Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    As someone with anxiety and as someone who has dealt with severe depression in the past, some of the takes on here are shitty and just disgusting.

someone died and you are all riding your high horses like you are all high and mighty. Read and book and learn about mental illnessness before you judge others on how to act as if you know or care...

anyway...

Well he already has two tributes to him in game one added recently with BfA.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Byron_Burnside

and

This is a complete different situation. They should honor him ingame for his legacy

Well, I hope his chat is satisfied. They egged him on to do it over and over again literally every time I was in there. His first stream at his new apartment, he was showing off the view, and the chat was nothing but "You should jump off ".
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Well, I hope his chat is satisfied. They egged him on to do it over and over again literally every time I was in there. His first stream at his new apartment, he was showing off the view, and the chat was nothing but "You should jump off ".
    Should get either a perma ban from Twitch or a very long ban, that stuff is inexcusable. :/
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Been playing this game ten years now and never heard of him.
    Been playing since Vanilla beta, never heard of him either

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    This is a complete different situation. They should honor him ingame for his legacy
    How about Reckful Gladiator titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    I still cant believe how toxic these forums are. The mods are a joke & the owner needs to do better about controlling the hate on here.

RIP Reckful
    No, thank you. If you want over moderated comment section go to Wowhead where you can't comment anything that the mods dislike. Freedom of speech is important even if you do not agree with said opinions.

RIP Reckful, he will always be rank 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Unless all what you've been doing is questing solo with chat disabled or something and never reading forums or youtube wow videos, it's literally impossible to never have heard of him. I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    And that's exactly the opposite of what a sane person would do.

offtopic, people are too dependent on others imo.

also , its probs not appropriate to speculate or fantasize at this point.
    There's a big stigma behind mental illness, and why so many don't take it seriously is because of people like this. Just because you can be independant and edgy doesn't mean everyone else is aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    [x] doubt

/10characters

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Unless all what you've been doing is questing solo with chat disabled or something and never reading forums or youtube wow videos, it's literally impossible to never have heard of him. I'm sorry.
    I've been playing since the launch of TBC and I had no idea who he was, either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then call me impossible. I had never heard of him and I am on forums constantly. I rarely watch videos though.

And RIP, mental illness is a really tough thing to deal with.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i think most of the stigma comes from that fact that 95% of mental illness is self-diagnosed attention-seeking bullshit. Believe it or not most people dont actually have a mental illness, theyre just pathetic pieces of shit
    Damn, and I thought the stigma came from people who belittled others for actually speaking out about their mental health issues and seeking help only to get called "attention-seeking" and "pathetic pieces of shit". You really blew my mind with this enlightened take.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    There's a big stigma behind mental illness, and why so many don't take it seriously is because of people like this. Just because you can be independant and edgy doesn't mean everyone else is aswell.
    Thats called growing up and using your head really. You really need to be unhealthy to internalize some stupid fuck on the internet. There needs to be a reason to feel a victim, you know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheeva View Post
    No, thank you. If you want over moderated comment section go to Wowhead where you can't comment anything that the mods dislike. Freedom of speech is important even if you do not agree with said opinions.

RIP Reckful, he will always be rank 1.
    This is not a government run forum, and therefore “freedom of speech” is limited to what the owners decree. That said, I’d rather post in a place where opinions aren’t shuttered, but some of the things said here are just shitty, and said posters should be ashamed. It reflects very poorly on them and the people they got their values from.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Did Blizzard make the Stormwind Cathedral a sanctuary so horde can pay their respects there? Seemed to be the case when I was there- nice move if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    It's called freedom of speech.l
    Shit take, freedom of speech or not, they are still toxic assholes and it is a free choice of the moderator to silence those fuckers from their platform.

5+ Year Old Account
    I remember Ming, Laintime, Pat, Maydie, n a bunch of others from warcraftmovies.com, apparently this guy is some arena streamer which explains a lot, since to me that is boring af with people running around corners...I have a very low opinion of arena, and I'm so-so with battlegrounds that moved pvp away from world into instances, and arenas is just the last straw narrowing down pvp into a small room.. "our servers can't handle the load, so here's this tiny room u can play around in" no thx...

What I love about BFA is how warmode, kill 25/10 people, supply drop, warchest, bounty, invasions, brought back world pvp which is one of the big reasons I even bought Vanilla in the first place. Arenas makes me cringe hard..and anyone who would excel at arenas would be of no interest/value to me. I remember when they first buffed resto dr00ds n the just run around corners n casting hots...yeah, hard pass on that room.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-07-03 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    reckful knew his own fans,he made them in part with his asmongold-like attitude,he wasnt some wholesome streamer like kripp or hobbs,he knew he had issues he knew it could affect him,at the end of the day he should have never kept exposing himself to these risks,and to be honest....

do we even know for a fact it was suicide?his new aparment looked extremly unsafe,and falling deaths are insanely huge in usa,its the second leading household accidental death cause,like 30% of cases are just falls,meanwile suicides by jumping off are crazy low,i couldnt even find stats everything under 2k is ''other'',meanwile we have like 170k accidental deaths in usa alone per year,a main one being....falling

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik View Post
    Shit take, freedom of speech or not, they are still toxic assholes and it is a free choice of the moderator to silence those fuckers from their platform.
    Little bit of Column A, little bit of Column B. These are private forums and the moderators are free to do whatever they want. Moderation on this forum is relatively lax though I've been seeing a slight uptick in the number of infractions going out recently. Regardless, now is not the time to be shitting on the name of a dude who just passed. I wouldn't consider myself a Reckful "fan" per se but I remember his first League streams pretty fondly and I liked the persona he presented on stream. The guy clearly had some demons, however, and it sucks to see that he gave into them. I wish his family the best as it can't be easy losing two children in such a short timeframe. I hope this helps bring to light the tragic consequences of untreated (or improperly treated) mental illness, especially in gaming. RIP dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i think most of the stigma comes from that fact that 95% of mental illness is self-diagnosed attention-seeking bullshit. Believe it or not most people dont actually have a mental illness, theyre just pathetic pieces of shit
    This is the classic clueless boomer reply when the topic is mental illness. Doesn't matter if someone is extremely depressed or if they think they are, if they use the word depression to describe how they are feeling something is not right and help should be given. Is life easier for young people nowadays? Yes, mostly! Is it less stressful? Hell no! The amount of pressure put on young people in today's society is something colossal.