Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You will always feel weaker losing your borrowed powers, no way to avoid it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leggomydairy View Post
    People really do cry about losing those Big Numbers

- - - Updated - - -

and there is no stat squish it's an ilvl and level squish. There's a difference.
    It winds up with stats squished greatly. Personally, I feel they should squish even FURTHER then they have in SL - Lets have ppl logging in 9.0 with 50 ilvl, 2-3k hp. Give it a good, solid reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    WTF who seriously expected to enter shadowlands as a level 50 with 500k hp? Get real of course you will have less stats lol
    The demo at BlizzCon showed this and they stated this would be true. I agree with another poster above tho, they had to have misspoken or not known what they were thinking because how could a level squish NOT come with an ilvl/ “stat” squish?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Only between 1 and 50. After that, it is exactly the same.
    Are you sure? It shouldn't be, because, again, the gear inflation would be horrible.

Blizzard specified that they meant "same damage numbers" when they said "same power". Not just relative power.
    Do you have a quote for that? Because I don't remember Blizzard saying that.

They won't. Gear still works the same way, and gear growth has always been exponential.
    Yes, but with a level squish, the gear inflation curve (as long as there's a stat squish as well) is lowered by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Blizzard lied. The first stat squish was supposedly done for "technical reasons"("technical reasons" that don't apply anymore). The completely pointless BFA stat squish showed that was a lie. Hopefully the level squish is 100% optional. or canceled If people want a 60 level cap they could always play Classic.
    There is no such thing as "optional level squish" or even "cancel" it. I think you don't know what "squish" means in this game, character or item level.

Here's a hint: it's not about "removing all your levels above 50" or anything of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The WoD problem had nothing to do with difficulty of calculations, it was that health was a standard 32 bit integer and was capping out. They've since changed it to an unsigned integer making capping near impossible in wow's lifetime.
    And yet, they stat squished us after Legion.... pressing X to doubt. And ftr, capping out and overflowing of data IS a calculation problem.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So to be clear, you believe the issue is that when Blizzard said there would be no stat squish, they were using a different definition to some of the users in this thread?
    I think there have been a couple of valuable posts in this thread that brought new information or points of view to the topic.
    "I think a stat squish is when my character looses stats, therefore I think Shadowlands has a stat squish" is an interesting point of view.
    "I think stat squishes are about what amount of stats you have at what level" is another acceptable definition of stat squish.

And one guy brought us the actual quote from Blizzard on the topic, which, I think, makes it pretty clear that they were using the first definition of stat squish and changed their mind. Most valuable poster of the thread! :>

And then we have about 50 posts going "you are wrong because my definition is right!" without any sort of new argument or evidence attached to them and if a terrible accident would delete all of them nothing of value would be lost and this thread would be a whole lot more readable and pleasant
    (I stopped reading a couple of pages in, so there might have been more interesting stuff later.)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    I thought Blizzard explicitly promised no stat squish in Shadowlands.
    These are pretty strong words for something that was implied at best, or maybe even not mentioned at all.

But yeah, stat/level squish is something that doesn't matter at all. Nothing really changes because the game is rebalanced for new numbers. Too many people are attached to shalowness such as a specific number on their details and that is the main issue with this
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-07-04 at 09:17 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    These are pretty strong words for something that was implied at best, or maybe even not mentioned at all.
    Hello, this is the direct quote from Blizzard, as has been linked multiple times in this thread:

"There will not be a stat squish. "

Yeah, "implied"............"not mentioned at all"...............come on man......

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Hello, this is the direct quote from Blizzard, as has been linked multiple times in this thread:

"There will not be a stat squish. "

Yeah, "implied"............"not mentioned at all"...............come on man......
    Yeah, I believe, Blizzard need to provide an apology for this.
    A lot of people would've pre-ordered SL expecting to stay as powerful as they were at the end of BfA.

A lot of people would've pre-ordered SL expecting to stay as powerful as they were at the end of BfA.
    They didnt apologize for BFA or War3 Reforged, they wont apologize for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Trans Lives Matter View Post
    lol wasn't there one only just in BFA?
    fuck it, let's just do it every expansion
    get rid of the illusion of progression entirely
    did you not here that after bfa EVERY pre-patch will put you back to 50?....
    thanks to Ion who loves RP so much he kills everything RP in WoW....

*quotation needed*

I don't think it really came into most peoples decisions, tbh. I think anyone who preordered at this stage was going to preorder no matter what, or preordered based on the features not how powerful they will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

It would not be possible for them to keep the same stats if they did a level squish since you would be going from level 49 stats/ilvl to instant 120 stats/ilvl which is too wide of a jump without some sort of adjustment. Think of it this way they only option if they do a level squish is to re-balance stats and item level without doing that there is no point or purpose in doing a level squish as item level and stats would vary too much especially at the later levels when things spike, you would get situations where you just hit 120/50 and not be able to kill a normal mob.

When I ordered Shadowlands I expected there to be some sort of re-balance of stats to match the level squish so i dunno where that was the sole reason people ordered shadowlands came from.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    did you not here that after bfa EVERY pre-patch will put you back to 50?....
    thanks to Ion who loves RP so much he kills everything RP in WoW....
    No, because they never said that.

I dont even see why it matters. So long as past content is trivial and u can get stronger in new content it doesnt matter if u have 7 intellect or 7000. Its all fake.

Honestly if players were more mature they could just have everything say the % it uses. But that breaks as little immersion as we get in a world with mounts summoned from hands.honestly i only look at numbers to compare abilities. It doesnt matter if heroic strike does 54 or 677 dmg. I just need to compare it to my other abilities to see its cost benefit analysis to know where and when to use it.

Numbers are fake bro
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    I dont even see why it matters. So long as past content is trivial and u can get stronger in new content it doesnt matter if u have 7 intellect or 7000. Its all fake.

Honestly if players were more mature they could just have everything say the % it uses. But that breaks as little immersion as we get in a world with mounts summoned from hands.honestly i only look at numbers to compare abilities. It doesnt matter if heroic strike does 54 or 677 dmg. I just need to compare it to my other abilities to see its cost benefit analysis to know where and when to use it.

Numbers are fake bro
    I mean... it would be pretty silly to see "hits for .05-2% of HP", it's just easier to have actual numbers.

FFXIV uses "potency" and it's sometimes confusing as fuck, you just know what something is that hits harder than anther thing.

If you preordered expecting to be as strong as you are at the end of BFA. Where were you at the end of Legion? We lost our borrowed power and had to climb back up then too.

Stat squish is reducing the stats while keeping the same level.

Level squish is reducing the levels, and you get allocated the stats for that level. The mobs are also going to be reduced to the appropriate level.

You were once 120, now you are level 50. You can't have level 120 stats because level 120 no longer exists. You have the stats of level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    If you mean by the numbers max-level characters have, that was apparent literally the moment alpha opened. Anyone streaming or recording alpha footage showed lower numbers than current characters.

Now, that means one of two things:

1) We, the players, misunderstood what Blizzard meant by "stat squish".

2) As a developer, Blizzard changed their mind and decided that now was an opportune time to do a stat squish. (They are allowed to do that, you know.)
    YOu missed the point completely. Nobody said they can't change their minds. What is being said is that they made a claim then made a chagne and told nobody about it. That is the latest in scummy behavior by a morally bankrupt and scummy company.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Stat squish is reducing the stats while keeping the same level.

Level squish is reducing the levels, and you get allocated the stats for that level. The mobs are also going to be reduced to the appropriate level.

You were once 120, now you are level 50. You can't have level 120 stats because level 120 no longer exists. You have the stats of level 50.
    Yes you can. Just leave the IVl numbers as is. They lied. Plain and simple.

I love how people complain about something Blizzard "promised" when they never actually said anything remotely close to that to begin with. A Stat Squish was pretty obvious when the levels were going to be cut literally in half. Get over it, lordy.