Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    No we are all talking about war, because the Taliban and the US ARE AT WAR! The entire discussion has to deal with war.
    We’re not at war with Russia, unless that’s what you want.

Pretty weird that you’re a neo-con all of the sudden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because I'm the one calling for Sanctions and "non-military" action one of the largest governments in the world, and then expect no retaliation at all.
    But we've sanctioned Russia in the past. Why would they suddenly decide to retaliate?

Yes, because I'm the one calling for Sanctions and "non-military" action one of the largest governments in the world, and then expect no retaliation at all.

You all can press whatever "non-violent" action you want against Russia, you can't determine how they will respond.
    Considering we have repeatedly sanctioned Russia without war breaking out, I think we can safely say you're slinging some hot bullshit.

I'm starting to think a lot of them want to go to war with Russia at this point... I'm guessing they've all largely never been.
    It was after the whole reset button thing. The Dems wanted to buddy up with Putin then he embarrassed them. Ever since then the Dems propaganda machine changed to be anti russia or well anti Putin.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sudden? you said yourself we've sanctioned them before.

I also didn't say it would or wouldn't, I said you all can't determine how they would respond.
    I mean that, why would this be the trigger that causes them to declare war? We've both been tiptoeing around this by constantly engaging in proxy wars for decades, and even gave them a pass on Ukraine by just slapping them with some sanctions. Why would Russia finally bite the bullet in this case and declare war? What would they gain from that?

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    It was after the whole reset button thing. The Dems wanted to buddy up with Putin then he embarrassed them. Ever since then the Dems propaganda machine changed to be anti russia or well anti Putin.
    And they also became increasingly pro china, and their media and base reflects that.

Well easy to say that from the comfort of your desk sipping your latte, and you have absolutely no skin in the game. You can' safely say WTF you want. I'll go with the experts.

https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/
    It's even easier for you to sip your koolaid having about as much skin in the game as the person you're criticising.

The doomsday clock has largely been a giant fee fees thing since it's inception. And the most recent update does nothing to cite how this particular incident will spark a war and is more about the general state of the world which while not great really has fuck all to do with your rambling.

You'll find a vaguely tangential article you think supports your claims and declare yourself the Victor. For some reason.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would they gain from contracting bounties on US Solders outside just funding, arming and training Taliban?
    Is this rhetorical? It's in their interest to get America's focus divided and keep us entrenched in the middle east. It's exactly the same shit we did when they were in Afghanistan. What is the alternative explanation you are proposing? That the CIA made it up? What would they gain from the US staying in Afghanistan?

More revisionist history by morons. It's like watching drunk history from someone who drank a normally lethal amount of alcohol except you're not actually drunk..
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    And they also became increasingly pro china, and their media and base reflects that.
    My opinion is that purely economic interest. So much investment form both parties goes into china. Personally i find it stupid that the world thinks its a good thing to help boost china's economy with the things their current leadership find ok, but this can be said of the US too, so meh.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I've actually been to war and you dismissing the doomsday clock is "fake news" level of bonkers.

I'm not looking for victory, I do enjoy being chastised for daring to be skeptical about intelligence coming from officials we don't know and from a branch that has history of lying to get us into war.
    If you looked at the reasoning on your source,a great deal of it was due to actions from Trump himself... like exiting treaties.

So Democrats infiltrated and control the intelligence community?

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Why? Because they refuse to call the coronavirus the "kung flu"? This is some "FAKE NEWS" horse shit and the only way to believe this is to live in a right wing alternate reality echo chamber.

Trump exiting the treaties was a mistake and one I would hope the next president will fix, but Trump trying to reach a peace deal with the Taliban is a good thing. Do I have any faith he'd be able to pull it off, not really, but all this magically comes out just as the talks were about to get started.

So what do we do with the information? Withold peacetalks? Ignore US troops deaths are being contracted out ?

Again, I'm not even out right denying the claim. I am being skeptical, because the intelligence agency has proven they shouldn't be trusted at their word. Let alone their anonymous word.
    You are the one who invoked the doomsday timer, don't blame me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually been to war and you dismissing the doomsday clock is "fake news" level of bonkers.
    Well to be fair the Doomsday Clock has been moved lately because of polar caps thwarting and Swedish girl ranting so I wouldn't give it too much credit.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/02...ook-no-action/

New conservative angle: It's Schiff's fault.

I'm far less confident in The Federalist's sources than I am most other outlets, and I'm not sure what Schiff could have done about it, if anything, even if his staff was briefed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So Democrats infiltrated and control the intelligence community?
    no idea honestly what side it leans these days. did the republicans infiltrate it when the intelligence agencies supported WDMs in iraq? Or was it more that the political ideology that holds social sway pushed the narrative that there was...ima lean towards the latter.

Because people seem to think sanctions and "non-military" can't result in military action being taken.
    Nobody has said it "can't", that's you moving the goalposts. We're rejecting your assertion that it necessarily leads to a military response, because as recent history clearly indicates it rarely does.

Because people seem to think sanctions and "non-military" can't result in military action being taken.
    I didn't say that at all. I simply pointed out that your source cites Trump's actions as a major problem.

Meanwhile, the IC briefed Trump, and he ignored it. We know they also briefed others, so they clearly thought it was viable, and it does not appear to be political... because they briefed Trump.

no idea honestly what side it leans these days. did the republicans infiltrate it when the intelligence agencies supported WDMs in iraq? Or was it more that the political ideology that holds social sway pushed the narrative that there was...ima lean towards the latter.
    Nope, they didn't. Intelligence community fucked up, it happens (though that's not an excuse for it).

If they've fucked up here, that's great news overall (not that they fucked up, but that US troops weren't in added danger and that Trump's failure to react didn't matter).

As for your "political ideology holding social sway" nonsense, that's unmitigated, unsupported, baldface bullshit.

I implied that it could and that you can't determine how Russia would respond.
    It could, but it also couldn't, and usually doesn't.

But again, this is only if the information is confirmed. If it's "FAKE NEWS", then nothing happens on that front and we can all breathe a sigh of relief.