Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    The intelligence is uncorroborated and there are still disagreements within our intelligence community regarding its veracity to this day.

That aside, don't you find it a bit ironic that this alleged bounty was the result of Trump killing so many Russians in Syria?
    Prove it. Cite it. Back up your statements or admit you're lying. You sealions crack me up.

The bounty story is solid - 100%. It's not our fault you don't even read the stories you agree with.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you actually believe that our troops, after 19 years in Afghanistan, weren't already taking an abundance of caution? You've made a false assumption to support a dishonest argument. Surely you can do better than this.
    The fucking irony of you saying this - I guess self reflection isn't a suit you even recognize.

I love that you're actively trying to change the narrative from a story so corroborated that NATO was briefed on it.

Do you actually believe that our troops, after 19 years in Afghanistan, weren't already taking an abundance of caution? You've made a false assumption to support a dishonest argument. Surely you can do better than this.
    Did I say that anywhere? No? Cool, glad we've got that covered.

But do you think that the commanders on the ground would have maybe wanted to know? Maybe they could have taken further steps beyond the existing precautions?

Anyway, it's long past time we've left Afghanistan...thankfully we now have a President that will end this senseless war.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ng-ncna1147426

I mean, it's not quite so simple as that, but sure I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He just wasn't verbally briefed on it because reportedly he's a sensitive little snowflake and goes into a HULK SMASH rage at the mention of Russia - https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/polit...sia/index.html
    Bolton said he briefed him in 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    @DocSavageFan, whoops - let us know when you get a new narrative. We'll keep posting facts and sources while you explore your *feels*.

Meanwhile, is there anything the fucking GOP won't handwave or ignore. Bounties on our troops, and Dipshit-in-Chief invites Putin over for tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Trump and his team lied about the brief even happening.

Should we believe the source that gives exact dates and times from multiple sources, and has it corroborated by NATO officials... or the guy who admits to not actually paying attention to the briefs he swears he never got?

Jesus, you Trumpsters have nothing.
    They have feelings and random fucking racist Youtubers telling them what to believe. What more proof could you ever need?

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Did I say that anywhere? No? Cool, glad we've got that covered.

But do you think that the commanders on the ground would have maybe wanted to know? Maybe they could have taken further steps beyond the existing precautions?
    Moot point....the commanders on the ground now know of this rumor. Now they are free to take 'extra precautions'...as if they weren't already. If you have any evidence that supports that additional precautions have been implemented as a direct result of this uncorroborated rumor, please provide. Otherwise, please admit that your speculation of additional precautions (beyond what has existed for years) is purely speculation on your part with zero basis in fact.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ng-ncna1147426

I mean, it's not quite so simple as that, but sure I guess.
    I find it refreshing that we can actually agree on something.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    @DocSavageFan, whoops - let us know when you get a new narrative. We'll keep posting facts and sources while you explore your *feels*.

Meanwhile, is there anything the fucking GOP won't handwave or ignore. Bounties on our troops, and Dipshit-in-Chief invites Putin over for tea.
    Don't forget to have his country reestablished into the the G7. Fuck the troops so you can please Putin, which party is super hardcore patriotic and love the troops?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Trump and his team lied about the brief even happening.

Should we believe the source that gives exact dates and times from multiple sources, and has it corroborated by NATO officials... or the guy who admits to not actually paying attention to the briefs he swears he never got?

Jesus, you Trumpsters have nothing.
    Interesting side note, if we replace "NATO officials" with ["insert current_topic"], I think we have a cut/paste answer from all Trumpsters.

Well done.

Agreed though - this is yet another example of a TRE45ONous event, entirely impeachable, that the GOP is handwaving away.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-07-02 at 06:40 PM.

Moot point....the commanders on the ground now know of this rumor.
    Because media reported on it. What about in the preceeding months? What about the reports that Trump was briefed on this as early as 2019? Did they not deserve to know until media "leaked" this "fake news"?

Now they are free to take 'extra precautions'...as if they weren't already.
    Glad that you care so much about the troops that they need to read media reports to find out about potential threats, and that you seem entirely unconcerned.

If you have any evidence that supports that additional precautions have been implemented as a direct result of this uncorroborated rumor, please provide. Otherwise, please admit that your speculation of additional precautions (beyond what has existed for years) is purely speculation on your part with zero basis in fact.
    How they respond would be entirely up to their chain of command. But I'm just here arguing that our soldiers on the ground should be aware of threats against them so that they can respond accordingly, if at all.

Meanwhile, you're here arguing that this is all fine and that I guess they shouldn't know about these threats unless the media reports on them or something.

Let me create an argument for you in return for the argument you created for me.

Why don't you care about US troops stationed in Afghanistan?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I only believe what Bolton says when I want to believe what he says. Everything else is horseshit. lol

Regardless, Bolton is a horrible human being and him getting kicked out of the Trump administration was a damn good thing for this country. And I'm really, really sorry nobody listened to him and his feelings got hurt...not.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

I only believe what Bolton says when I want to believe what he says. Everything else is horseshit. lol

Regardless, Bolton is a horrible human being and him getting kicked out of the Trump administration was a damn good thing for this country. And I'm really, really so sorry his feelings got hurt...not.
    If you read the article, Bolton didn't actually say that.

The Associated Press, citing officials with direct knowledge of the matter, also reported that the White House was aware of the matter much earlier, in early 2019. Then-national security advisor John Bolton told colleagues that he briefed Trump on the matter in March 2019, the AP added.
    Though I'll amusingly point out that literally everyone said Bolton was hot-garbage when Trump went to hire him, Trump hired him anyways and kept him on for years.

Why does your guy keep hiring such fucking awful people? Why so many liars? Why so many cheats? Why so many idiots?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I find it refreshing that we can actually agree on something.
    I love that you readily accept cites when they agree with your echo chamber, but insist that your *feels* tRump document and corroborated evidence when the cite doesn't agree with what you've been told to believe.

The best part - you will never understand the hypocrite you've become. But at least we can enjoy it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Glad that you care so much about the troops that they need to read media reports to find out about potential threats, and that you seem entirely unconcerned.
    So I don't care about our troops because they may not have been advised about this rumor? You got to be fucking kidding me. What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously, that's twisted as hell, what the fuck is wrong with you for saying such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I'm starting to think a lot of them want to go to war with Russia at this point... I'm guessing they've all largely never been.
    You keep bangin on about this despite the fact that literally nobody is supporting this.

- - - Updated - - -

So I don't care about our troops because they may not have been advised about this rumor?
    Rumor that made it into a PDB? And may have been a "rumor" he was personally briefed on in 2019?

Do you think the PDB is just a bunch of TMZ gossip or some shit?

What the fuck is wrong with you?
    Back at you.

Seriously, that's twisted as hell, what the fuck is wrong with you to say such a thing?
    Your casual dismissal of this, your rejection of the increasing preponderance of evidence that even Republican lawmakers are taking seriously and your "oh the troops were already being cautious lawl how can the be more cautious" makes it an easy conclusion to arrive at.

What other course of action is there? Sanctions... ha ha ha ha ha
    There are a wide range of non-military options. This isn't something to go to war over, this isn't something the Legislature would vote to go to war over. Diplomacy is a thing, and there are plenty of diplomatic penalties on the board.

The only one talking about going to war with Russia here is you.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Don't forget to have his country reestablished into the the G7. Fuck the troops so you can please Putin, which party is super hardcore patriotic and love the troops?
    The multiple Trumpkins on this thread alone are truly amazing for both ignoring the essential reality of the situation and trying to change the narrative, blowing off ridiculous amounts of corroboration from not only multiple media sources, but multiple countries, including NATO. But the Youtube guy totally nailed it....

So I don't care about our troops because they may not have been advised about this rumor? You got to be fucking kidding me. What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously, that's twisted as hell, what the fuck is wrong with you for saying such a thing?
    Rumor?

RUMORS DO NOT MAKE IT INTO THE PDB you must know not a fucking speck about how the pdb works.

the shit that ends up in PDB is very well vetted as to not waste any time and it comes down to the most important things.

more than that we have confirmation of a wire being sent do you know how many fucking people would have seen that wire? It's a lot of people...

Also we know that the USA warned our allies including the UK who confirms it, and we have found money moving from GRU to Taliban.

You do not care about fucking dead troops, you care about red daddy Trump, and that's it.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-07-02 at 06:57 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What other course of action is there? Sanctions... ha ha ha ha ha

Russia is far to large of economy for that to ever work. You all want to stay in the middle east bombing innocent people because that's the course of action that would need to be taken if these reports are true. Or do solders being paid to be assassinated not matter at all ?

Couldn't be something simple like Russia providing aid/weapons/ and training against an overwhelming military power. You know the EXACT SAME SHIT THE US DID NOT 40 YEARS AGO. When we help a nice upstanding young man named Osama Bin Laden! but we don't talk about that.
    But...nobody is supporting this. Are you seeing calls for war? Please (rofl) link if you are - I think at this point people are still digesting the enormity of the treasonous act Trump committed in ignoring this issue and then inviting Putin to the G7. War hasn't been mentioned at all...I mean, you do have that point right. War wouldn't really be possible, not just because Trump has no legitimacy domestically or internationally.

So why didn't Trump read the PDB that day?

Because he was busy with a playwright meeting over an anti-fbi play that ran 3x as long as it was scheduled, and so he could meet with two twitter shills

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...uary-27-347222

Feb. 27, 2020, dawned much like any other day of Donald Trump's presidency.

At the time, the novel coronavirus had only recently officially arrived on U.S. soil, but stocks were rattled by the worsening pandemic. A historic peace deal with the Taliban was still days away, the embers of impeachment were still lingering in the air and eight major candidates were still viable contenders for the Democratic presidential nomination.
    Morning Twitter activity

Trump, who had just returned home from India the day before, was active on Twitter until just after 1 a.m., reposting Republican lawmakers’ concerns about an upcoming vote to reauthorize domestic spying powers, accusing members of the Obama administration of spying on his 2016 campaign and promoting his rally planned for the next day in South Carolina.

Feb. 27 was a Thursday, and only two days later Secretary of State Mike Pompeo would put pen to paper on a historic peace agreement with the Taliban, setting up a conditional withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and (officials hoped) bringing to an end America’s longest war. On the same day, the Pentagon began to issue its first travel restrictions for Department of Defense personnel in the Middle East due to coronavirus concerns.

Bulking up coronavirus response

Late in the morning, the White House announced that Dr. Deborah Birx, a global health official leading the U.S. response against HIV/AIDS, would become the administration’s coronavirus response coordinator. The appointment came just a day after Pence was picked to lead the White House coronavirus task force over Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and after the White House had denied reports that it was looking to shake up the administration’s response team. And it came in the wake of a stark warning that week by Nancy Messonnier, a top official at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, that as the virus spread throughout the country, "disruption to everyday life might be severe."

Later in the day, Pence’s office announced it was adding Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Surgeon General Jerome Adams and Council of Economic Advisers Director Larry Kudlow to the coronavirus task force.

At a briefing that afternoon formalizing Pence's assumption of command, the vice president turned to Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, and said, “Let me conclude by saying our best estimate is that the threat to the American public, Dr. Fauci, remains low.”

“This virus has adapted extremely well to human species," Fauci cautioned. "This one has the capability of spreading readily from human to human." He noted that the mortality rate for Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, was higher than that of seasonal influenza. "We are dealing with a serious virus,” Fauci said.

Meeting with ‘FBI Lovebirds’ stars

At some point in the afternoon, the president met in the Oval Office with the stars and creators of “FBI Lovebirds: UnderCovers,” a “verbatim theater” production based on thousands of anti-Trump text messages recovered by the FBI last year from the cellphones of the former Trump-Russia investigators Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

According to a press release, Trump met with Dean Cain and Kristy Swanson, who play Stzrok and Page, along with playwright Phelim McAleer and producer Ann McElhinney to “discuss the importance of the play” ahead of a live performance at CPAC that was scheduled for 3:45 p.m.

Historically bad day for the Dow
    Meanwhile, stocks continued to plummet throughout the day, with the Dow falling 1,191 points in what was — at the time — its largest single-day point drop ever. The Dow finished the day in correction territory a day before the stock market would wrap up its worst week since the 2008 financial crisis.

Meeting with supporters
    Early that evening, Trump abruptly called reporters to the Cabinet Room, where he was meeting with nearly two dozen Black supporters including conservative commentator Candace Owens, Pastor Darrell Scott, actor Isaiah Washington, Alveda King and the popular conservative vloggers Diamond and Silk.

As each person went around the table and lavished praise on the president, Trump touted his administration’s work on criminal justice reform, including a wave of recent pardons and commutations, his signing of a bill securing federal funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities for the coming decade and the opportunity zone initiative included in the 2017 GOP tax bill.

He also talked about the coronavirus, offering a rosy prognostication that is far from what has played out in the months since.

Trump called the 15 confirmed cases at the time a “miracle,” touting the “incredible achievement” of the country in fending off the disease, which was crippling China and Italy, and complaining that he hadn’t received enough credit from the media for his administration’s handling of it.

America should return the favour and make sure those "little green men" get send back home to their Mothers.