Poll: Most suitable Azshara substitute

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    That's some weird-ass take and/or misinformation: Azshara is dark blue, Vashj too, so was Xavius and Farondis.

Where did you get that from? I mean, here's one of the first Highborne we met in WoW

They aren't pastier.
    "According to Brann Bronzebeard, there is little physical difference between the Highborne and the rest of the kaldorei (save perhaps the Highborne being slightly pastier), but they consider themselves different enough." - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Highborne

A lot of highborne NPC's in the game do have pale blue skin.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    "According to Brann Bronzebeard, there is little physical difference between the Highborne and the rest of the kaldorei (save perhaps the Highborne being slightly pastier), but they consider themselves different enough." - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Highborne

A lot of highborne NPC's in the game do have pale blue skin.
    And a lot more have darker skin. It's very diverse.

Brann must be confusing elves with spaghetti. But since it's a in-universe information, it could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time he missed the mark.

And a lot more have darker skin. It's very diverse.

Brann must be confusing elves with spaghetti. But since it's a in-universe information, it could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time he missed the mark.
    No? Most Highborne NPCs in the game have pale blue skin and white hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's some weird-ass take and/or misinformation: Azshara is dark blue, Vashj too, so was Xavius and Farondis.

Where did you get that from? I mean, here's one of the first Highborne we met in WoW...They aren't pastier.
    Brann Bronzebeard said they were slightly pastier and considered themselves different enough even though they didn't look dramatically different: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Highborne

You're a hordie so ofcourse you'd say that. Night Elf are over 10,000 years old. Malfurion and Tyrande being 2 of them.

Night Elves are well known for druidisn but that's not the only thing. They're priests and hunters like Tyrande, warriors like Shandris, mages like Mordent and Azshara (she's still a NE), demon hunters like Illidan, wardens like Maiev, etc etc.

If you'd seen the new NE customisations you wouldn't be spouting the stuff you are.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No? Most Highborne NPCs in the game have pale blue skin and white hair.
    Negative, most Highborne NPCs in the game have regular Elven skin, be it pink, dark like Azshara or some random color. It's very mixed, but so far most we've met (like the Shen'dralar) are neutral pink:

Not pale, not dark either. Evershade is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    It's just like a few minor survivors, you cant play them anyway, because the rest of those night elves are extinct now, changed to other races. And the current ones changed into forest elves
    You can roll a forest elf mage though

- - - Updated - - -

She is far closer to a void elf or nightborne

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, the golden eyes, that's gonna be tough to do. But I was just not feeling the fit on the night elf femake

- - - Updated - - -

Because the figure and vibe is much closer to Azshara, only issue is the ears, but I'm willing to ignore that. NElf female doesnt really work, I would say less than so than void elf or nightborne even with the ear/eye difference
    the Highbourne are a core part of Night Elves. If you weren't playing Horde in the burning of teldrassil you would know.

You want a race that looks like Azshara so you're going to pick Void Elves that have upright ears, way smaller slender bodies and white eyes or nightborne with no golden eyes, weird chest out postures and upright ears? Instead of using the model that Blizzard do? The Night Elf model which will literally have the same colours and customisation as Azshara?

Also, Highbourne are pale skinned. Azshara was not a Highbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    You want a race that looks like Azshara so you're going to pick Void Elves that have upright ears, way smaller slender bodies and white eyes or nightborne with no golden eyes, weird chest out postures and upright ears? Instead of using the model that Blizzard do? The Night Elf model which will literally have the same colours and customisation as Azshara?

Also, Highbourne are pale skinned. Azshara was not a Highbourne.
    But Azshara in the video, minus the ears is far more delicate than the night elf model, she's more like the Nightborne or void elf model. Do you think that blizzard are making the night elves different elves, and the void elves and nightborne are the old original elves. Cos I look at a night elf and I think of an amazonian swinging through the trees or a Tarzan, I look at a Nightborne, and I think of Azshara, and I look at a void elf, and to me that's how a purple Highborne looks.. and new night elf customisation make it even more obvious.

Yes some mockups above can show some night elves in Nightborne and blood elf gear pretending that they're casters, but that's just so you can roleplay, blizzard only give night elves forest elf features, because Azshara type elves are now Nightborne or high elves.

They don't want night elves to be multi-pronged diversity elves, they want night elves in the forest, Nightborne in the cities, and void elves handling the void magic. Everyone knows night elves are the tree elves with the forest, no one knows or thinks of them as magical elves, only a few hardcore fans like Ravenmoon, Mace and co. The overwhelming number of fans on here would agree with this assessment even if they disagree with using void/nightborne to make Azshara.

They don't want night elves to be multi-pronged diversity elves, they want night elves in the forest, Nightborne in the cities, and void elves handling the void magic. Everyone knows night elves are the tree elves with the forest, no one knows or thinks of them as magical elves, only a few hardcore fans like Ravenmoon, Mace and co. The overwhelming number of fans on here would agree with this assessment even if they disagree with using void/nightborne to make Azshara.
    Except Azsuna exists as a zone. Just from Legion, filled with Night elf mages (mixed of spirits and live ones).

It's not even a "hardcore" thing, it's just something that's been opening up again since the Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    You're a hordie so ofcourse you'd say that. Night Elf are over 10,000 years old. Malfurion and Tyrande being 2 of them.

Night Elves are well known for druidisn but that's not the only thing. They're priests and hunters like Tyrande, warriors like Shandris, mages like Mordent and Azshara (she's still a NE), demon hunters like Illidan, wardens like Maiev, etc etc.

If you'd seen the new NE customisations you wouldn't be spouting the stuff you are.
    I know, I've read the lore, but this is not the night elves anymore... Tyrande and co spend more time in the forest, talk more of the forest than they do of Elune. She uses her bow and glaives far more than she casts a spell. You never see Night elf priestesses casting spells in wow. It was a one off in WC3, they use bandages to wrap wounds, not magic.

Most of the night elves you see in game are vastly druids in cat form or bear form, not using magical spells - you've never seen a balance druid in NPCs, in fact you don't see night elves do anything not related to the forest, they even bring their forest to their city (now burnt - so night elves have no city and never will). Night elves may do other things, but it's like a small portion, even their Highborne do forest as well, and that's nothing like the past. Their demon hunters are always in forests.

Night elves are about forests... I see very little to do with arcane magic, with the stars, or moon or even the night - it's just names. Elune is mentioned but Elune compared to the forest is like 95% forest, 5% Elune.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the name elf and the long ears, current night elves might as well be another race as some have said. They are totally different and removed from everything else that is referred to as elf in this game. only history is shared. The night elves today are 95% forest, feral, savage race - and i think they were called elves because initially they were going to be developed in a much bigger way. But it never happened, they didn't use them, preferring only to refer to them when dealing with forest stuff. So this is what they are now.

I know it's not what you guys want to hear, but this is what it is, and this is what most people see them as. It's not our fault, it's your developers that do this. Take it up with them, but wait, you never do so why are you complaining? I think it's clear. A massive post on Highborne customisation was given, blizz mod even answered one that specifically asked for Highborne customisations for Night elf and all blizzard did was make the night elves a lot more foresty. There like 80% extra forest , savage/feral related features, and the one token is what everyone is using to cry Highborne. Their intent is crystal clear. Saying otherwise is denial.

You're all mocking me on this thread, because you're not seeing what's in front of you. Night elves are not the grand race blizzard initially set them out to be, they're not! They're a small "niche" group of foresters, the grand elf focus has shifted to the horde completely 7.3.5 showed this. The Zanadalari have a far grander reach and spread on trolls than the night elves have on elves. And the Nightborne have far more potential scope of breadth than the night elves have.

Most of the fans here are very much in favour of tree swinging night elves, it's what they want. They like blood elves and nightborne having the things they have and night elves having their independent niche, and most don't like night elves having arcane magic or cities and stuff like that - it doesn't feel night elven because that's what blizzard has shown for night elves. You can't blame them as horde sycophants because they see only what the devs have shown them.

And I know @ravenmoon and @Mace are going to lecture me - so I'll just respond here straight off. No one reads books and novels, you are basing your entire impression of a bigger night elf race on books, but blizzard keeps that info only to books and doesn't show it in game, so they want night elves for wow to be forest elves. Maybe after wow they will be something more, but sorry, with Elves it is different. I know humans and trolls have multiple things, so do Orcs, Goblins, Dwarves etc - but with elves they decide to move away from that and move closer to the DnD version - wood elf = night elf, high elf = blood elf, and now dark elf = nightborne - they don't view them as separate peoples, to blizzard they are 3 parts of one elf race, just like in DnD and EQ.

The best you can hope for a purple high class elf is a void elf - which you have access too. But Highborne visualisation is exclusive to the Horde. This is how it is, whether you agree with it or not.
    @Tanaria will confirm everything I am saying is true.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You guys are wasting your time with that thing. There's nothing more to discuss here that hasn't been addressed already.

Negative, most Highborne NPCs in the game have regular Elven skin, be it pink, dark like Azshara or some random color. It's very mixed, but so far most we've met (like the Shen'dralar) are neutral pink:

Not pale, not dark either. Evershade is similar.
    I can fish up a bunch of screenshots of highborn NPC's with pale skin, too.

Estulan

Arcanist Delaris

Tarelvir, Dyrhara and Maelir (mage trainers in Darnassus)

Azshara's handmaidens in the Well of Eternity Dungeon.

And the Arcane reforgers.

- - - Updated - - -

But Azshara in the video, minus the ears is far more delicate than the night elf model, she's more like the Nightborne or void elf model. Do you think that blizzard are making the night elves different elves, and the void elves and nightborne are the old original elves. Cos I look at a night elf and I think of an amazonian swinging through the trees or a Tarzan, I look at a Nightborne, and I think of Azshara, and I look at a void elf, and to me that's how a purple Highborne looks.. and new night elf customisation make it even more obvious.

Yes some mockups above can show some night elves in Nightborne and blood elf gear pretending that they're casters, but that's just so you can roleplay, blizzard only give night elves forest elf features, because Azshara type elves are now Nightborne or high elves.

Again, have you seen her arms and shoulders in the video? I can see how she resembles a Nightborne, but a Void Elf? Hell naw, Void Elves are way too small and scrawny compared to Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except Azsuna exists as a zone. Just from Legion, filled with Night elf mages (mixed of spirits and live ones).

It's not even a "hardcore" thing, it's just something that's been opening up again since the Cataclysm.
    Okay, Ravenmoon made the same point, but it got dropped, it wasn't pursued. It made every sense for them to then wrap the nightborne in and progress them further, but my point to people is that they didn't, they chose to go to the horde. Maybe it was a U-turn, it surprised me even, and I wasn't asking for Nightborne on the horde, I wanted blood elves to be the only elves on the horde, exclusive, niche special, I'm fine with "lesser" types (in character) being more numerous on the alliance. But they gave it to the horde.

Since then every major elven development has gone horde, and only tokens to the alliance. Void elves were given to placate the crowd, but they were just a bunch of elves with a hero, they had no story, came out of nowhere and have just been occasionally thrown in here and there. They and night elves and high elves are homeless and mostly seen in ruined places, forests and wilderness, with bows and knifes - with the exception of some void elves, they rarely ever use magic.

And the recent customisation further back up my assertion. Forest all the way. I know he meant it jokingly, but yeh, they're wood/forest elves and they should be renamed.

Okay, Ravenmoon made the same point, but it got dropped, it wasn't pursued. It made every sense for them to then wrap the nightborne in and progress them further, but my point to people is that they didn't, they chose to go to the horde. Maybe it was a U-turn, it surprised me even, and I wasn't asking for Nightborne on the horde, I wanted blood elves to be the only elves on the horde, exclusive, niche special, I'm fine with "lesser" types (in character) being more numerous on the alliance. But they gave it to the horde.

Since then every major elven development has gone horde, and only tokens to the alliance. Void elves were given to placate the crowd, but they were just a bunch of elves with a hero, they had no story, came out of nowhere and have just been occasionally thrown in here and there. They and night elves and high elves are homeless and mostly seen in ruined places, forests and wilderness, with bows and knifes - with the exception of some void elves, they rarely ever use magic.

And the recent customisation further back up my assertion. Forest all the way. I know he meant it jokingly, but yeh, they're wood/forest elves and they should be renamed.
    This is along the same lines though as claiming that the Blood elves aren't hunters, they're magic users, because the idea of hunting/wilderness elves belongs to the Night Elves.

It's obviously not true as seen by Lother'mar and archery is a long tradition in their culture in general with the example being the Windrunner sisters.

They still obviously want the arcane/magic to be a part of Night Elf culture, they haven't just abandoned it as seen with Azsuna in general.

You literally get the smaller ears with the new customizations and the night borne got big dumbo upwards elf ears, they are nothing like in the video.
    Look at it however you want. Night Elfs finally get leaves but they also get pastier as well as darker skin tones. Night Elfs got their Shen'dralar, if they would not cared for them, they would not have added them to the Darkshore warfront or let them open the Portal to Stormwind during the burning of Teldrassil.
    Clearly mages have a only a small role within the night elfs but they aren't just wood elfs. Their whole concept was based on a mix of Dark- and Woodelfs.
    Ravenmoon and you have these extreme positions while what night elfs are and how they develop is something inbetween.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can fish up a bunch of screenshots of highborn NPC's with pale skin, too.
    Half of the people you linked are quite dark-skinned, what's your deal?

Half of the people you linked are quite dark-skinned, what's your deal?
    They all have pale and/or blue-ish skin tones. If they look dark-skinned, it's because of the indoor lighting.

My deal is that Brann Bronzebeard stated that they're slightly pastier than regular Night Elves. That's literally canon lore and you're still trying to dispute that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This is along the same lines though as claiming that the Blood elves aren't hunters, they're magic users, because the idea of hunting/wilderness elves belongs to the Night Elves.

It's obviously not true as seen by Lother'mar and archery is a long tradition in their culture in general with the example being the Windrunner sisters.

They still obviously want the arcane/magic to be a part of Night Elf culture, they haven't just abandoned it as seen with Azsuna in general.
    I don't get what it is with a particular horde fan, enidgmaddict, tanaria and Alanar are amongst the chief ones that seem to have this silly idea that night elves are some forest elf only or vast majority group that entirely defines them, and every other evidence is marginal or insignificant - because only what they see visually or remember is what counts, and the info others show them isn't relevant. MyWholeLifeIsThunder and Super Dickmann are others who hold this replacement ideology of the night elves that I've noticed..

You are spot on here. the thing si, Warcraft is notorious on not showing everything they have outlined for a race at once. Notice how first Blood elf presentation was largely magister focus, but now a lot of Light focus is happening, this doesn't mean that Farstriders is non-existent or in TBC the Light aspect was some tiny off thing - the lore tells you how much, in-game usually only focuses on one thing at a time, or highlights the parts of a race that it wants to use for it's story, usually when it wants to. Also it doesn't update everything.

Night elves when they first showed up were like 75% Amazonian warrior females, they had the dialogue most of the screen time, the others were only there as units, with the only males having dialogue being hero Malfurion and hero Illidan. Yet in wow, we got to meet an d interact with the druids, and hardly heard much from the Amazonian warriors huntresses or the female priesthood, they were there, they just didn't do much, in fact Tyrande did nothing till MoP - that's not some indication that Tyrande is irrelevant tot he night elves or not their main focus.

it's all so warped. The books and lore information characterise as accurately and as relevantly what a race is about, you can't ignore them as marginal just because screen time doesn't reflect .. if the lore tells you the Shen'dralar are the most revered arcanists of the most advanced magical civilization and those are the ones training new night elf Highborne, that is a very magically competent group, it's quite clear arcane magic and arcane talent is certainly not dead amongst the night elf race.

And the funny thing is the great presentation of night elven arcane society , ability that you see via the Moonguard, the Farondis, and the Nightborne. Yes, although new sub race of night elf, everything the night borne are based on is night elven, the city is a night elf one, the arcane magical expertise and culture is night elves too, it's the Highborne based culture, not the druidic one, but it's night elven just like the shamanistic culture of the Highmountain in Highmountain is Tauren, even though they're a sub race, do we dissociate them with the Tauren if blizzard made them alliance?

Their insistence on ignoring valid lore information astounds me and makes me think they're either trolling us or just so desperate to prevent the alliance races whom they view as rivals from getting the cool stuff they have wrongly felt belongs to them. Which is ironical and hypocritical seeing that having the Nightborne on the horde was basically taking the night elf stuff over, so now saying it has no place on the night elves or isn't the developers plan for them is clearly false and clearly reaching. It smacks us some sort of weird effort to keep it all horde - like elves belong ot the horde or some weird notion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They all have pale and/or blue-ish skin tones. If they look dark-skinned, it's because of the indoor lighting.

My deal is that Brann Bronzebeard stated that they're slightly pastier than regular Night Elves. That's literally canon lore and you're still trying to dispute that.
    Those you linked are blue-ish, but several of them are dark blue and some even look light-skinned because of the lightning.

Brann Bronzebeard isn't truth incarnate - as in, he's an unreliable narrator, especially considering that most Highborne met by the players (especially all of their leaders) have neutral pink skin or some other darker shade, like Farondis.

Wants to make a night elf mage, but asks what void elf or nightbourne they should make?

Am I confused? Or reading this wrong? or is this thread as stupid as I think it is?