Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Alliance SPOILERS!

So...is it finally that the Alliance faction will finally get more interesting plot and conflicts from within?

This video sums it nicely imo:

The funny thing is all these past years...it was the Horde that was more dynamics, more interesting fractures specially when Garrosh took the mantle of Warchief and the Alliance faction was bland and boring specially at the ending days of Varian leadership and when Anduin became the king. It seems Blizzard possibly making the same pattern with Turalyon and his obsession with the light? kinda like Yrel (when she became light fanatic when you do the Mag'har allied race questline).

What you think folks? discuss please!

Honestly I couldn't make it past about 6-7 minutes, but a lot of this just seems far too out of place.

Yes, Turalyon is a bit of a zealot, but he also literally watched Illidan blow his god to pieces basically, and stopped fighting with Illidan the moment Velen said to. He's been shown to realize that push comes to shove what really matters is getting the job done. Also, on top of that the person with the most hostility towards starting internal conflict disappears into the Shadowlands with us (Tyrande).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly I couldn't make it past about 6-7 minutes, but a lot of this just seems far too out of place.

Yes, Turalyon is a bit of a zealot, but he also literally watched Illidan blow his god to pieces basically, and stopped fighting with Illidan the moment Velen said to. He's been shown to realize that push comes to shove what really matters is getting the job done. Also, on top of that the person with the most hostility towards starting internal conflict disappears into the Shadowlands with us (Tyrande).
    I never said Turalyon is pure fanatic evil now but maybe over time after some incidents will leave him making bad/extreme decisions in the name of the light.

My point is the light playing a long patience game not immediatly, specially now with the confirmation of time skip in Shadowlands expansion. Look at Yrel at the start of WoD she was awesome and nice but then look at her after what? 15+ years or so? and see how the light changed her? so we could see something similar to Turalyon.

Can we give blizzard a chance to shit all over the last vestiges of WCII in Turalyon before we preemptively condemn him?

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I never said Turalyon is pure fanatic evil now but maybe over time after some incidents will leave him making bad/extreme decisions in the name of the light.

My point is the light playing a long patience game not immediatly, specially now with the confirmation of time skip in Shadowlands expansion. Look at Yrel at the start of WoD she was awesome and nice but then look at her after what? 15+ years or so? and see how the light changed her? so we could see something similar to Turalyon.
    Yrel when we met her had no connection to the light, no more than any normal Draenei does though.

She only became a follower of the light and an Exarch after the entire beginning of WoD.
    Turalyon's been a devout follower chasing the Legion for countless years already according to the audiobook Blizzard put out.

If he was going to be an extremist about decisions, he would have been already at this point I would think. Mind you, he also has his wife who is very much the anti-thesis of the light.

Seriously, it should be a requirement to sum up what the video is about, if you post it. I'm not gonna watch it, especially not when it has such a cringy title.

My first though was that it is Bellular's video and of course it was. Sorry, OP, but it is really, really hard to watch anything he makes. The cringe is too real.
    Take everything he says with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yrel when we met her had no connection to the light, no more than any normal Draenei does though.

She only became a follower of the light and an Exarch after the entire beginning of WoD.
    Turalyon's been a devout follower chasing the Legion for countless years already according to the audiobook Blizzard put out.

If he was going to be an extremist about decisions, he would have been already at this point I would think. Mind you, he also has his wife who is very much the anti-thesis of the light.

I am talking about the timeskip between the end of WoD Yrel to the Mag'har questline in Draenor which is like over 15+ years which is more than enough for a person to change his mentality really.

The main reason Turalyon all those years didn't went to extreme like Yrel because as you said he was busy fighting a demonic pure evil army + he had pre void Alleria which kept him in check for sure.

Now? outside of Shadowlands we don't have this massive threatening pure evil big army like the Legion so Turalyon will not be busy fighting them and Alleria is void fused now which is a complete opposite of what Turalyon is and it can create a major conflict later on in the future between these two characters and their followers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Seriously, it should be a requirement to sum up what the video is about, if you post it. I'm not gonna watch it, especially not when it has such a cringy title.
    I did sum it up in my paragraph...what you want really? shall I put time stamp and guide you exactly and tell you exactly which is which?

I am talking about the timeskip between the end of WoD Yrel to the Mag'har questline in Draenor which is like over 15+ years which is more than enough for a person to change his mentality really.

The main reason Turalyon all those years didn't went to extreme like Yrel because as you said he was busy fighting a demonic pure evil army + he had pre void Alleria which kept him in check for sure.

Now? outside of Shadowlands we don't have this massive threatening pure evil big army like the Legion so Turalyon will not be busy fighting them and Alleria is void fused now which is a complete opposite of what Turalyon is and it can create a major conflict later on in the future between these two characters and their followers.

- - - Updated - - -

I did sum it up in my paragraph...what you want really? shall I put time stamp and guide you exactly and tell you exactly which is which?
    Turalyon saw that Xe'ra wasn't telling him everything and now has worked with many void elves and other non-light shit. If he went fanatical it would go against everything the story has done so far and would be bad writing. The dude didn't even try and kill Alleria in the Vision of Stormwind and tried reasoning with her. If there were to be any internal conflict/etc storylines with him every incident so far would point to an eventual crisis of faith.

Also I hate to say this but Bellular is a retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turalyon's had a literal millennium to be radicalized, if he was going to it'd have happened by now, especially living in an environment where Xe'ra was free to control the narrative.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

And I would say chances are if you have to read that deep into it, sadly Blizzard is probably not doing the same.

If a character is not in view at the moment, they're basically static in time. Yrel seems to be the only real exception to that, but she was also dropped and not continued. There's still a big threat in terms of Sylvanas, at least more than was at the start of BfA (before N'zoth surfaced) and even then Turaylon barely pushed for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Turalyon's had a literal millennium to be radicalized, if he was going to it'd have happened by now, especially living in an environment where Xe'ra was free to control the narrative.
    This. You want a radical Light zealot? Look to our future Waifu #1. Yrel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    My concern with Turalyon would be less about any zealotry or fanaticism and more that he suffers a another crisis of confidence, making terrible decisions prompted by his own doubts or insecurities. The shoes of a king are a tall order to fill, after all; and it's not something Turalyon has ever had call to do.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Also Yrel and the Alt Draenei had lost their entire support system and pretty much all their leadership when Velen and the others died and so needed new leadership and guidance which the alt version of Xe'ra(my guess as she is called the Light Mother) exploited. Turalyon was a priest before he became a paladin and already had faith in the light before discovering the Naaru and after his experience with Xe'ra he'd be less likely to be as easily manipulated.

Plus the Draenei saw Grom get off scot-free and the orcs continue to use the Iron Horde tech while destroying the land. It's easy to see why they could have been manipulated so easy especially when 99% of them are survivors from the events of WoD which happened in a blink of an eye to a race that lives thousands of years.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-07-03 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I would say chances are if you have to read that deep into it, sadly Blizzard is probably not doing the same.

If a character is not in view at the moment, they're basically static in time. Yrel seems to be the only real exception to that, but she was also dropped and not continued. There's still a big threat in terms of Sylvanas, at least more than was at the start of BfA (before N'zoth surfaced) and even then Turaylon barely pushed for anything.
    Yrel is not dropped I mean the last time we saw her was in BfA expansion with the Mag'har questline. BfA is the current expansion is how is that dropped?

She doesn't have to be constant every patch in the expansion since this expansion isn't focused on her really. That doesn't mean Blizzard will not revisit the idea of bringing her back into the story. Just look at Varimathris the dreadlord how many years he was missing? the last time we saw him before Legion expansion was the wrathgate questline in Wotlk then never came back until the end of Legion expansion.

"BellularGaming"

I'd take his words with a grain of salt. Both him and Pyromancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Turalyon saw that Xe'ra wasn't telling him everything and now has worked with many void elves and other non-light shit. If he went fanatical it would go against everything the story has done so far and would be bad writing. The dude didn't even try and kill Alleria in the Vision of Stormwind and tried reasoning with her. If there were to be any internal conflict/etc storylines with him every incident so far would point to an eventual crisis of faith.

Also I hate to say this but Bellular is a retard.
    I understand your point really. I am not saying it will be a 180 turn easily for Turalyon. It might take years and years + some unlucky bad incidents + maybe losing his son or Alleria might push him to the edge...just saying maybe. My point is look at Varian how many years it took for him to change from Garrosh v2 alliance version into his own entity later on? It took Varian at least 3 expansions to finally developed into his own entity instead of being just like Garrosh but Alliance version.

That dude needs a new job.

No you didn't. The only sentence hinting at what the video might be about is "It seems Blizzard possibly making the same pattern with Turalyon and his obsession with the light?" - how did you come up with that thought? What kind of obsession? What kind of pattern? What is there to discuss if I refuse to watch a video? Because, let's be serious, inserting a video and then calling a discussion is cheap af. It's lore section, not general discussion. We actually like to TALK here, not watch videos by some youtube "prodigy".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    No you didn't. The only sentence hinting at what the video might be about is "It seems Blizzard possibly making the same pattern with Turalyon and his obsession with the light?" - how did you come up with that thought? What kind of obsession? What kind of pattern? What is there to discuss if I refuse to watch a video? Because, let's be serious, inserting a video and then calling a discussion is cheap af. It's lore section, not general discussion. We actually like to TALK here, not watch videos by some youtube "prodigy".
    Ahh you should have told me "I am too stupid and thick headed to connect the dots to see the big picture"

Unless you haven't played Legion expansion at all? or you have no idea who Turyalon is?

I made a comparsion between him and Yrel since both of them are followers of the light and both are fanatics.

I mean come on the fucking big ass picture of that video and its title alone could make even those who are not into WoW lore could see the big picture of what I am talking about really. Unless you have zero knowledge of WoW lore? then I will forgive you.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-07-03 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming