Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They have enough oil to sustain them selfs...
    Let's see what Australian officials have to say

Keith Pitt, Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia, said: “I know many will find Equinor’s decision not to proceed with this oil exploration project in the Great Australian Bight extremely disappointing, and it is particularly hard for South Australia. The Bight Basin remains one of Australia’s frontier basins and any proposals for new oil and gas fields in this area will be assessed fairly and independently.”
    Uh oh, looks like they don't
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2020-07-03 at 07:08 PM.

Hardcore football supporters guard a statue in Sweden, good luck taking them on lol.

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-07-03 at 09:07 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hardcore football supporters guard a statue in Sweden, good luck taking them on lol.
    Well, good for this guy not siding with the wrong team, else his statue would've vanished already.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/socce...-statue-sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Well, good for this guy not siding with the wrong team, else his statue would've vanished already.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/socce...-statue-sweden
    Hehe yeah that statue didn't stand much of a chance. Think it was because he changed teams or something they are pretty sensitive about that.

10+ Year Old Account

Sop far, so good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hehe yeah that statue didn't stand much of a chance. Think it was because he changed teams or something they are pretty sensitive about that.
    Whos statue are they even protecting in your picture?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Whos statue are they even protecting in your picture?
    Carl Linnaeus http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Linnaeus

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Why are they protecting a statue of a botanist? Am I missing something?

He's sort of the father of racial biology, dividing the human race into 4 groups. The white were superior according to him.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Welp, now the retards are calling for Mount Rushmore to be destroyed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/u...-rushmore.html
    Why do you think this is a bad thing?

Mt Rushmore is part of land given to the Lakota Nation part of the treaty the United States has with them. But the United States found gold and said fuck you.

In 1980 SCOTUS ruled that the United States betrayed their treaty to the Lakota Nation and were in the wrong and just put money in a trust. The Lakota Nation has said we don't want the money we want our land back.

Tell me... why are the people who want to return the land to the rightful people who still exist there and want to remove the heads on a mountain THE LAKOTA NATION FOUND SACRED?

It is their land, it is their mountain, the united stats betrayed them and broke their treaty and SCOTUS RULED that the united stats indeed was in the wrong.

So who are the retards? People that understand all these issues and the HISTORY of it all and why it should go due to that, or people who don't know shit about history and just say "but much Mount Rushmore"

You have white MAGATs at Mount Rushmore telling LAKOTA NATIVE AMERICANS to go back home....

So in your mind, it is retarded, that Lakota Native Americans want the land that was theirs back, after the USA stole it, breaking their own treaty. After SCOTUS ruled that indeed the USA was in the wrong.

Do you bother to think through these issues? Do you bother to consider "why" it being there is a problem?

A sacred monument to native Americans was stolen from them after a treaty was made, and the USA ruled that they were wrong for stealing the land and breaking the treaty. But the retards are the people who side with giving the land back and removing the heads?

This is why an education in history is so important

Without it, you end up making arguments full of folly.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-07-04 at 12:45 AM.

Because people threatened to take it down, I mean it does not matter if it's there or not its history and he will always be a part of swedish history but for us outsiders who can't care less about this whole statue thing going on in the world it's very very entertaining to follow.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Welp, now the retards are calling for Mount Rushmore to be destroyed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/u...-rushmore.html
    Why do you find that surprising given the current climate? It's four gigantic heads of some old white dudes who were sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, mostly racist and in some of their cases slavers.

Just because they didn't fight for the confederacy doesn't mean people are gonna give them a pass in this age of judging everything by the morals of today
    Last edited by caervek; 2020-07-04 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Spelling

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    He's sort of the father of racial biology, dividing the human race into 4 groups. The white were superior according to him.
    Ok, and?

Ten

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Why do you find that surprising given the current climate? It's four gigantic heads of some old white dudes who were sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, mostly racist and in some of their cases slavers.

Just because they didn't fight for the confederacy doesn't mean people are gonna give them a pass in this age of judging everything by the morals of today
    I mean it's more the issue it was carved by a Klan member as a deliberate fuck you to the Sioux Nation on....*checks notes* unceded treaty land that was illegally annexed by the federal government once gold was discovered in the Black Hills, the illegality of which was made explicit by SCOTUS in the 1980s.

Continue pretending that y'all are the victims here, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Had he the science of the time behind him? Or was he just an asshole that threw a dart and then went with "the white man is superior" regardless?

Sorry for asking, on a skim of his wikipage I couldn't find anything about racial biology.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had he the science of the time behind him? Or was he just an asshole that threw a dart and then went with "the white man is superior" regardless?

Sorry for asking, on a skim of his wikipage I couldn't find anything about racial biology.
    Try looking under human taxonomy on the page

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Yeah, still nothing. At least nothing about the superiority of white men. He divided the human race into 4 (later 5) groups and had some problems with the church and its followers which tells you a thing or two about in what times he lived.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, still nothing. At least nothing about the superiority of white men. He divided the human race into 4 (later 5) groups and had some problems with the church and its followers which tells you a thing or two about in what times he lived.
    I do not know if he did anything that was about white superiority but.. that would be the relevant section

However largely.. it answers the question on wether he had the science of the time behind him.. he accused man of being an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Which states that he found humans simian in nature. All humans.
    And the classification names for "races" were based on skincolor - or possibly the ancient temperaments and more; there's nothing indicating superiority on that page.

Looking at wikipedia-pages with disclaimers saying that they may be "unbalanced or inaccurate", there are more problematic statements - but still no clear statement of superiority.

Why can't you quote the problematic statements you found instead of saying "look under ..." - which is just a step up from "google it"?

The Swedish wiki has excerpts from his works where he details his views

Quote Originally Posted by Google translate
    Each race had certain characteristics that he considered endemic to persons belonging to it. Indians were choleric, red, simple, eager and combative. Africans were phlegmatic, black, slow, relaxed and neglected. Asians were melancholic, yellow, stiff, serious, and greedy. The Europeans were pale, muscular, fast, smart and inventive. The "monstrous" human race was assigned such traits as "vigilant and clumsy," in this category there were Chinese, Alpine wolves, Patagonian giants [168] and khoikhoi (then the Hottentot).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance