Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never watched or knew him, but I know depression and suicide. I've been through hell with depression and toying with the idea of suicide. Thankfully, I got plenty of help for it, and it's much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    It's called freedom of speech.
    Doesn't apply here. MMO-c can shitcan you for any reason or no reason at all.
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-07-03 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i think most of the stigma comes from that fact that 95% of mental illness is self-diagnosed attention-seeking bullshit. Believe it or not most people dont actually have a mental illness, theyre just pathetic pieces of shit
    Jesus man. This isn't just a shitty take, it's outright offensive to anybody who has legitimately struggled with mental illness. This is the kind of thinking that keeps people untreated.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    This is the classic clueless boomer reply when the topic is mental illness. Doesn't matter if someone is extremely depressed or if they think they are, if they use the word depression to describe how they are feeling something is not right and help should be given. Is life easier for young people nowadays? Yes, mostly! Is it less stressful? Hell no! The amount of pressure put on young people in today's society is something colossal.
    I wouldnt rly agree with ''life is easier for young people nowadays'',i guess it depends how far you are willing to go,entertainment is more vast and easy to acces sure,medicine is better than in my grandparents days....but...my grandparents had way shitier jobs than me and they were able to buy their own home with cash,have money left to get the house improved,have a car,and my grandpa even was able to buy a shop and keep it going once he retired,the odds of me buying my own house at the same point they did is a big fat zero,and no...i dont spend to much money on avocado bread LOL,production has gone up,expenses have gone WAY up,but income hasnt,people who make fun of milenials are just delusional

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    He'd been tilting for a long while, never understood why he was so afraid of seeing a shrink or confronting his problems like gaming was going to fix it. Many roads lead to the top but the view will always be the same. RIP

10+ Year Old Account
    Rest in peace Reckful.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    It's called freedom of speech.
    There's probably an XKCD strip for that.

Anyway, on topic, I never heard of the guy, but I wish his family and friends well.

I have been playing since the beginning and have never heard of this guy. Being a veteran, I know all too well about the way he went out and it does suck. Hopefully he can find the peace he was looking for.

15+ Year Old Account
    RIP. He always seemed so happy and full of laughter. Guess depression can still be deadly even if you're not showing it.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Then call me impossible. I had never heard of him and I am on forums constantly. I rarely watch videos though.

And RIP, mental illness is a really tough thing to deal with.
    Yeah, I don't know who he is/was either. But then again I started in MoP

Depression sucks too. I've had minor depression since I've been going to school but I did end up getting help for me. Rest in peace Reckful, I'm sorry you had to deal with mental illness throughout your life
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Reckful's story has had its ups and downs. His brother killed himself too when Reckful was young. It's so damn sad that someone's parent is watching their kids go one by one.

Reckful was truly a great guy and a legend in the streaming scene.

I loved watching Reckful's content back in the day. There's a great documentary showcasing his history on YouTube for those of you that are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnavU4bk7Vc

RIP, i really enjoyed him as a person too bad that he did not manage to overcome his inner demons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    responsable adults know to keep away from sources of potential risks and danger,nothing edgy about being a responsable adult,reckful had serious depression health issues,but those issues didnt force him to expose himself on social media knowing how it can affect him
    Unfortunately mental illness often compromises rational thinking, hence why things like this happen. Nothing he did yesterday was rational, and I don't think it's fair to expect someone in his mental state to make responsible choices on their own or to fault them when they don't. You have to understand that his own brain chemistry was working against him.

wow they change the music on reckful 3, that's so retarded. I remember him saying once that those guys didn't paid him for that video. it was on stream. RIP reckful, best rogue ever seen in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    RIP. He always seemed so happy and full of laughter. Guess depression can still be deadly even if you're not showing it.
    I'm really sad about it. And i loved how our community sometimes can all come together as they did today.
    And yes, definitely, he was a happy person but also inner demons sometimes screams louder than the smiles and for what i know, he was struggling for years with this kind of cyber bullying and depression due also to his bipolar, hence why he said about "I feel sorry for those who have to deal with my insanity" . It was just the last day, i guess. RIP Reckful. Wish he didn't just gave up. It's hard but i wish he didn't. Suicide is not the answer and i think he could be happy still. I Just really hope 2020 doesn't bring more bad than already is. We need some good things going on. And people need to stop trolling and saying things like "if i were you i would dig myself a grave" - that's something someone tweeted, and similar things, and you have no idea the mental state of that person in the meantime the person is reading that. Even joking, can be dangerous, you never know.

We did a good memorial, i actually enjoyed seeing people, Horde and Alliance come together for this. This is community and not just game factions. (Even tho if my pvp friend was in one memorial with both factions i'm pretty sure that he would attack someone, he just can't control himself lol) - But remember to laugh more often but not laugh on the cost of someone's misery. It's something we need a lot nowadays. Internet has became really hard to deal with because it's too much virtual exchanging interactions, and a lot of people, and less connection to what is around you, you can just sit and keyboard warrior all day if you want. It's risky and someone might not know or understand in what tone you're saying things, even if you're just joking and chilled.

Well that sucks

RIP dude, what a waste!

RIP Reckful.... this is such a shame.
    And the most pathetic part of this is that most of the pieces of shit on reddit who wrote "just pull the trigger already" or something similar under his latest tweets, selfthe comments after they learned about his suicide.

You don't have to sympathize with his depression or his death but going out of your way to torment a mentally unstable person with taunts of suicide is beyhond disgusting.

Probably it has nothing to do with that and even talking about it is giving too much power to the mob of human trash that did it but it has to be said anyway.

For all the people in here being S-tier douchebags about Reckful ending himself, I have a suggestion:

Go to Healthygamergg on either Twitch or Youtube and watch some of the video series of Dr. K talking to Reckful. That's it, maybe just have it on in the background while you do something else. I think I'm on video 4 of like, 7 or something, but even 30 minutes into the first video (or 0 for more approachable cross-sections of humanity, bearing in mind I didn't even know this gay's name 'til 5 days ago) I can't even imagine being the kind of ass that calls for his NPC homage to be removed or blames a guy for being victim of an illness.

Have some self awareness, do some introspection. Is your behaviour helping the problem of mental health? Is it hindering? What interactions would you like to encounter online if you were having a shitty day? It probably doesn't include assholery or hostility. It probably does include rainbows, unicorns, love and joy and maybe someone telling you they enjoyed playing whatever-the-fuck game you're LFGing with them for your next loot drop, even if they're lying out of their ass because trying to make people happy is more important than kicking a puppy that's already been abandoned on the side of the road.