Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    What you think folks? discuss please!
    internal conflict != being interesting and cool

tbh if the Alliance got an internal conflict just to "balance it out" with the horde, that would be extremely lame and boring. Of course being lawful good all the time isn't also much better.

However it would be kinda cool to have again a fanatic religious cult (but also not really purely evil, but more in a gray area) like the Scarlet Crusade.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2020-07-03 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    internal conflict != being interesting and cool

tbh if the Alliance got an internal conflict just to "balance it out" with the horde, that would be extremely lame and boring. Of course being lawful good all the time isn't also much better.
    I love internal conflict indeed! I mean let us be honest for many years and years the Alliance faction were bland and boring so this could have the potential to be something indeed interesting.

I love internal conflict indeed! I mean let us be honest for many years and years the Alliance faction were bland and boring so this could have the potential to be something indeed interesting.
    I mean I get your point and all... however my issue with that is if they did this right now or soon it would just feel forced and as kinda poor writing, since we just had the same thing basically with the other faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I get your point and all... however my issue with that is if they did this right now or soon it would just feel forced and as kinda poor writing, since we just had the same thing basically with the other faction.
    Hmmm maybe yeah but we can assume that the Alliance might directly or indirectly bring up the major threat of the Light to Azeroth. Just like how Gul'dan brought back the threat of the Legion back to Azeroth or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The shoes of a king are a tall order to fill, after all; and it's not something Turalyon has ever had call to do.
    He can't be worse than Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

15+ Year Old Account
    People still watch Bellular?

In all honesty it would be interesting to see Turalyon struggle with something outside of the Light. It makes up so much of what we see of him it would be interesting to see something of him that couldn't be solved by him praying to the Light.

why did bellular have to see that lore speculation got clicks...now we have his garbage takes and regurgitation of other youtubers crap

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    He can't be worse than Anduin.
    I'm not so sure about that, but who really knows how it will go. I'm not Anduin's biggest fan myself, but Anduin isn't a Garrosh or a Sylvanas so he does have that going for him.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The author of this video is clearly not familiar with Turalyon. In Before the Storm Turalyon condemns Xe'ra's methods. He tells Anduin to let the Light guide them, but not control them. Turalyon accepts his former mentor Faol, asks for forgiveness, fully changes his mind about the Gathering and offers his help to Anduin. In Shadows Rising excerpt Turalyon believes that an armistice with the Horde should be maintained (this is in stark contrast with Genn's opinion). After the Vision of Stormwind, Turalyon tells Alleria, that his faith in her hasn't been shaken. He doesn’t judge her, or reject her or mistreat her. These never happened. In A Thousand Years of War the first time Alleria manifests void powers, Turalyon is shocked, tries to reach her, and all he could do is to yell after her to say wait, and as she leaves through a void portal he continues to reach out for her. The next time they encounter is after Turalyon is lured into a trap by fake news about Alleria. This is centuries after Alleria left, last time he saw her she had given herself to void. And he still loves her, still hopes for her. Alleria comes in saves the day, Turalyon tells her to leave and save herself because Xe'ra would kill her. When Alleria refuses, Turalyon sticks up for her and literally stands beside her against Xera and begs Xera for mercy. All the while his resolve is that he will always love her and will always fight for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Can we give blizzard a chance to shit all over the last vestiges of WCII in Turalyon before we preemptively condemn him?
    Do we even have any RTS characters left that haven't been ruined?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    The author of this video is clearly not familiar with Turalyon. In Before the Storm Turalyon condemns Xe'ra's methods. He tells Anduin to let the Light guide them, but not control them. Turalyon accepts his former mentor Faol, asks for forgiveness, fully changes his mind about the Gathering and offers his help to Anduin. In Shadows Rising excerpt Turalyon believes that an armistice with the Horde should be maintained (this is in stark contrast with Genn's opinion). After the Vision of Stormwind, Turalyon tells Alleria, that his faith in her hasn't been shaken. He doesn’t judge her, or reject her or mistreat her. These never happened. In A Thousand Years of War the first time Alleria manifests void powers, Turalyon is shocked, tries to reach her, and all he could do is to yell after her to say wait, and as she leaves through a void portal he continues to reach out for her. The next time they encounter is after Turalyon is lured into a trap by fake news about Alleria. This is centuries after Alleria left, last time he saw her she had given herself to void. And he still loves her, still hopes for her. Alleria comes in saves the day, Turalyon tells her to leave and save herself because Xe'ra would kill her. When Alleria refuses, Turalyon sticks up for her and literally stands beside her against Xera and begs Xera for mercy. All the while his resolve is that he will always love her and will always fight for her.

I completely 100% agree with you yes for sure Turalyon will and resolve is indeed powerful. But how knows maybe something will happen some major incidents that might change him forever and the burden of being a king is tough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Do we even have any RTS characters left that haven't been ruined?
    Gul'dan in WoW is still awesome tbh, maybe not as awesome as his RTS version but still his WoD/Legion is pretty good overall.

I understand your point really. I am not saying it will be a 180 turn easily for Turalyon. It might take years and years + some unlucky bad incidents + maybe losing his son or Alleria might push him to the edge...just saying maybe. My point is look at Varian how many years it took for him to change from Garrosh v2 alliance version into his own entity later on? It took Varian at least 3 expansions to finally developed into his own entity instead of being just like Garrosh but Alliance version.
    Even if he had a fuck ton of bad incidents why on earth would he go Light Hitler when he already has seen the light isn't as perfect as Xe'ra claimed it to be? And again even in the worst possible vision of Stormwind the dude refused to try and kill Alleria he tried to reason with her.

Also Varian had lived a fraction of the time Turalyon had and wasn't even close to being a Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Even if he had a fuck ton of bad incidents why on earth would he go Light Hitler when he already has seen the light isn't as perfect as Xe'ra claimed it to be? And again even in the worst possible vision of Stormwind the dude refused to try and kill Alleria he tried to reason with her.

Also Varian had lived a fraction of the time Turalyon had and wasn't even close to being a Garrosh.

Maybe for Alleria and his son he is forced to go Light Hitler or they will die both?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post

Varian was Garrosh v2 (I am talking about Garrosh during Wotlk and Cataclysm not later on).

So much for Genn being regent of stormwind... guess that little bit just won't matter.

and Calia is too close to forsaken leadership >.< i just give up then. The writing team is way out of touch there. Just because she's been brought back from the dead doesn't make her right to lead the forsaken proper. I don't care what argument they want to push. Having her there is like putting Gallywix in charge of the gnomes.

5+ Year Old Account
    However it would be kinda cool to have again a fanatic religious cult (but also not really purely evil, but more in a gray area) like the Scarlet Crusade.
    Well, if the pamphlets written by this Scarlet Brotherhood (which is presumably inspired by the SC) make it to launch unchanged, there will be no internal struggle whatsoever, because those guys sound a lot like flat earthers - i.e. completely ridiculous, which means they cannot possibly have a point. And in the end, they will be lectured by the boiking and turn into Reasonable™ people /yawn
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I never liked Turalyon, I never liked Alleria, they're trash, and they're the source of almost all our future problems. They have been away for far too long to casually slip back among a faction's ranks, they could have changed way past our perception of them.
    I sense that this child made of void and light is gonna become a serious enemy soon.

kill useless soyboy and the alliance will become interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    My concern with Turalyon would be less about any zealotry or fanaticism and more that he suffers a another crisis of confidence, making terrible decisions prompted by his own doubts or insecurities. The shoes of a king are a tall order to fill, after all; and it's not something Turalyon has ever had call to do.
    i hate to correct you here, but wasn't Turalyon like the leader of the alliance forces after he picked up Anduin Lothar's broken sword when Orgrim Doomhammer did him in.
    and then promply beat the horde back all the ways back to the dark portal and followed them through?
    Last edited by bowlink; 2020-07-04 at 07:27 AM. Reason: i can't spell or grammar

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    i hate to correct you here, but wasn't Turalyon like the leader of the alliance forces after he picked up Anduin Lothar's broken sword when Orgrim Doomhammer did him in
    He was, but he was also very insecure and somewhat dorky with a huge impostor syndrome, though later he grew out of it.

I'm not watching a 15 mins video...