Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    The trilogy outline JJ Abrams set up for the films.
    JJ had a trilogy outline? I don't think he put even that much thought into it.

I'll give him credit for creating Kylo Ren. This is a story about an angry young man. He kills his four dads, meets a girl and then dies.

Its pretty metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Bascially Steven Spielberg liked working with her so shes attached to a bunch of great films.

One of which i wouldnt include hook. That movie is terrible. Robin Williams being a mopey drag for 2 hours so he can be "like a boy" for the final third.

Spielberg himself said he didnt like that film.

Anyway its the first time I've ever seen a producer be the target for the success or failure of a film. No one brings up the prequels producers which those films are divisive among the "fans"
    She's not just a producer, she is President of Disney Starwars, or however you would word it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    JJ had a trilogy outline? I don't think he put even that much thought into it.

I'll give him credit for creating Kylo Ren. This is a story about an angry young man. He kills his four dads, meets a girl and then dies.

Its pretty metal.
    I'd probably enjoy a Kylo Ren and his knights of Ren support act as a tribute band over what we got. Forget about the dead returning off screen and fleets of star destroyers.

Give me a star wars metal band in the vein of slipknot. He already has the helmet for it.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinSum View Post
    No. The real problem are the people who get upset if you don't like a movie and scream words like bigot over it.
    This is pretty false when it comes to fans and there reactions people who rage and hate on the movies are a way bigger problem As they are the same people who drove both anakin actors out of acting jar jar’s actor to contemplating suicide and Lucas out of Starwars. There is no comparison between some random people
    On twitter calling some one a bigot and hateful people actively hurting the people who made the movie with said hate which we saw continue in the new trilogy with roses actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's a dumb rumor.

There's no way any attempt to "re-do" any of episodes 1-9 will ever be met with applause. Just not ever gonna happen. Plus, reworking anything in Eps 1-3 hoses the Clone Wars series, and that's actually decent once you get past the first couple seasons (just finished it last week, stupid late I know, the first two seasons were not good, but seasons 3-7 are mostly pretty damned amazing. Haven't started Rebels yet, it's up next.)

Eps 7-9 just underscore why it's a really bad idea to have two writers and directors doing competing versions from film to film, taking only the barest of hints from each other beyond cast and characters. Honestly, if Rian Johnson had the series for all three films, it probably would've been amazing. It's Abrams' films that are filled with the more-egregious nonsense; Rian Johnson's desire to flip assumptions on their head makes sense, for a third trilogy, to avoid being repetitive. It ends up rushed, because he's only getting to do one film, and it's the inconsistency with his and Abrams' films which make the whole trilogy nonsense.

Rebooting just fucks things up. Don't introduce time travel. Unless your story is time travel, time travel is just giving up and ruining your franchise.

They're probably just going to wildly shift the timeline to either the High Republic, as previously rumored, or just skip 200-1000 years into the future, so everything's changed and we can rebuild the intervening centuries with whatever history we want. Render the Skywalker Saga irrelevant to anything going on in that time, either because it's distant future or past.
    Time Travel already exists in Star Wars. It appeared in Rebels, which is canon, and was used to save Asohka Tano's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

We can only hope. The entire premise of the sequel trilogy is fucking ridiculous. The Mandalorian showed me that there is still significant interest in Star Wars if it is done right. And the Mandalorian was great. I think most fans would love movies set in the Star Wars universe that is actually respectful to the lore that was laid down

This is clearly a baseless rumor, and also clearly fake. It's perpetuated simply by fans who wish it were true.

There's ultimately no denying that Disney's "sequel trilogy" was an unmitigated disaster, although the movies obviously still made money. Thing is, they essentially left the entire franchise in disarray by the last movie. None of the cornerstones exist anymore; the Original Trilogy was always the thing that held it all together, and the sequel trilogy completely invalidates it.

Frankly, I think Disney's best bet is to try to re-canonize the Extended Universe (in so much as they can, without conflicting with their new lore), and focus entirely on fleshing out the period between the Original Trilogy and the sequel trilogy (which *seems* to be the case with The Mandalorian).

Their only other recourse would be a hail-mary to try and introduce "alternate realities/timelines" in which both the EU and the sequel trilogy can both be canon. Perhaps Rey would cross the divide, leading a new sect of "grey jedi". It honestly sounds kind of cringe-y, but it's about the only way I see Disney salvaging the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    jar jar’s actor to contemplating suicide.
    Which people where those? The ones who hated the character or the ones who hated the character because they thought it was racist?

probably be a reboot of the original trilogy with the characters getting a gender swap lol

10+ Year Old Account
    This rumor seems pretty dumb. Where does this come from? Why woul they do that? What happened to the actually good idea of High Republic setting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    This rumor seems pretty dumb. Where does this come from? Why woul they do that? What happened to the actually good idea of High Republic setting?

They just started it. One book might be out? I'm waiting for the comics.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    probably be a reboot of the original trilogy with the characters getting a gender swap lol
    They should just make a prequel to the prequels. [Not the Old Republic]
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They should just make a prequel to the prequels. [Not the Old Republic]
    High Republic?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This is pretty false when it comes to fans and there reactions people who rage and hate on the movies are a way bigger problem As they are the same people who drove both anakin actors out of acting jar jar’s actor to contemplating suicide and Lucas out of Starwars. There is no comparison between some random people
    On twitter calling some one a bigot and hateful people actively hurting the people who made the movie with said hate which we saw continue in the new trilogy with roses actor.
    There absolutely is a comparison. Especially since you've now said all people that didn't like the movie went on Twitter to fuck with Kelly Marie Tran. (Inb4 you claim you didn't even though you brought her up to deflect from the other part of the garbage part of the random.)

Also, that would be the dumb media who called him racist 24/7. But that would be inconvenient and make you and the bigot brigade look insane right? Like the Reylos who went after Adam Driver's wife and John Boyega and none of you had a huge push to "End the hatred".

You and Endus seem quite fragile yourselves. Don't throw stones when not liking a movie is "Bigotry".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Which people where those? The ones who hated the character or the ones who hated the character because they thought it was racist?
    A bit of both but the hounding wasn’t limited to jar jar being racist one of his statements he sites that fans would come Up To Him and say that he destroyed there child Hood because of jar jar.

- - - Updated - - -

There absolutely is a comparison. Especially since you've now said all people that didn't like the movie went on Twitter to fuck with Kelly Marie Tran. (Inb4 you claim you didn't even though you brought her up to deflect from the other part of the garbage part of the random.)

Also, that would be the dumb media who called him racist 24/7. But that would be inconvenient and make you and the bigot brigade look insane right? Like the Reylos who went after Adam Driver's wife and John Boyega and none of you had a huge push to "End the hatred".

You and Endus seem quite fragile yourselves. Don't throw stones when not liking a movie is "Bigotry".
    Not all fans who don’t like a movie are toxic and Twitter wasn’t a thing when the prequels came out yet Lucas anakin’s and jar jar’s actors still got as much if not much much more hate which drove them all out of the franchise or further.

you can go back and find the statements each involved person has made they almost always site the fans attacking them That drove them to these places not the media calling them bigots. There is of course some over lap there always is But fan outrage is always a key part.

You can also go back to any Starwars thread where it’s been brought up I’ve always been against any hate and toxicity directed towards the people involved in Starwars and I just used both anakin actors and jar jar’s so I’m not sure why your bringing up other actors like I’m only defending roses because she’s a women or something.

I also never said any thing is bigotry I rightfully pointed out that when it comes to hurting the franchise it’s the toxic hating fans who do the most damage not the people who call others bigots and this just isn’t debatable when you actually look at how it effected the prequel cast/Lucas.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-07-03 at 01:25 PM.

A bit of both but the hounding wasn’t limited to jar jar being racist one of his statements he sites that fans would come Up To Him and say that he destroyed there child Hood because of jar jar.

- - - Updated - - -

Not all fans who don’t like a movie are toxic and Twitter wasn’t a thing when the prequels came out yet Lucas anakin’s and jar jar’s actors still got as much if not much much more hate which drove them all out of the franchise or further.

you can go back and find the statements each involved person has made they almost always site the fans attacking them That drove them to these places not the media calling them bigots. There is of course some over lap there always is But fan outrage is always a key part.

You can also go back to any Starwars thread where it’s been brought up I’ve always been against any hate and toxicity directed towards the people involved in Starwars and I just used both anakin actors and jar jar’s so I’m not sure why your bringing up other actors like I’m only defending roses because she’s a women or something.

I also never said any thing is bigotry I rightfully pointed out that when it comes to hurting the franchise it’s the toxic hating fans who do the most damage not the people who call others bigots and this just isn’t debatable when you actually look at how it effected the prequel cast/Lucas.
    And yet, people still harassed them. And those are the only ones brought up because the recent toxic fans, who aren't part of the group you're willing to complain about, make that argument look dumb. But, I guess those people didn't do anything wrong since you didn't trip over yourself for that.

And no. The people who did the damage to Star Wars are the people who run off the people that spend money to impress Twitter activists. That's why people even pretend this rumor could be true.

People that harass actors are idiots. But the fact people depend on them as a crutch to stop people saying negative things but then don't want to mention the Reylo brigade is dishonest. Once again, probably because there's overlap between people who think the Force is Female is a meaningful statement and not a product and people who didn't like John Boyega mocking these movies that wasted his time to make him a token minority.

7+ Year Old Account
    And yet, people still harassed them. And those are the only ones brought up because the recent toxic fans, who aren't part of the group you're willing to complain about, make that argument look dumb. But, I guess those people didn't do anything wrong since you didn't trip over yourself for that.

And no. The people who did the damage to Star Wars are the people who run off the people that spend money to impress Twitter activists. That's why people even pretend this rumor could be true.

People that harass actors are idiots. But the fact people depend on them as a crutch to stop people saying negative things but then don't want to mention the Reylo brigade is dishonest. Once again, probably because there's overlap between people who think the Force is Female is a meaningful statement and not a product and people who didn't like John Boyega mocking these movies that wasted his time to make him a token minority.
    Of course Other people still get hate I’ve never pretended other wise the examples I brought up are ones where said hate actively effected the people involved and lead to them reacting one way or another, Both anakins leaving Acting all together Lucas selling the franchise jar jar’s actor contemplating suicide and rose’s leaving social media. As far as I know kylo’s actor is still acting and finn’s is still on social media’s so using either of them would just be awful examples as I’m not just siting hate I’m showing examples of how said hate effected those involved. If either of them want to come out about how negatively it effected them all add them to the list.

Twitter activist had nothing to do with Lucas selling the franchise they had nothing to do with Lucas stepping away from making movies. All of the major damage caused to Starwars wasn’t because of twitter activist it was the toxic fans driving the creator away leading him into selling his franchise.

Reylo people are just as toxic as any other subset of toxic fans the only difference is that reylo people don’t seem to have actually effected any one yet unlike other toxic fans but of course that could always change as Jar jar’s actor didn’t come out about how the toxicity effected him till recently.

Of course Other people still get hate I’ve never pretended other wise the examples I brought up are ones where said hate actively effected the people involved and lead to them reacting one way or another, Both anakins leaving Acting all together Lucas selling the franchise jar jar’s actor contemplating suicide and rose’s leaving social media. As far as I know kylo’s actor is still acting and finn’s is still on social media’s so using either of them would just be awful examples as I’m not just siting hate I’m showing examples of how said hate effected those involved. If either of them want to come out about how negatively it effected them all add them to the list.

Twitter activist had nothing to do with Lucas selling the franchise they had nothing to do with Lucas stepping away from making movies. All of the major damage caused to Starwars wasn’t because of twitter activist it was the toxic fans driving the creator away leading him into selling his franchise.

Reylo people are just as toxic as any other subset of toxic fans the only difference is that reylo people don’t seem to have actually effected any one yet unlike other toxic fans but of course that could always change as Jar jar’s actor didn’t come out about how the toxicity effected him till recently.
    I don't know. Being fucking toxic to any member of the staff that has come out against the movies (Like John and JJ) seems bad. But, I'm not surprised you don't find issue with that. You agree with their toxicity.

It feels guaranteed you agreed with the idiots that called Jar Jar racist and gave him hell in his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they retcon 4, 5 and 6. At least the new movies are actually entertaining and looks good.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hamil, Ford, and Fisher won't show up. Nor will the likeness of their characters in CGI.

Next thing on the corporate film franchise docket: reboots! They're gonna remake the original trilogy within the next ten years, with new actors. And it will be shit. Lol Leia is probably going to be a stronk female character who needs no man and does everything herself. Luke will become a beta cuck. More gratuitous scenes of Vader murdering everybody. Ewoks will be replaced with Wookies. SUBVERSION! Post-modernist nihilism like in TLJ and modern politicking. Expect a gay character. The media shills will praise it as high art and it will get 95% from the critics on rotten tomatoes. The dissenters will be demonized as "entitled bigots" and user scores on rotten tomatoes will be deleted for the first couple of weeks. The movies will do okay with a new generation who had never grown up with the Lucas films and the old fans will be too old to bother talking online or pointing the new generation to the old films and the EU.

I don't care if the sequel trilogy is retconned out or not. Disney has revealed where their heart lies: it's all about the money. Money, money, money. If they retcon the ST away, it's only because they think they will get more money by trying to "win back the fans". It's like when they uncancelled Clone Wars; not because they give a damn but because they're trying to bring up franchise revenue by "winning back the fans". But their hearts haven't changed. They don't care about Star Wars. They don't care about the community like George Lucas did.

Say what you will about George Lucas, but he gave a damn about his name. He had integrity. After George released RotJ, George was tired of Star Wars, but he still gave a damn about the people who loved Star Wars, so he allowed other creators to give their takes on Star Wars. Thus, we got the Expanded Universe and hundreds of Star Wars games. Lucas didn't sit back and let other people throw shit at the wall and milk the IP dry; Lucasfilm carefully curated each book and game to make sure that fans were getting a good, quality Star Wars thing. Even when movies hadn't been produced for almost two decades, the Star Wars franchise prospered, and the community was happy.

Disney has had the property for eight years now, and look at what they have done. They canceled Clone Wars. They discarded the beloved EU that had been carefully built for the past twenty years, all in the name of "freeing them up for new ideas"... only to then shittily rehash the Original Trilogy. Kathleen Kennedy even had the gall to say that "creating the sequel trilogy is hard because we don't have a library of story ideas to draw upon". They completely botch their trilogy, not even bothering to make sure that they had an overarching story outline, with Abrams making crap up without bothering to figure out how it'd be answered, Rian coming in and trampling everything to the point that Colin Trevorrow threw his hands up. After Disney served their fans shit, they then called the fans "entitled, sexist bigots" for not liking shit. SHIT IS SHIT! The number of Star Wars video games has slowed down to an abysmal trickle. Disney sold the exclusive rights to make Star Wars video games to EA, who have only made... three Star Wars games. Two of which were half-assed remakes of older games to capitalize on brand recognition and were stuffed with predatory microtransactions (imagine that happening in a $60 Star Wars game released while George Lucas was in charge).

Disney bought Marvel when it was bankrupt, and the quality of the Marvel has not improved since. The only good Marvel has done for Disney is give it the rights to milk characters onscreen that gen Y and Xers are nostalgic for.

Star Wars is dead folks. It's been dead for eight years, and it's never coming back. Everything after 2012 is high budget shitty fan fiction. You need to let it go and move on with your life. It's important to look at things that aren't Star Wars. Read books, manga, and watch anime. Books are so cheap and easy to make that there are great reads out there in the sheer amount of books there are, more than you can possibly read. Movies cost so much money to make that by the time they reach the theaters, they've been stripped of all originality in order to play it safe and make their money back. A lot of books take ten hours to read. Five bad movies make you angry. One good book makes you happy.

There are hundreds and hundreds of amazing space opera fiction to read. Read the Combat Frame XSeeD or the Honor Harrington series. Read Dune. Read manga and anime. There are hundreds of space opera anime and mangas. Watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes (watch My Conquest is the Sea of Stars, then Overture to the New War, and then watch the 110 episode series) and Gundam. Here, I will even give you a guide to help get you started. I personally recommend either starting with the original show (if you can stand the old animation), Gundam Wing, or Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans).

Here is a fanart to get you enticed to try out the epic, the AMAZING Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans! Hell the very title of the show says that you are in for a wild ride! Watch it subbed or dubbed!

Attempting to derail threads and discussing forbidden topics isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Anger is the path to the dark side.