Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Reckful Passes Away

Reckful Passes Away
    If you've been playing World of Warcraft for a while, you probably remember Reckful. He was one of the earlier WoW streamers and had many seasons of finishing at Rank 1 and was the first to reach a 3000 rating. He also created PvP videos, with Reckful 3 being one of the most popular.

In-Game Memorial
    The community is gathering in Stormwind and Orgrimmar to remember and celebrate Byron. His brother has asked for stories about Reckful. Tekowsen shared a screenshot from Argent Dawn EU on Reddit.

Last edited by chaud; 2020-07-02 at 08:52 PM.

Rest in peace byron, you will not be forgotten
    Last edited by Taqaroph; 2020-07-04 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm typing this on a Noppoo Choc Mini. I bought it because it was what Reckful was using when he started streaming and I really liked it. I hope Everland gets finished, even if the community has to fund it. It was Byron's gift to his community so they wouldn't have to feel alone like he did when he quit Asheron's Call. I'm really gonna miss him.

Maaaan, thank sucks sooo much.
    One of the most iconic people in WoW community.
    RIP Byron

He was a trailblazer in both World of Warcraft, and early day live-streaming.

He will be sorely missed by many, and I hope he’s found peace now. RIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sad and unexpected.

RIP man, such sad news.

This is really sad. I used to watch him all the time. I loved the streams of him and Soda in japan too. To be honest though, it was basically a question of "when" that this happened. He has been very depressed for a long time and very self conscious of everything. I thought he was starting to get better while developing his own game and everything, but I guess he was still struggling a lot. Very sad.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's really painful to try to think what a person felt before they decided to take their own life. What they thought, what they felt, will never be able to understand. I can only feel sorrow.

Awareness about mental illness must be spread, people should not be so hateful on the internet. We can never know how anyone copes and how one single negative (or positive) remark can affect one's day.

Rest in Peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a sad time we live in. RIP Reckful. I'll always remember watching your videos back in the early '10s and your streams in MoP.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Unfortunately it wasn't that unexpected. What's even more sad is that one of his brothers committed suicide too.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2020-07-02 at 09:13 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    not really unexepcted for people that had been following him for the last couple of years. RIP

10+ Year Old Account
    great player, great streamer, not so great guy. F

I'm sad. I felt like i knew him even though I never met him.

Typeracer has lost one of its greatest! RIP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    great player, great streamer, not so great guy. F
    Don't think that Byron was ever involved in anything shady, he was a solid guy who did a lot on his own to get streaming where it is today.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wanna be that guy but I am.

I worry that something is or was about to come to light. Especially in this time where Twitch Streamers are being shut down and/or going dark after ALLEGATIONS of various misconducts. I really hope its nothing like that, but there's still that part of me that thinks "what if?"

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I don't wanna be that guy but I am.

I worry that something is or was about to come to light. Especially in this time where Twitch Streamers are being shut down and/or going dark after ALLEGATIONS of various misconducts. I really hope its nothing like that, but there's still that part of me that thinks "what if?"
    It's nothing like that at all.

If you must know, he's suffered from bipolar depression for a long time. He was having a manic episode and proposed to EX-GF on Twitter. A bunch of people responded with Toxicity. His Twitch chat encouraged him to kill himself because the Twitter proposal was "cringe".

Becca hadn't even seen the proposal yet at the time when he passed away.

Was it a bad idea to propose to your ex in front of a huge number of Twitter and Twitch followers? Yes. But people with manic depression aren't thinking rationally, they aren't in control of their actions.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I haven't watched much of Reckful but he seemed like a genuine guy. I didn't expect that the guy would have this much of an impact to the WoW community, but its good to see people remembering him by videos and streams.