Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Now I agree with this one hundred percent. I liked when we had multiple options for our finisher. I mean it’s kind of pathetic when we have one finisher only. At that point it’s like why even have it? Just make it go off automatically when you hit five combo points.
    Literally every rogue spec right now, in game, on the live service has multiple spenders.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Our gameplay has become terribly one dimensional, dumbed down, and stupid with the pruning of so many finishers.
    And which finishers are you referring to, Expose armor? Recuperate? You can't be serious that thoose two abilities would be a game changer. Its like giving curses to warlocks, or searing totem to shamans. just (IMO) useless. Crimson Vial has take Recuperate's spot, and if there were any other classes around you, you would never spend combo points on exposing armor.

And yes, it is a non-troll , serious question. Maybe your answer might give me more clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    It's a false dilemma to think that Slice and Dice is coming back "in place of" some other ability that could be unpruned.

Do I want Gouge back more than anything else? Yes. I learned it after dinging level 6 in early 2005, it had been my "4" keybind ever since, and my Rogue has never felt the same without it.

But SnD isn't preventing us from getting Gouge. I still want SnD back as well for the reasons I already elaborated. Our gameplay has become terribly one dimensional, dumbed down, and stupid with the pruning of so many finishers.
    i never said that its coming back in place of anything, but i see why you thought i meant that, i meant any other ability they could think of, like a dot or something else. Its not an ability i miss at all, roll the bones on the other hand i think was an interesting buff since it affected how you played and shuffled your ability priorities, unlike SnD where its just always there and if its not you are bad.

I think it undermines the combo focused nature of the rogue, being connected to combo points feels awful, i get the feeling combo points were meant to feel something like a fighting game, where you execute some ability combination with a sweet finisher at the end, but thats not what SnD feels like, its a boring maintainence buff and its completely anti-climatic.
    Heres a simple 'rework', frontload some of SnDs attackspeed so that you get an immediate 180% attack speed for 3 seconds followed by 40% for the rest of the 21 seconds. Now it feels like an ability you want to press for its own sake rather than just to not let it fall off, you get an immediate reward for pressing it rather than only feeling how bad it is when not pressing it.