Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    No, again, you could get all your best traits from the gear IN ep and daz. sorry, but you're wrong.
    The onus of proof is now on you. I'm gonna need you to show me all 36 specs with their two BEST IN SLOT traits on each piece of gear. All 3 pieces being available WITHIN the raid.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    The onus of proof is now on you. I'm gonna need you to show me all 36 specs with their two BEST IN SLOT traits on each piece of gear. All 3 pieces being available WITHIN the raid.

Cheers.
    https://www.wowhead.com/azerite-finder

have fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    https://prnt.sc/tau0lr

you can get 4 pieces with dance of death in bod for bm, which was the meta at the time, same with DH and fg. same with monk and OPS. pretty much every class but i cba to do the work for you. go knock yourself out and I expect a well thought out apology when you're wrong.

the joke is most of the playerbase got their good traits from M+ before they got to the azerite bosses in mythic nya
    Last edited by Kehego; 2020-07-03 at 02:16 AM.

Just about every feature of the game has people who love it and people who hate it.
    I firmly believe both flying and LFR make the game worse, but there are a ton of people who love it.
    That's just how it goes.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    The first half is totally right, the second half is totally wrong. World quests are inferior to dailys always, period. MoP had dailies, and many of them; BUT THE ISSUE WAS NEVER THAT IT WAS TOO MUCH. The issue was that Blizzard in ther wisdom tied Valor Point Gear to the reputation of the daily-quest-vendors. Not only it required reverted on these factions to unlock valor gear at the beginning, nope, you also needed high reputation (not sure if honored or reverted) to unlock a third reputation. This is the insanity in this story. That made people get mad about it, but not because of the dailies: if these valor gear vendors were simply vendors who sold valor gear without any CRAPPY reputation attached to it, then MoP had 0 issues with dailies, no matter how many there were.

But nope, blizzard wanted to go the timegated way to milk out the money on the expansion. Didn't worked well and didn't work now.

But then we got crapexis dailies that were horrible, and after this we got world quests that were horrible too. Dailies are better than this, because dailies can lead people back to a central hub, and that's as important as having a lot to do. So nope, world quests are crap compared to dailies. Having a central hub to hang out, getting all the quests, and then turning in all the rewards at once feel more rewarding than ding here, this there, this here, and so on. A central hub allows people to gather, do simply stupid stuff and get together. We right now have this only for the emissaries and invastions, and at least this helps a bit to gather.

There is a reason why suramar was the best of all legion zones and that the others were crap: because it had a very major central hub. And having more reasons to hang out at the hub is always better.

I don't say world quests should disappear, but only as optional objectives to dailies.
    Personally, while I loved dailies at the time, 8.3 bringing dailies back made me remember how annoying it is to fly over an objective area just to pick up the quest, fly back, do the quest, then fly back to turn them in, instead of just getting the quest upon entering the area.

I don't mind a central hub, and I wouldn't mind dailies at all if the quests were in the area you land when you travel to a realm of the Shadowlands, but it looks like Blizzard is preferring the "scattered throughout the zone" approach to daily quests, as if they were world quests but with an interaction to start and finish, rather than the MoP-style "a hub where you pick them up". There are days in the 8.3 Vale where
    you have to fly almost literally to extreme ends of the zone, including indoors, just to pick up all four daily quests before getting started on them. I prefer world quests to that.

Cataclysm heroic dungeons were hard at launch.

Actually required co ordination, CC and interupts on trash pulls.

All the dogshit players complained and they got nerfed into the ground.
    It got nerfed and dungeon buff added because Blizzard actually has stats on dungeon completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Has there ever been times where the devs have listened to player feedback that then made the game worse or had players asking for a revert?
    Removal of flying and implementation of LFR are two biggest ones. Removal of flying is catering to all that "flying kills WPVP" crowd. Was reverted soon after that, because, you know, Blizzard should have refunded all that cash shop flying mounts then, that wasn't possible. LFR was implemented as alternative to raids for casual players, who wanted to experience content, but didn't want to put social obligations on them and wipe for 100500 times. Was time-gamed and overtuned soon after that, that killed whole purpose of this content, because all that hardcore crowd cried about wanting exclusive access to endgame content.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm heroic dungeons were hard at launch.

Actually required co ordination, CC and interupts on trash pulls.

All the dogshit players complained and they got nerfed into the ground.
    I agree the nerfing of those dungeons was a huge loss. I had a ton of fun doing them with my guild. The problem, however, is they included that level of difficulty into the LFG queue. The Cata heroics should have been implemented more like mythic dungeons are today where you have to form your own group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup. I loved titanforging procs. Gave a reason to do even LFR for potential upgrades. But corrupted items are also decently fun, so it's not all bad.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    And even then, making the game "worse" is subjective. Personally I liked Cataclysm dungeons a lot. Something was lost from WoW when we stopped having to use CC imo. Magister's Terrace or BRD were two of my favorite dungeons where a rogue had to sap stuff, you had to call out and mark sheeps, interrupt heals... and if you didn't have specific classes you had to get creative - frost nova'ing mobs and fearing them...
    I agree with this 100%. I think they were too difficult for random groups of strangers to do right away which was a major problem right from the start.

For me personally, I like doing support stuff as well as damage and some off-healing if necessary (shadow priest almost from the start). The regret that I most have about most of this stuff becoming less important or non-existent is that it all happened because Blizzard continues to double down on "playing with total strangers" as some sort of good design thing.

It isn't. It's not how we interact and socialize with human beings in real life. I have a really long rant (which I won't go into) about how normal human interaction tends to work in work/play environments. Random groups/pugs are very nearly 180 degrees the opposite of that. And here we are.

Mythic dungeons were a step in the direction of addressing that but I don't have a sense that they have done much to help the guild scene and that most groups are still pretty much strangers to one another. It's not a fun way to play. It's more stressful than anything.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Yeah, lots of times. I wish they just could go with what they wanted instead of doing changes in the wrong places, based off feedback. There are lots of things they listen to now in alpha that are good changes, but those are mostly stuff that are cosmetics and QoL changes.

One change, which is mentioned is the infamous "Cataclysm dungeons were too difficult" which they were not and got made into a snorefest after people complaining about it.

I have a suspicion about one thing they are changing in Shadowlands based on feedback that might be a very bad decision, but hard to say that yet without knowing exactly how it will be...

Let loot be loot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    LFR is a cancer.
    LFR saved raiding.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Oh fuck.

You know what I forgot that I complained about and gave feedback to Blizzard for?

I really asked them for the ability to RE-GRIND traits I had ALREADY EARNED just because I got a piece of gear that was 5 iLevels higher.

Imagine shoving a new Relic into your Legion Artifact weapon and losing access to a Gold Trait until you earned 4 more AP levels.

What a joke. You fanboys are really reaching now.
    Yeah, Azerite Armor is the biggest joke they have ever implemented in this game. So full of flaws its ridiculous. To replace a game system like they did when getting essences in just tells it all. I even thought of AA as something that was fine at the start, but with the exception of the regrind very early on. They didn't even manage to fix that properly after major complaints all the way to 8.1, and now when the expansion is done all its flaws are just staggering.

There is a reason why they bring legiondairy and tier effects(like 80% of all datamined effects) back in Shadowlandairies and the Soulbind works like a mini artifact weapon+relics. Should have done just that for BfA. Taking them 2 years to understand what they should take from feedback instead of doubling down on the bad stuff.

Players: We don't want to grind more legendaries!!
    Blizzard: Okay, you guys want to regrind what you already got 1-2 times per patch, every patch instead? Thanks for your feedback guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    I agree the nerfing of those dungeons was a huge loss. I had a ton of fun doing them with my guild. The problem, however, is they included that level of difficulty into the LFG queue. The Cata heroics should have been implemented more like mythic dungeons are today where you have to form your own group.
    There were aggravating factors to that as well.

You could often face a 60+ minute queue, only to get into a group that wasn't even able to defeat the first boss...

And this being Cataclysm, there was an extreme deficit of any sort of content outside of Heroic Dungeons.

The best traits were not ALL available in Daz and EP. Some you had to get from WQs or Mythic+.

In Nyalotha Blizzard tried to make a CONSCIOUS effort and backed it up with a BLOG POST saying that they would be putting your best two traits on EVERY SINGLE PIECE of Azerite gear dropped in Nyalotha. Thus meaning you didn't have to hunt them from other sources.

That's called giving up.
    They didn't even manage that.

And Ny'alotha was indeed the first raid where you might get the best set of azerite gear, the others were not even close to that. One AA item was bis for me in EP for instance. Btw, my bis shoulders are from Drustvar Emissaries 850 yall.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    A huge complaint during vanilla was that the story had nothing to do with WCIII, which resulted in the classic blizzard overreaction that is TBC's story (which they're still trying to fix).

So yeah...
    What's wrong with TBC's story? I may be biased/dumb, but I never played Warcraft back in the day and I joined WoW midway through TBC, and to be honest? I LOVED TBC. I loved it so much. The ambiance and everything and the story kept me interested.
    So what gives?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    They listen to feedback and most of the time players provide in their view a good solution. Then Blizzard somehow has always the need to come up with a halve baked "creative" solution that most players also dislike, creating another need for feedback. Then they try and hotfix that new problem the next 10 patches or ignore it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    World Quests, Warmode, LFR, LFD, Mythic+, Transmog, Authentiactors, AH changes, etc etc etc....would like a word with you
    Most of those changes are still generally viewed in a positive light. I would also wager that the majority of players who complain about them now were never ones to ask for any of those changes in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the "flying has ruined the game" narrative was from a small but vocal minority of players from around the tail-end of MoP.

An thanks to them we got nonsense like pathfinder achievement.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

More or less. I think it's not just up to feedback, also comes from blizzard decisions to take part of it. But definitely, hard to pick up the right things that really a whole community has different opinions and tastes about. Players want the game to get better, and of course they tell what they would like to see, but i guess it's hard to please everyone as well. So in some ways, feedback will always make game worse - just in someways-, there's always this bit of "i don't like it" side. Even me and my boyfriend have hard time sometimes to enjoy same things on the game. But there's also many things we can agree on and would like to see and would be great seeing those changes.

In the last 6 years?

Basically never.

Whenever they do "listen to feedback" it's always fake bullshit and the system was always designed to fuck you over until the very last patch when the expansion doesn't matter anymore.

See - Legiondaires, Corruption.
    Not true. They listened 1 time that I know of. It was the reversal on their decision to start using players real life names on their forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?