Thread: Masks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Now, try saying that again replacing the word mask with condoms. Sounds like a pretty lame excuse right? Same kind of theory ... go buy some and use them.
    Well, didn't say it wasn't lame. Then again, it has not felt as much a need when you are in a country that handles the problems correctly. At work, we clean out and handle electronics with care. In public transport, we don't sit packed. We don't permit large parties or people breaking distance.

As for a condom, don't use that either.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2020-07-03 at 09:57 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've seen 3 people in total wear a mask since this whole thing started, but there was never any need to do that where I live. We haven't had a single confirmed case in more than a month in my area.

What about ATMs now? Everyone is entering in the ATM wearing masks.

I don't go out much, but on the rare occasions that I do have to go out in public, I'll absolutely put on a mask and respect social distancing as well as I'm able. If it's possible to do something without having to go out in public, I'll take that route.

I'll honestly probably be fine if I get the virus, but it would absolutely destroy my life if it turns out that I get it and spread it to my grandparents who I'm around every single day. I take this seriously not for my sake, but for theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Gabriel Good lord, are you guys still scalping them? The KN95s were roughly 20 RMB each and the disposable ones were about 3 RMB each. One RMB looks like it is 0.13 Euros right now.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Don't have one, nor do I go out much anyway. Only when going to the store.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    It did got weaker because death rate has slow down by a lot. They got tested, they got it from a relative that came to visit them from Germany. They got it few days later, they had same symptoms associated to the virus and few days later everything was normal.
    Viruses get weaker, yes, that's normal virology, but most sources say that it takes longer than this particular virus has been around for it to get substantially weaker enough to affect the Death Rates the way we're seeing, suggesting it's just better testing, higher vigilance to protect against the virus, and because of the social distancing and stuff many of the folks who have been diagnosed with it had stronger and healthier immune systems and therefore not only didn't die from it, but had much less severe symptoms overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont wear mask, had to few times since i was entering government buildings but that was it. From what I hared i think virus has weakened a low, friends wives sister and her family had it few weeks ago, they said it lasted few days and that is it, they only found out they had it because they lost scent and taste for a day or two and that is it. No temperature, nothing just a lost of scent and taste....
    Ah cool, anecdotal evidence of . . . one person . . . among millions of cases.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Ah cool, anecdotal evidence of . . . one person . . . among millions of cases.
    Actually its more tha one but ok....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Viruses get weaker, yes, that's normal virology, but most sources say that it takes longer than this particular virus has been around for it to get substantially weaker enough to affect the Death Rates the way we're seeing, suggesting it's just better testing, higher vigilance to protect against the virus, and because of the social distancing and stuff many of the folks who have been diagnosed with it had stronger and healthier immune systems and therefore not only didn't die from it, but had much less severe symptoms overall.
    The point is everything revolves around Covid, I wonder how many people died from seasonal flu in the last 4 months that are being placed in Covid table and how many in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    They said anyone who has issues breathing shouldn't wear one. Asthma reacts in different ways in different people. Though its generally accepted that if you have asthma, you shouldn't restrict air flow.

Again they did?
    Where?

I keep hearing this from multiple people and postings yet no where does the CDC say that from what I can see of their web pages.

at best they tell you:

Cloth face coverings should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.

Everything I have read and all advice from doctors so far has been to try the mask and try to find one that works for your current level of asthma if possible.

individuals who may regularly experience difficulty breathing due to conditions including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or emphysema are nonetheless encouraged to wear face coverings upon leaving their homes, despite the potential difficulties they pose, because of their increased vulnerability to the coronavirus.

Funny thing is if you search google for asthma mask and make the date 2019 you will find thousands of articles and places selling mask to help asthma sufferers during allergy and flu season...but now its all of a sudden a great excuse not to wear one.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually its more tha one but ok....

The point is everything revolves around Covid, I wonder how many people died from seasonal flu in the last 4 months that are being placed in Covid table and how many in total.
    Oh here we go again....this has already been backed up by enough data and discussion over in the mega thread.

Please don't start that conspiracy here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I think I've seen 3 people in total wear a mask since this whole thing started, but there was never any need to do that where I live. We haven't had a single confirmed case in more than a month in my area.
    tell that to those states that used the same logic and are now swimming in cases....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Sometimes I think the most comfortable would be a huge beak like a plague doctor, that way breathing would be much more normal. But that would draw too much attention, so I've settled for a cloth mask that I wear somewhat loosely for work, and a regular hospital-style mask for shopping.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought a bunch. Gave them away. Never wore one myself. I'd rather get sick and build immunity to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I bought a bunch. Gave them away. Never wore one myself. I'd rather get sick and build immunity to it.
    Cool, is it okay if you’re put in the lowest priority category for triage as a result of this attitude?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Cool, is it okay if you’re put in the lowest priority category for triage as a result of this attitude?
    good luck. A whole state tried this and now they rushed to get ACA Medicaid for its residents because they need billions in taxpayers money to bail them out of their "attitude".

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I have to wear one at work now, and management bought us each a pack of 50 (I think they're n95? like the blue 4 layer ones.) I wear those in public now, used to just cover my nose and mouth with my scarf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I would never get that far. I'm basically never sick and I doubt a bit harsher cold would do much damage to me. Which I most likely already had, just that the antibody test couldn't find any antibodies since I had a very mind condition.
    I did develop a nasty pollen allergy after that which lasted for a couple of weeks.
    Back to being healthy as a horse as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I was actually wrong, the prices have come down to reasonable levels when I jut checked. I guess I have to fall back to "I don't want to buy them because someone in a risk group might need them more than I do" lol.
    Well, it's really everyone else that needs to wear them for the sake of the at-risk person. You're most likely to pick up the virus from some source other than directly through your nose or mouth - ie, you might lick virus on your fingertips, but you're not likely to directly breathe it in unless someone's literally hacking into your face - but your nose or mouth are how you're most likely to transmit it to others. They're less likely to lick virus off their fingers if you're not spraying it everywhere, including onto your hands before you touch things that they touch. Or at least this is how it's been explained to me by my wife's epidemiology faculty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I don't, because they cost like a million euros. If I got them for free I'd wear one to the store.
    Just sew them yourself if you don't have any money.

If you want the store clerk to sell you stuff next week too protect them by wearing a mask.

Phone exploded in Texas this morning with an alert that they are mandatory in the state and can be fined up to 250 bucks if you don't have it on. Two weeks ago the same people doing this were saying the virus was fake news. So sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only mask I would wear