10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Fun facts.
    Both MOBAs and Tower Defense genres originated from the map editor of a single game. Warcraft 3.
    MOBAs for sure with Defense of the Ancients but Tower Defense? I'm pretty sure the genre of establishing defenses against a constant flow of enemies assaulting a single or multiple targets came before Warcraft 3.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Fun facts.
    Both MOBAs and Tower Defense genres originated from the map editor of a single game. Warcraft 3.
    I doubt this wisdom, looked up the wiki, and found both statements to be false.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_defense
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multip...e_battle_arena
    (though the warcraft 3 bit is "partially" true)

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Hmm okay considering dropping wood elves and getting the second game instead.
    The first game races also get upgrades and overhauls to make them better and more interesting - Empire got the whole EMPIRE to manage, Orks were redesigned, etc.

Basically first game is only bought for Mortal Empires unlock in second game :P Even dlc for 1st carry over to mortal empires

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I doubt this wisdom, looked up the wiki, and found both statements to be false.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_defense
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multip...e_battle_arena
    (though the warcraft 3 bit is "partially" true)
    MOBAs were introduced in their final form and popularized in WC3, but did not originate there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    The first game races also get upgrades and overhauls to make them better and more interesting - Empire got the whole EMPIRE to manage, Orks were redesigned, etc.

Basically first game is only bought for Mortal Empires unlock in second game :P Even dlc for 1st carry over to mortal empires
    Yes i read that but so the reworks are only for the second instalment than i guess, Orks in the first game didn't get redesigned as i intend to learn the game also starting from the first game, fan of the warhammer universe and generally enjoy strategy games.

So bought the before mentioned but i still have over 80 games on my wish list, wondering what else to pick up still but don't want to end buying something that ends up the main game in a humbe bundle monthly.

Think i might pick up The Swapper, Where the Water Tastes Like Wine.

For those on humble bundle, if i don't claim this month i simply cause as me pausing my sub right? Still have paid for the rest of the year so i essentially could skip this one and pick up one in 2021?

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Tziva, I tend to use these sales to thin out my cheap indie game list. I got 3x64, a game I felt was the closest style to Tetris Attack. Epic Skater 2 for cheap, looks like an auto-run skating game. Shatter, a horizontal brick break game. And Timespinner, a metroidvania which seems to employ a time stopping mechanic. Also got Black Clover: Quartet Knights. I'm not big on fighting games, but love the series and could be fun to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/july-2020
    This link does not work yet - but it will in about 12 hours ^^
    Do wonder what we'll get since it's the month during steam sales. It's still value for your money but it has been lacking for me personally titles i really wanted.

Hopefully nothing i recently bought on steam

https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/july-2020 now active.
    Bonus game is "Boundless"
    (Which was released fairly recently, and seems to be doing so well they're already giving it away for free)

Choices for july:
    - Age of wonders: planetfall - deluxe edition
    - Void bastards
    - Railway empire
    - Battlestar galactica deadlock
    - Yuppie psycho
    - Beat hazard 2
    - Sigma theory: global cold war
    - Metal unit
    - Don't escape: 4 days to survive
    - Verlet swing
    - Basingstoke
    - Earthlock
    Last edited by bbr; 2020-07-03 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never heard of any of these except "Void Bastards" and only because I just gave away a key for that to a friend.

Has anyone played any of these? Any of them good?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I've never heard of any of these except "Void Bastards" and only because I just gave away a key for that to a friend.

Out of all of them, I'm only aware of three: Void Bastards, Beat Hazard 2 (only because I've played a tiny bit of Beat Hazard 1), and Verlet Swing - but only because my favorite streamer played it. Of the three, I can't say that I'm particularly excited about any of them... the most exciting, I suppose, would be Void Bastards, but even then I think it'd be a case of "oh that looks nice...", *proceeds to never launch it*.

10+ Year Old Account

Age of wonders is a fairly good strategy game.

10+ Year Old Account

Beat Hazard is pretty decent, but it's kind of seizure inducing and overly busy. Pretty much everything you do makes the screen flash and shake.

Gave me a headache after like 30 minutes

Age of Wonders gets very good reviews. Railway Empire is a decent management game if you like that sorta thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else not able to get the bonus game boundless? It keeps sending me back to june purchase page.

edit: nvm it is on that page :facepalm:

10+ Year Old Account
    I really feel sorry for whoever is subbed to Humble choice this month, Void Bastards was in the Fire Relief Bundle and Boundless was in the Square Enix Bundle in May and Yuppie Psycho was in another bundle recently. I'm also sure that Beat Hazard 2 and Sigma Theory were in previous bundles and that AoW: Planetfall was a bonus game at some point.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I really feel sorry for whoever is subbed to Humble choice this month, Void Bastards was in the Fire Relief Bundle and Boundless was in the Square Enix Bundle in May and Yuppie Psycho was in another bundle recently. I'm also sure that Beat Hazard 2 and Sigma Theory were in previous bundles and that AoW: Planetfall was a bonus game at some point.
    Not everyone buys bundles so they may find things in there they want.

Another skip month for me on my Monthly Classic sub though

7+ Year Old Account
    Old Activision titles and card games on sale. I recommend Cultist Simulator:

https://www.gog.com/promo/20200703_a...n_weekend_sale

https://www.gog.com/promo/20200703_weekend_sale
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-07-04 at 06:48 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I bought it for AoW:Planetfall, Void Bastards and Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock. Already own Railway Empire. All of these are decent, AoW is actually really good.

totally caved,. bought crosscode, grim dawn and the witcher 3.