Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nope, they didn't. Intelligence community fucked up, it happens (though that's not an excuse for it).

If they've fucked up here, that's great news overall (not that they fucked up, but that US troops weren't in added danger and that Trump's failure to react didn't matter).

As for your "political ideology holding social sway" nonsense, that's unmitigated, unsupported, baldface bullshit.
    I agree with the unbolded, the bolded however, i strongly disagree.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Nope, they didn't. Intelligence community fucked up, it happens (though that's not an excuse for it).

If they've fucked up here, that's great news overall (not that they fucked up, but that US troops weren't in added danger and that Trump's failure to react didn't matter).

As for your "political ideology holding social sway" nonsense, that's unmitigated, unsupported, baldface bullshit.
    The biggest issue with the intelligence community in the early 2000's was not necessarily the intel itself, but the spineless people giving the briefs. The administration wanted war, and they were willing to twist the intelligence to make it justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I agree with the unbolded, the bolded however, i strongly disagree.
    Cool, start backing it up with evidence then.

Cool, start backing it up with evidence then.
    you want...proof...of propaganda working too sway social opinion? Pick up a history book.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post

Speaking of Rhetorical. The CIA has a pattern of lying and performing actions that have destabilized nations and gotten the US into war. Should I name a few? Vietnam, Guatemala, Haiti, Bolivia, Iran, Chile, Venezuela, can't for get Panama. What did the CIA gain from undermining sovereign nations around the world?
    Yes, I'm well aware. Killing Hope is a good read. In these cases though, they were covert operations that only few people in the government even knew about, usually for corporate interests. Why would the CIA be lying and trying to trick Trump in this case?

3+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Why? Because they refuse to call the coronavirus the "kung flu"? This is some "FAKE NEWS" horse shit and the only way to believe this is to live in a right wing alternate reality echo chamber.

Their lack of support for Hong Kong as well as their lack of holding China responsible for the Virus for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Their lack of support for Hong Kong as well as their lack of holding China responsible for the Virus for starters.
    What lack of support for Hong Kong? Do news organizations need to be political activists now? Wouldn't you complain if they became more activist? They've reported heavily on the Hong Kong protests since they began, including on the many ways in which the CCP has cracked down on them, and the ongoing violent crackdown happening now.

And why should they hold anyone responsible for anything? They report the news, and the information to-date continues to indicate that this virus was not intentionally released or weaponized. They've also heavily reported on the aggressive CCCP censorship and disappearing of whistleblowers early on, they've reported heavily on the CCP withholding information early on.

I mean, what the fuck do you base literally any of this off?

What lack of support for Hong Kong? Do news organizations need to be political activists now? Wouldn't you complain if they became more activist? They've reported heavily on the Hong Kong protests since they began, including on the many ways in which the CCP has cracked down on them, and the ongoing violent crackdown happening now.

And why should they hold anyone responsible for anything? They report the news, and the information to-date continues to indicate that this virus was not intentionally released or weaponized. They've also heavily reported on the aggressive CCCP censorship and disappearing of whistleblowers early on, they've reported heavily on the CCP withholding information early on.

His feelings aka the Trumpster's version of truth and facts

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m sorry, who is responsible for it being a hoax, when China was reporting it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    His feelings aka the Trumpster's version of truth and facts
    I like how it’s both, China’s fault and a hoax by democrats. China didn’t force Trump to claim it will go away with heat, was just the flu or what ever flavor of the month Trump was using to ignore the issue. If China reported it at the start of January, would Trump have stopped his rallies before March?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    What other course of action is there? Sanctions... ha ha ha ha ha

Russia is far to large of economy for that to ever work. You all want to stay in the middle east bombing innocent people because that's the course of action that would need to be taken if these reports are true. Or do solders being paid to be assassinated not matter at all ?

Couldn't be something simple like Russia providing aid/weapons/ and training against an overwhelming military power. You know the EXACT SAME SHIT THE US DID NOT 40 YEARS AGO. When we help a nice upstanding young man named Osama Bin Laden! but we don't talk about that.
    Order Intel/AMD to cut them off, order Microsoft to do it, Oracle, etc. That is just the start, there are more things that can be done. Oh, do this - give shit to Taiwan to pressure TSMC to cut off waffers for Elbrus CPU's. There goes literally the only option Russia has for making their CPU's. New fab, locally? Decade minimum, likely much more.
    It may be surprise to you but there are spheres Russia has no local replacements. No, not even China will be able to help them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

3+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality

I was talking about BOTH democrats and the news organizations.
    Also, you really think that news organizations are not political activists by now? Really ?!

I was talking about BOTH democrats and the news organizations.
    You're gonna have to fill in the blanks on this one for me, because short of the Democrats not supporting the conspiracy theory that the coronavirus was intentionally created and weaponized by China, I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about.

Also, you really think that news organizations are not political activists by now? Really ?!
    No, because I live in reality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is this news really?

We've known for years foreign powers have pouring money into the Taliban to keep it afloat against the United States because it servers their purpose to have Americans die in a stupid pointless war that has no ending: Because withdrawing isn't supported by the political class but nor is pouring in the vast amount of resources needed to win.

I'd be more impressed if this was more then a shallow and pathetic attempt at attacking Trump through another episode of the Russia hysteria. Who knows maybe one day Americans will actually give a damn about the stupid shit they've been doing for two decades outside of their borders.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Is this news really?

We've known for years foreign powers have pouring money into the Taliban to keep it afloat against the United States because it servers their purpose to have Americans die in a stupid pointless war that has no ending: Because withdrawing isn't supported by the political class but nor is pouring in the vast amount of resources needed to win.

I'd be more impressed if this was more then a shallow and pathetic attempt at attacking Trump through another episode of the Russia hysteria. Who knows maybe one day Americans will actually give a damn about the stupid shit they've been doing for two decades outside of their borders.
    Yes, yes it is news.

We have our intelligence agencies reporting TO THE FUCKING PRESIDENT that a hostile foreign nation was putting bounties out on our troops, and he ignored it.

Now, we know you die-hard Trumpsters will defend him at all costs, but to think this isn't newsworthy, is utterly stupid.

Damn, and how many US troops have lost their lives as a result of this?

There are a wide range of non-military options. This isn't something to go to war over, this isn't something the Legislature would vote to go to war over. Diplomacy is a thing, and there are plenty of diplomatic penalties on the board.
    This will not stop GRU from posting bounties just like sanctioning them over election interference will not stop them from hacking and stealing documents and then using them to their ends or how expelling diplomats over Skripal affair did not stop them from conducting assassinations across the world.

You will feel good for a day and then troops will keep dying.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2020-07-03 at 01:42 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, yes it is news.

We have our intelligence agencies reporting TO THE FUCKING PRESIDENT that a hostile foreign nation was putting bounties out on our troops, and he ignored it..
    Which has been going on for almost two decades and has been widely known in political and national security circles in numerous countries, because might I remind you that America isn't the only one that has troops on the ground in Afghanistan?

Now, we know you die-hard Trumpsters will defend him at all costs, but to think this isn't newsworthy, is utterly stupid.
    Acting as if you give a damn instead of just being the latest hot story to attack Trump. If people like you actually cared you wouldn't have allowed your troops, and the troops of many of your allies, to die in a pointless stupid war financed by hostile foreign powers for two decades.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-07-03 at 01:54 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    So, in apparent desperation, I've seen some Trump supporters trying to blame Adam Schiff for this, claiming that he is the one who actually knew about this in February and did nothing. Never mind the fact that Schiff isn't the Commander in Chief of the US military, Trump is, does anyone have any idea where the Trump cult is getting this talking point from?

Second, I thought they were declaring this was fake news/"A new Russher hoax to hurt Trump". If it's a hoax, why have members of Congress been getting briefed on it?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    does anyone have any idea where the Trump cult is getting this talking point from?
    Adam Schiff is part of the gang of eight: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_o...(intelligence)

The gist of it: He, Nunes, Pelosi, McCarthy, Rubio, Warner, Schumer and McConnell are a privileged group that should know this stuff.

Because in theory the members of the gang of eight should be just as informed as Trump and Pence are about highly sensitive intelligence matters, like this. In practice....well if there's any highly sensitive matter like this and Congress wants to pretend they didn't know they are either lying or the executive branch didn't bother to tell them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Adam Schiff is part of the gang of eight: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_o...(intelligence)

The gist of it: He, Nunes, Pelosi, McCarthy, Rubio, Warner, Schumer and McConnell are a privileged group that should know this stuff.

Because in theory the members of the gang of eight should be just as informed as Trump and Pence are about highly sensitive intelligence matters, like this. In practice....well if there's any highly sensitive matter like this and Congress wants to pretend they didn't know they are either lying or the executive branch didn't bother to tell them.
    The obvious rebuttal is: What authority does Adam Schiff have over the military? He's a Congressman while Trump is supposed to be the Commander in Chief of the US military and the one charged with taking care of our soldiers. Trump is supposed to be the one our generals and intelligence agencies report to and get orders from.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers