Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I don't wanna be that guy but I am.

I worry that something is or was about to come to light. Especially in this time where Twitch Streamers are being shut down and/or going dark after ALLEGATIONS of various misconducts. I really hope its nothing like that, but there's still that part of me that thinks "what if?"
    No.

He was fed up with the world. I know it's crazy in 2020 that people can kill themself because they're victim of toxicity or shit like that, but sadly it's never been more real than it is right now.

I won't say I was a fan, but I respected the guy for the human he was and all the shit he lived. I just hope he'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    It's nothing like that at all.

If you must know, he's suffered from bipolar depression for a long time. He was having a manic episode and proposed to EX-GF on Twitter. A bunch of people responded with Toxicity. His Twitch chat encouraged him to kill himself because the Twitter proposal was "cringe".

Becca hadn't even seen the proposal yet at the time when he passed away.

Was it a bad idea to propose to your ex in front of a huge number of Twitter and Twitch followers? Yes. But people with manic depression aren't thinking rationally, they aren't in control of their actions.
    I didn't see toxicity, I saw mostly people trying to steer him to deleting that and dealing with it in private. It was a really dumb thing, people in manic episodes do dumb things. I don't blame anyone for anything.

I guess Blizz will have to postpone their livestream again.

should have been in a pvp zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    GUTTED when I read this on twitter.. his early morning posts had a LOT of bad replies.. people basically just sat back and laughed at him 75-85%, then POW he commits suicide. I'm not saying that those people shouldn't of known, I'm saying this just hurts for the wow community, and the community that actually did care for the guy..

It's a bad day for us

- - - Updated - - -

I guess my Autographed Hearthstone Card will skyrocket in value now.
    man yikes, come onnnnnnn

I worry that something is or was about to come to light. Especially in this time where Twitch Streamers are being shut down and/or going dark after ALLEGATIONS of various misconducts. I really hope its nothing like that, but there's still that part of me that thinks "what if?"
    I think Reckful was the last person who would do anything like this.

He was just really ill, his brother commited suicide few years back and he never really dealt with it (who would, really?) and i guess combination of everything that was going on in his life led to this conclusion.

I watched him for a long time, and yes, everyone does dumb stuff, but thats a huge leap from doing "dumb stuff" to being a sexual predator or whatever

Also, I really hope they will create his NPC in Shadowlands.. what a symbolic gesture would that be

15+ Year Old Account
    I never watched much of his content but he seemed like a genuine and sensitive person, and I hope his public struggles with bipolar disorder will help some people. I know his streams with Dr. K had a lot of views.

The tributes in Stormwind Cathedral and Valley of Strength today have been touching, and remind me that despite the toxicity, there are a ton of kind and thoughtful people in the community too.

Do his parents live? I liked Reckful and I'm deeply saddened but what happened but thinking of his parents losing both children to suicide fucking breaks my heart to the point of tear for people I don't even know.
    We humans have to stick together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Don't think that Byron was ever involved in anything shady, he was a solid guy who did a lot on his own to get streaming where it is today.
    i was thinking of cheating on his girlfriend(s), drug abuse, and this https://streamable.com/dxytm

this is just what viewers see though. he had a lot of friends, at least online friends, so he must've not been terrible.

Been playing this game ten years now and never heard of him.

Rip. We'll see you in the Shadowlands

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuu View Post
    Also, I really hope they will create his NPC in Shadowlands.. what a symbolic gesture would that be
    He actually has a tribute NPC in Kul Tiras, Byron Burnside.

It always sucks when people commit suicide, But I just can't find myself getting emotional over someone who's said things like

"I don't care that you exist, I'll kill your entire family, Get the fuck out of my fucking face, I will hire 10 people to kill your entire family" etc

Either way his family and friends are going to be going through a lot of shit now, Really fucking sucks.

Not heard of him, but I'm sure some of my arena mates have. In any way, it's sad to see someone pass away. May he rest in peace.

And always great to see people remembering WoW players like they do in the video here.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I didn't see toxicity, I saw mostly people trying to steer him to deleting that and dealing with it in private. It was a really dumb thing, people in manic episodes do dumb things. I don't blame anyone for anything.
    The thing about being manic is that it doesn't have to necessarily be toxic. There are toxic comments in there but even feeling as though his community made a mockery of what could have been the last good thought he may have been holding on to may have honestly been the last straw in a long line of last straws which finally got us to this point.

It's not like this has been a recent issue either so for his community to make him feel worse rather than supporting him during what I am sure was a manic episode is just awful.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2020-07-02 at 09:54 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    i was thinking of cheating on his girlfriend(s), drug abuse, and this https://streamable.com/dxytm

this is just what viewers see though. he had a lot of friends, at least online friends, so he must've not been terrible.
    Lots of people do drugs, and he struggled with depression for his whole life. Cheating's not a great look, sure, but his private life is his own business as long as it's between consenting adults.

Your random clip with no context doesn't really show anything at all, especially considering his history of manic depressive episodes. You have to understand that the things that people say in those episodes aren't indicative of their personality or personal morals/ethics at all - it's more like a Tourette's tick.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    The thing about being manic is that it doesn't have to necessarily be toxic. There are toxic comments in there but even feeling as though his community made a mockery of what could have been the last good thought he may have been holding on to may have honestly been the last straw in a long line of last straws which finally got us to this point.

It's not like this has been a recent issue either so for his community to make him feel worse rather than supporting him is just awful.
    You get the community you create. There are streamers with genuinely wholesome communities, and then there are the Asmongolds of streamers. Let's just say that as far as community went, he was closer to Asmongold.

He tried to commit suicide 2? times prior in his life. His brother commit suicide and he talked with his mother about a shared suicide at some point.

No, this was 'just' someone in need of mental healthcare that didn't get the help he needed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    He actually has a tribute NPC in Kul Tiras, Byron Burnside.
    Yea i know that, but since Shadowlands are the place where all deceased souls go, it would be really symbolic if they added him there.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt really knew him because i started to play wow when WoTLK launched, but i always watched youtube videos and saw some of reckful arena plays back in the day, Watched his streams now and then, was fun when pokemon go launched and he was walking with friends.

Anyway R.I.P and hope wow devs dedicate something about him, like a NPC .

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's begin counting, how long before we see twitter post titled "My experience with Reckful!"
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.