Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There would be something wrong with that.

If it was the case.
    Granted in this last patch, it’s not due to corruptions bloating a lot of other classes. Prior to that? Yes that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    I, for one, can’t wait. It’s going to be as glorious as watching all the bad DK players have to face reality. Won’t miss it at all.
    You do realize that this is a thread about Demon Hunters, yes?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Granted in this last patch, it’s not due to corruptions bloating a lot of other classes. Prior to that? Yes that was the case.
    It's a cute meme, I've got to admit.

It makes sense. Demon Hunters have sacrificed everything for power. If Warriors or Rogues, for example, had the same strength, what would be the purpose of all that suffering? :P

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You do realize that this is a thread about Demon Hunters, yes?
    Do... are you... serious? Talk about taking a post, trimming part of it, not at all comprehending what I said despite it being clear as day, and then replied with snark...

Pretty sure you just lost internet points 5 times over lmao

Just to help you out, I was comparing the hopeful tuning pass of DH that will bring them more in line and expose all the bad players currently carried by an overtuned class, to when the same thing happened to DKs. Sorry I didn’t make that Barney style enough for you.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a cute meme, I've got to admit.
    I’m confused, are you suggesting they were well balanced prior to corruption shenanigans?
    Last edited by Redlikemyrage; 2020-07-04 at 03:34 AM.

Demon hunter feels comfortable to play. That is 100 points for me.

Just to help you out, I was comparing the hopeful tuning pass of DH that will bring them more in line and expose all the bad players currently carried by an overtuned class, to when the same thing happened to DKs.

Playing actively 5 classes, 2 with ilvl478+ i wonder whats not in line with DH compared to other classes?

If anything, corruption made most caster classes achieve godhood, hard to tell the difference anymore at this stage of the game.

You can say not all specs are equally good everywhere, but class by class, the game was probably never more balanced due to corruption chaos(between, god tier aka wizards, you should educate yourself what insane amounts of haste can do for these).

Because lets get real, we are talking about Havoc, and Havoc only, its 1 spec not a class.

Other classes have even more powerful specs than that has more impact on the game, like a warrior tank in pve and a MW monk in arenas, and these are just the few melee and healer examples.

for instance look at the fire mage, look where he stands in mythic nyalotha, mythic+ and pvp, random bgs and 3vs3, just take a hard, close look and try to answer me i am playing both classes in these activities, easy to handle does not equal power.

Good does not equal best.

I hope you understand the difference.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-07-04 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Snip

Again... a reply out of context... I already discussed the corruptions causing this last patch to throw things wildly askew. Also, arguing semantics, really? Cool yeah, I meant spec not class, cause veng needs love honestly, feel better now?

A useless point to even make considering the base topic is about havoc, so it’s a safe assumption that’s what the reply’s were about.

Pre-corruption, Havoc DHs were most overtuned, in high end keys, raiding (do you not understand how imba their survivability is) pvp, solo content, group content, foot races... you name it.

I’m really finding it funny how defensive DH players are for fear of the, much deserved, nerf bat.

Just to stop you from replying out of context again, I’ll surmise. Havoc DH overtuned, corruptions have only propped up others in the very last patch. Havoc DH spent all of BfA being objectively better than every other spec, while having arguably the easiest rotation, mind numbing so.

I’m not calling for plate spinning, but my goodness Havoc is so easy. Off topic, but Ret gives them a run for their money in ease, but we all know they didn’t spend BfA shining like Havoc.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is you have a Action/fighter (Dante/Ryu) character in a Adventure/MMORPG (insert vanilla char). They don't mix well. ONe becomes OP af and all the others just fit the mode and are fairly balanced. You always have that one though...

10+ Year Old Account
    There is, however, something wrong when the easiest spec in the game (which is already easy in general) is also a top choice for all levels on end game content.

Also, ezmode classes breed false heroes. People who spend time with an overtuned class think they are suddenly top performers. Reality slaps hard when the brain dead class gets nerfed into line.

You only need to look at how bad of a player your average DH tends to be to see this in action. It happens, without fault, every time a class remains unbalanced to this degree. It attracts wannabes and try hards, while also creating a mentality among players that this is acceptable. Once nerfing/proper tuning does finally happen, the solution is to QQ about it because there’s no longer an overtuned brain dead class to prop up poor play.

Anyone arguing that DH is fine and not imba at current is being intentionally obtuse. Or just willfully ignorant of facts. It’s not “feelycraft” even, as some have implied. DHs are objectively overtuned.

I, for one, can’t wait. It’s going to be as glorious as watching all the bad DK players have to face reality. Won’t miss it at all.
    Agree 1000%. I played a balance druid all the way from SSC in BC to Legion. I worked hard to tune and spec my gear and fought hard for my place on the dps charts. And then I just casually swapped to DH one day and oh my God. The biggest thing is not even the toolset. It is the EXTREMELY MASSIVE margin for error. Like I could mess up so many times and still do decently, and if I dont mess up (Which really isnt hard to do) I am up at the top.

Honestly I have been expecting nerfed every tuesday since i hit max level back in legion or that I log in and find that DHs have been made NPCs due to the extreme im balance. I played DKs back in WotlK and they werent this crazy. They were good but this is a whole different level.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    It is the EXTREMELY MASSIVE margin for error. Like I could mess up so many times and still do decently, and if I dont mess up (Which really isnt hard to do) I am up at the top.
    Against similarly not skilled players. This argument is false. I find almost every DH that says this I absolutely smash. Source: am a top parsing, 11/12 raider.

Edit: (yes obv mythic)
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2020-07-04 at 05:22 AM.
    BAD WOLF

Is this another "DH is broken in every sense" thread made by hardstuck hero raiders? or is there any actual human being with proper arguments here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Against similarly not skilled players. This argument is false. I find almost every DH that says this I absolutely smash. Source: am a top parsing, 11/12 raider.

Edit: (yes obv mythic)
    i am not going to disagree with you on that. but my point is slightly different. iam comparing it to say a balance druid, or spriest etc etc that if they make a mistake they suffer a lot more. Obviously people who raid mythics arent prone to tunneling or mess ups. But im just saying compared to other specs its easier to win at DH.

To me its not just the margin either, its the insane toolkit that I got as havoc.

the person I responded to does have a point. in Wotlk when DKs first came out (back when either dk spec could be a dps or tank spec, since it was aura based) people flooded them because of how easy it was to do good dps compared to other specs for example, enh shaman. But eventually as pruning happened and the specs were tweaked you began to see the greater difference between really good dks and ones that were just in there to smash buttons and win.

Or maybe after playing a balance druid for so long, playing a havoc dh literally feels like i upgraded from a 4 cylinder car to a v8 biturbo lol, so a case of rose tinted glasses?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Is this another "DH is broken in every sense" thread made by hardstuck hero raiders? or is there any actual human being with proper arguments here.
    it's just your usual memes about the newest class being literally the most broken thing ever

it's just your usual memes about the newest class being literally the most broken thing ever
    No, this is why people call DH brain dead, these are the PvE rotations using optimal talents.

ST
    *Meta*
    Immo
    Blade dance
    Eyebeam
    Chaos strike
    Demon Bite

AoE
    *Meta*
    Eyebeam
    Blade dance
    Immo
    Chaos strike
    Demons bite

No other class' entire PvE kit consists of changing the priority of one button

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    No, this is why people call DH brain dead, these are the PvE rotations using optimal talents.

ST
    *Meta*
    Immo
    Blade dance
    Eyebeam
    Chaos strike
    Demon Bite

AoE
    *Meta*
    Eyebeam
    Blade dance
    Immo
    Chaos strike
    Demons bite

Have you ever seen BM Hunters?

Have you ever seen BM Hunters?
    BM hunters actually have a spell you only use in AoE situations and a whole extra CD. Nice attempt at deflecting with glib bad faith one-liners though.

Further, If we both agree that BM is braindead and we can see Havoc is objectively less complex it follows that havoc is ???

BM hunters actually have a spell you only use in AoE situations and a whole extra CD. Nice attempt at deflecting with glib bad faith one-liners though.
    Wow, a whole extra CD? Shit, well, I guess that changes everything.

Plus, that's not a deflection, that's me calling out the meme for what it is, by adding perspective.

Nobody is implying Demon Hunter gameplay is like brain surgery (and to be fair, no class gameplay is in any way complex, anyone claiming otherwise is coping). People are, however, engaging in hyperbole, claiming that DHs are uniquely simple.

Nobody is implying Demon Hunter gameplay is like brain surgery (and to be fair, no class gameplay is in any way complex, anyone claiming otherwise is coping). People are, however, engaging in hyperbole, claiming that DHs are uniquely simple.
    The point of my first post was to show the way the Havoc is uniquely simple at its most basic level in that no matter what situation you are in, you press the same buttons in essentially the same order.
    That's without getting into the shitshow the talent 'choices' are.

I do agree that the argument that it is objectively bad because it is simple or that it's objectively bad because it's simple and has a history of performing well. Has no merit in of itself, fire mage isn't exactly feral druid tier and taste is subjective after all.

For the record, it was a single aoe ability and a whole extra CD.

ST
    *Meta*
    Immo
    Blade dance
    Eyebeam
    Chaos strike
    Demon Bite

AoE
    *Meta*
    Eyebeam
    Blade dance
    Immo
    Chaos strike
    Demons bite

Imagine opening with meta and using blade dance pre EB, like i said, hardstuck heroic raiders, keep it up.