Thread: Dress your age?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I've noticed that once people reach a certain age, they stop dressing "alternative" or non-mainstream. They've "grown up." Is it ok for a 40+ year old to dress like a rock star? Or is it embarrassing?
    If it looks good on you why not! That is nowhere near as asking is it ok for morbidly obese women to wear short skirt and tank tops or bikini....

I think people can dress however they want. I love people who dare to be originals, especially the older ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    If it looks good on you why not! That is nowhere near as asking is it ok for morbidly obese women to wear short skirt and tank tops or bikini....
    Well, in countries where people enjoy personal freedoms, it is.

I'll choose to look away when some slob of a man comes walking in speedos or a Mama June-wannabe can't be arsed (haha) to fix her double-sided camel-toe, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Well, in countries where people enjoy personal freedoms, it is.

I'll choose to look away when some slob of a man comes walking in speedos or a Mama June-wannabe can't be arsed (haha) to fix her double-sided camel-toe, but still.
    And i agree with that, but the point is why are such scenes allowed but women in topless are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I don't particularly care about "styles" or "fashions". All useless in my eyes. I wear what pleases my eyes. Not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I think people can dress however they want. I love people who dare to be originals, especially the older ones.
    This. I know a woman who wears same shoes, but in different colors; one is red and the other is green, If I remember correctly. Some good and honest craziness. I very much appreciate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I still wear zip-up hoodies and fleece pants at 30+ age... /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti
    I know a woman who wears same shoes, but in different colors; one is red and the other is green, If I remember correctly.
    Hopefully it is a fashion choice. I've heard stories of it being done where a person needs to keep track of left and right but cannot. Similar to the hay foot, straw foot routine.

Edit:

For reference: https://www.irishamericanmom.com/hay-foot-straw-foot/
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2020-07-03 at 02:40 AM.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Hopefully it is a fashion choice. I've heard stories of it being done where a person needs to keep track of left and right but cannot. Similar to the hay foot, straw foot routine.

Edit:

For reference: https://www.irishamericanmom.com/hay-foot-straw-foot/
    Oh no, It's very much a deliberate choice, I assure you. I was there when she was buying the shoes. She purposefully bought 2 pairs of shoes (couldn't just buy 2 shoes, one from each set), so she could mix them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?