man, I tuned in every so often I had nostalgia spike with WoW, pretty cool dude even though he was in a lot of drama over the years. Shit, that sucks
    -K

This is the girl's reaction: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sra64l This is a very public burden to put on someone's plate. I don't know much about her but hopefully she'll be able to cope.

He proposed to her via twitter a few hours before killing himself. He also turned on his stream and started playing vods.