Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just connect everything.

One unified AH (the new much faster AH was the last piece of the puzzle there). Join guilds on any realm. Trade with anyone. Raid with anyone.

Just get rid of this crap artificial barrier, because there's literally no physical reason for it to exist any more.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic news, hoping they will keep RP realms together. Having played on a dead realm for years, I'll take anything that doesn't involve me having to transfer off realm.

Oh, my god, this is a disaster for someone with my setup: I play on around 90 realms across 2 accounts, my goal was trying to have a character per realm on all eu realms, and you might think this is good news then for me, but wait, I can't delete chars I've spent hundreds or thousands of hours on cause, for example, eonar will now be connected with khadgar, I have 1 dk on eonar, 1 on blade's edge, 1 on khadgar and 1 on bloodhoof, if these become a single realm I'll have 4 chars on a realm and it was never my intention to, realm transferring is way too expensive.

Another thing: it's all good as long as soundless has a lot of groups in finder, but have any of you thought how to deal with it once you have to do by yourself?

For the record I got it after 362 tries, so I'm ok in that sense, but stuff should stay obtainable, overnight I've been able to find 4-5 untouched soundless in 1h of checking across realms, with connections this is gonna be A LOT harder!

And think about the sharing groups too: if there's less soundless around they will have less kills to share in any given time.

Rustfeather was the same, think also about aeonaxx-like ones, realm connections are gonna make everything like this harder, I'd only be ok with that if they stopped making stuff that forces you to have a low population, but you see all those hour long respawns they're putting in? That's not good at all!

Oh, damn, just thought about this now: we'll also get less items on BMAH, atm we have over 100 realms, if we have 50 it's gonna be harder to go for sought after items, we'll only get half the chances each day.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2020-07-03 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Oh, my god, this is a disaster for someone with my setup: I play on around 90 realms across 2 accounts, my goal was trying to have a character per realm on all eu realms, and you might think this is good news then for me, but wait, I can't delete chars I've spent hundreds or thousands of hours on cause, for example, eonar will now be connected with khadgar, I have 1 dk on eonar, 1 on blade's edge, 1 on khadgar and 1 on bloodhoof, if these become a single realm I'll have 4 chars on a realm and it was never my intention to, realm transferring is way too expensive.

Another thing: it's all good as long as soundless has a lot of groups in finder, but have any of you thought how to deal with it once you have to do by yourself?

For the record I got it after 362 tries, so I'm ok in that sense, but stuff should stay obtainable, overnight I've been able to find 4-5 untouched soundless in 1h of checking across realms, with connections this is gonna be A LOT harder!

And think about the sharing groups too: if there's less soundless around they will have less kills to share in any given time.

Rustfeather was the same, think also about aeonaxx-like ones, realm connections are gonna make everything like this harder, I'd only be ok with that if they stopped making stuff that forces you to have a low population, but you see all those hour long respawns they're putting in? That's not good at all!

Oh, damn, just thought about this now: we'll also get less items on BMAH, atm we have over 100 realms, if we have 50 it's gonna be harder to go for sought after items, we'll only get half the chances each day.
    So, your opposition is that you want there to be dead realms where rares are untouched, max level zones are empty, there's no raiding community, and the economy sucks. I like farming rares too, I get it, but I think those are exactly the kind of problems they're trying to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    There are probably like what, 2-3 other people doing the same? I mean, it's not comparable.

My current connected realm has:

3 guilds at 12/12 Heroic

Only 2 guilds doing mythic. At 3/12 and 4/12

We need to be connected to more realms.

According to WoW progress, my realm (Connected US Ravenholdt) is ranked at 119/120 in raiding and 118/120 in lowest population overall
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-07-03 at 09:11 AM.

Like... 10y to late for players from this realms. How many friends quit just because of dead realms... They just didn't want to level again or buy a transfer.

And I hope, they will merge dead realms to med/high. Not dead realms with dead realms... Like they did before.

What about high population realms that are only dead on one side?

Welp, I hope they buff the spawn rate of the outdoor mount spawn rate/drop rares in this case. Please don't tell they'll just leave it alone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzyk View Post
    I’m curious on what is actually a low pop realm these days. I’m on Shadow Council-US and it feels really empty. We were merged with Blackwater Raiders several years ago now but I don’t think that’s enough anymore. I do see other RP realm players thanks to CRZ but Shadow Council itself feels pretty empty.
    This. Delete realms, this solves nothing.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

If they're going to have cross-realm zones and stuff like that all realms should have been connected a long time ago removing Guild restrictions and all that fun stuff. They killed their own game by spreading the playerbase out over tons of servers. It is so antiquated to have Guilds specific to a server set. I know they make money off of transfers and all that stuff but that's not good for the health of the game and they know it now so I hope that makes some big steps towards more player freedom.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2020-07-03 at 12:51 PM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

7+ Year Old Account
    Just cancel retail and invest full force into classic
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    This. Delete realms, this solves nothing.
    So having over 100k people in Boralus at the same time is a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If they're going to have cross-realm zones and stuff like that all realms should have been connected a long time ago removing Guild restrictions and all that fun stuff. They killed their own game by spreading the playerbase out over tons of servers. It is so antiquated to have Guild specific to a server set. I know they make money off of transfers and all that stuff but that's not good for the health of the game and they know it now so I hope that makes some big steps towards more player freedom.
    They also killed it by spreading an aging game across retail and classic and they insist on keeping factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    No, allow people to select the shard they want to appear on with population limits. Allow cross server guilds and trading.
    Last edited by delus; 2020-07-03 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Mate, if you haven't played on low pop you don't know how shitty it is. I lived on low pop since end of TBC to Cata and it kinda ruined wow for me...It got so bad at the end that my shitty raiding guild that coulden't even kill Heroic Ragnaros (Granted, hard fight! for sure) was 1# ally guild. BIG CHANGES needs to happen...Also high pop is awesome for economy...more newbies just means more gold for me.

Kor'gall EU was my vanilla realm...it was awesome back in classic, good 50/50 split or so...But it died when ppl went to hord, then later left all together...Loot ftw (Pro guild, top 10) moved to my shitty realm just to "control" and get easy server first even...Like when I left our AH had like 10k items listed on it...Idk, dead. Could not even recruit DPS for 10 man raiding, and my guild started out 25 man raiding in cata.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-07-03 at 12:31 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I must be the only one who enjoys low pop realms, and not having a thousand other people crowding the same zones.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I must be the only one who enjoys low pop realms, and not having a thousand other people crowding the same zones.
    One of the few.

Are they going to do this he proper way and attach a low pop server to a mid/high pop server or do you think they are going to stitch a bunch of dead servers together to make a single dead server?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It all depends on what your interests are. If you're raiding, having a healthy pool of players to pick from is really important, & from a players POV, having more viable guilds to choose from is also great. Also depending on whether or not anything on the AH interests you, having a busy AH is much more enjoyable than having a dead one.

Having returned to the dead realm I'd played on for a decade prior to moving to Draenor (EU) in 2016, I'm so, so glad about this announcement. Maybe now we can see more than 20 potions on the auction house at a time, or maybe more than just a single of each battle pet (at most) with no competition to lower prices.

... Just kidding, we'll get linked to one other dead realm & that'll be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Are they going to do this he proper way and attach a low pop server to a mid/high pop server or do you think they are going to stitch a bunch of dead servers together to make a single dead server?
    I don't have high hopes considering that they left realms to languish after the first set of connections.