Poll: Most suitable Azshara substitute

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Wants to make a night elf mage, but asks what void elf or nightbourne they should make?

Am I confused? Or reading this wrong? or is this thread as stupid as I think it is?
    It's as stupid as you think it is, but it is showing some rather interesting things about how some horde players view the night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Wants to make a night elf mage, but asks what void elf or nightbourne they should make?

Am I confused? Or reading this wrong? or is this thread as stupid as I think it is?
    It's a dumbass thread that has been going on for way too long. OP wants to make character that looks like Azshara but doesn't want to play a Night Elf. The logic has been thrown out of the window.

15+ Year Old Account
    Next poll:

Who would make the best voljin troll warrior character?
    [ ] Gnome
    [ ] Mechagnome
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I really enjoy the nightborne look, but for specifically the "queen azshara look", female night elves are getting some really great customizations in SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Not far off at least

I must say going into this thread makes me chuckle. I mean I got nothing against OP, but lacking Night Elf in the poll is making me mind blown. All iterations of Azshara in game is in Night Elf form, and its quite known the Highborne during her time in WotA looks like the Night Elves we have today.

Even her face in naga form is more Night Elf than anything else.
    but wahhhh he wants the Warbringers version which is more pointy so he wants pointy elf and apparently Night Elves don't have blue enough skin.

Bruh... like, look through all the colors on the character creation screen, ya know? XD lolol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    But Azshara in the video, minus the ears is far more delicate than the night elf model, she's more like the Nightborne or void elf model. Do you think that blizzard are making the night elves different elves, and the void elves and nightborne are the old original elves. Cos I look at a night elf and I think of an amazonian swinging through the trees or a Tarzan, I look at a Nightborne, and I think of Azshara, and I look at a void elf, and to me that's how a purple Highborne looks.. and new night elf customisation make it even more obvious.

Yes some mockups above can show some night elves in Nightborne and blood elf gear pretending that they're casters, but that's just so you can roleplay, blizzard only give night elves forest elf features, because Azshara type elves are now Nightborne or high elves.

They don't want night elves to be multi-pronged diversity elves, they want night elves in the forest, Nightborne in the cities, and void elves handling the void magic. Everyone knows night elves are the tree elves with the forest, no one knows or thinks of them as magical elves, only a few hardcore fans like Ravenmoon, Mace and co. The overwhelming number of fans on here would agree with this assessment even if they disagree with using void/nightborne to make Azshara.
    You need to read some of the actual damn lore for Azeroth, God damn. You are so far off, it isn't even funny anymore. You're also clearly just not someone who is ever willing to admit they're wrong, either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Next poll:

Who would make the best voljin troll warrior character?
    [ ] Gnome
    [ ] Mechagnome
    Dude, really?

No brainer! Mechagnome with pink hair, go.

- - - Updated - - -

blah blah blah... they even bring their forest to their city (now burnt - so night elves have no city and never will)./nonsense/
    Oh!

Do you work at Blizzard? Never will? Shiiiit, I can't wait for Blizzard to shove that right back in your face when the Nelves handily setup a new city. They're a major race, one of the first, if the gnomes have their own city, you can bet your ass the Night Elves will.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    but wahhhh he wants the Warbringers version which is more pointy so he wants pointy elf and apparently Night Elves don't have blue enough skin.

Bruh... like, look through all the colors on the character creation screen, ya know? XD lolol

- - - Updated - - -

You need to read some of the actual damn lore for Azeroth, God damn. You are so far off, it isn't even funny anymore. You're also clearly just not someone who is ever willing to admit they're wrong, either.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, really?

No brainer! Mechagnome with pink hair, go.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh!

Do you work at Blizzard? Never will? Shiiiit, I can't wait for Blizzard to shove that right back in your face when the Nelves handily setup a new city. They're a major race, one of the first, if the gnomes have their own city, you can bet your ass the Night Elves will.
    Because the warbringers version is not a night elf model. If i hand't specified everyone would point to the night elf model that was used prior to warbriingers. Blizz made her warbringers intentionally more nightborne-esque /void elf esque because they were moving night elves to be forest elves types, and the ancient elves being common to all elves. It's not me that did this, it was blizzard. They don't want to use night elves for the arcane pre-sundering elf. It's a shift many people on the forum like Tanaria, Alanar etc have pointed out.

Night elf isn't on the option list because everyone would pick it defeating the aim of the exercise. I know some would disagree with me, especially the night elf magic fan club,

I read the lore, but lore is retconned all the time and recast, maybe before i would have been wrong, but blizzard is changing it again. If you want an arcane night elf in the dark elf vein, then nightborne (horde) is for you, but you can use a void elf if on alliance because they're purple with silver eyes, but the horde is waiting for you.

Mechagnomes have nothing to do with trolls. If you wanted a vol'jin mockup, he is a darkspear troll, you'd be silly not to use the darkspear, but the only other troll available is the Zandalari, and in SL we can get Farakki skins. Gnomes is a completely different species/race.

I don't work for blizzard, but we've had detailed discussions about night elf capital in 3 topics over on the lore forums, and everyone but the magic night elf fan club, which like 2 or 3 people believes a night elf capital is going to be a forest home, with trees. Look, I don't begrudge them getting a proper city if blizzard wants, but a proper city is not fitting for a forest elf group. They would live in trees, like the Lost Ones in Zangarmarsh or like those tree homes in Val'sharah but on a massive scale. I just think people are in denial.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...I just think people are in denial.
    This is so very ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    This is so very ironic.
    It's not. You know blizzard made night elves into the forest elves, it's what elf fans wanted (minus a few crazies). It's what most people wanted.

The Azshara generation elf is not the night elves anymore, i's the high elves and nightborne. Nigh elves are about forests, and trees - not about magic, cities and all that nonsense Mace and other peeps who don't realise lore changes.

It's not. You know blizzard made night elves into the forest elves, it's what elf fans wanted (minus a few crazies). It's what most people wanted.
    If all people see about night elves is forests, then that’s what they’re going to want because they think that’s all there is, but it isn’t, others who read the lore and know the history appreciate other sides of the night elves and desire them, one of which are the pre-sundering style/civilization and arcane mastery of groups like the Moon Guard and Highborne or others like the Demon hunters and caster Moon Priestesses. You mean what you and your blood elf fan club want

Sure I want night elf forest stuff, but it’s not the only thing I want, and I’m very satisfied with what they’ve been showing so my focus moves to other parts I like that they're not.

The Azshara generation elf is not the night elves anymore, i's the high elves and nightborne. Nigh elves are about forests, and trees - not about magic,
    Azshara generation of night elves are the night elves. That was the whole point of the race. It’s the original elf race that hasn’t changed.

High Elves
    High elves changed, they are not the continuation of the night elves’ arcane history, they’re their own people hat share said arcane and nigh elven past. Don’t get the difference do you. High elves weren't made to be night elves, they were made to be their own people with their own lore, and that was connected to the arcane wielding Highborne part of the night elves.

That Highborne part is all night elven though, and it shows you why high elves are elves and not another race.. blood elves don’t continue the Highborne side of the night elves, they continue the high elf ‘s own elven development.

And it shouldn’t shock you that it would have similarities to the night elves, it’s like being surprised Drakkari trolls have similarities to the Zandalari trolls.

You are falling an incorrect narrative because you are badly want night elves to only be forest elves – because you don’t want your rivals to have better stuff – i.e. magic and magical cities.

Nightborne
    Nightborne are the very night elf group themselves, that’s just had a different appearance, slightly different appearance, they’re not like blood elves who are a new society of arcane/light/woodland ranging elves in their own kingdom with new symbology, motifs, attributes, sleep cycles, location, customs etc.

Because Nightborne are meant to be night elf based, just like Highmountain are tauren based, Lightforged are draenei based, void elves are Thalassian based etc. the fact that Nightborne are that way shows you this is part of the night elves – and you see it in night elf history (where they are those very night elves) and you see that arcane group among the Darnassians too via the Shen’dralar and their new recruits as well as other groups outside like the Moonguard and Farondis.

And it’s just rude to expect alliance night elf fans to switch to the horde to experience the part of the night elves they really like or even love. It’s naïve or trolling to expect them not to want that side that is of their race they’ve followed from the start to be available to them and not force them to have switch factions to experience it properly. We don’t even expect normal tauren to switch to Highmountain on the same faction to experience shamanic or druidic cultural presentation and development, why would we expect night elf toons to not only reroll but switch factions. If Darkspear troll fans wanted greater development like the Zandalari trolls had in whatever troll aspect available – would we say, suck it up, you got Zandalari? At least for them Zandalari is on the same faction so hey they can chill out in Zuldazar and help the Zandalari as a Darkspear and enjoy that connection. No such thing is possible for night elves if they stick the arcane side exclusively on the horde.

cities and all that nonsense Mace and other peeps who don't realise lore changes.
    Showing more of existing parts of lore is not changing or retconning the lore, it’s just showing more of that part.

10+ Year Old Account

The Azshara generation elf is not the night elves anymore, i's the high elves and nightborne. Nigh elves are about forests, and trees - not about magic, cities and all that nonsense Mace and other peeps who don't realise lore changes.

No. Learn your lore.

Night elves are also about arcane with the Highborne.

Azshara is a Night elf. You want to look like a Night elf ? Play a Night elf.

Btw where are your gold eyed Nightborne ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    No. Learn your lore.

Night elves are also about arcane with the Highborne.

Azshara is a Night elf. You want to look like a Night elf ? Play a Night elf.

Btw where are your gold eyed Nightborne ?
    Oh dear, is he still in denial? Him and his "most people" - but then if most people don't know about the Highborne, and have only known night elves as foresters, they're not going to expect or want anything outside it, so the developers would have to show them that night elves are at home in other environments, like you know their own civilization cities and temples - not just in trees.

But it's just silly what's been said, most people are aware from these responses alone that night elves are also arcane wielders, Queen Azshara is night elven too.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Oh dear, is he still in denial? Him and his "most people" - but then if most people don't know about the Highborne, and have only known night elves as foresters, they're not going to expect or want anything outside it, so the developers would have to show them that night elves are at home in other environments, like you know their own civilization cities and temples - not just in trees.

But it's just silly what's been said, most people are aware from these responses alone that night elves are also arcane wielders, Queen Azshara is night elven too.
    I think Azshara would never identify herself with Malfurion's followers.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I think Azshara would never identify herself with Malfurion's followers.
    It's not what faction would she join, it's what elf is she. She is a night elf, not a nightborne they don't come into existence for another few thousand years after she turns into a naga, not a void elf, they dont' come into existence for another 10,000 years after her elf days.

Just made some examples myself. Now the Warbringer cartoon is a bit different than other art from blizzard, so it's hard to find a perfect pick:

Nightborne is tad much blue, Night Elf a tad pale, so the color in between would be perfect. Void Elves is just out of the question. So what it comes down to is options and details. Golden Eyes being a significant one, while there is a detail which I found quite cool: The necklace. See the one she is wearing and compare it to the Night Elf necklace. Very similar.

But besides the Warbringer comic, the other models like the in game one is 100% Night Elf.

Just made some examples myself. Now the Warbringer cartoon is a bit different than other art from blizzard, so it's hard to find a perfect pick:

Nightborne is tad much blue, Night Elf a tad pale, so the color in between would be perfect. Void Elves is just out of the question. So what it comes down to is options and details. Golden Eyes being a significant one, while there is a detail which I found quite cool: The necklace. See the one she is wearing and compare it to the Night Elf necklace. Very similar.

But besides the Warbringer comic, the other models like the in game one is 100% Night Elf.
    And ears, it's clearly the night elven ears too. The necklace is also directly from Azshara, we will probably have some more head piece options for females.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because the warbringers version is not a night elf model. If i hand't specified everyone would point to the night elf model that was used prior to warbriingers. Blizz made her warbringers intentionally more nightborne-esque /void elf esque because they were moving night elves to be forest elves types, and the ancient elves being common to all elves. It's not me that did this, it was blizzard. They don't want to use night elves for the arcane pre-sundering elf. It's a shift many people on the forum like Tanaria, Alanar etc have pointed out.

Night elf isn't on the option list because everyone would pick it defeating the aim of the exercise. I know some would disagree with me, especially the night elf magic fan club,

I read the lore, but lore is retconned all the time and recast, maybe before i would have been wrong, but blizzard is changing it again. If you want an arcane night elf in the dark elf vein, then nightborne (horde) is for you, but you can use a void elf if on alliance because they're purple with silver eyes, but the horde is waiting for you.

Mechagnomes have nothing to do with trolls. If you wanted a vol'jin mockup, he is a darkspear troll, you'd be silly not to use the darkspear, but the only other troll available is the Zandalari, and in SL we can get Farakki skins. Gnomes is a completely different species/race.

I don't work for blizzard, but we've had detailed discussions about night elf capital in 3 topics over on the lore forums, and everyone but the magic night elf fan club, which like 2 or 3 people believes a night elf capital is going to be a forest home, with trees. Look, I don't begrudge them getting a proper city if blizzard wants, but a proper city is not fitting for a forest elf group. They would live in trees, like the Lost Ones in Zangarmarsh or like those tree homes in Val'sharah but on a massive scale. I just think people are in denial.
    Right here is where you prove how thick-headed you really are. Holy shit XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

Right? He needs to read War of the Ancients, holy shit. Read about how Azshara was queen of the Night Elves and was of the Highborne regiment within them and was basically the greatest arcane-wielder ever. There's a reason Night Elves had BANNED arcane magic for so many millennia and why letting the Shen'dralar come into Darnassus was such a heated topic.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Night elf all the way, specially with the Shadowlands cosmetic additions.

Also, it's wierd that you specified "female" on the poll options.
    Well clearly Blood Elf males are the only ones with the poise, arrogance, and inflated self ego to pull off being Queen Azshara. Op probably wanted a bigger chest on the toon tho.

10+ Year Old Account

You just proved my point.

What does it matter if most Night Elves have largely abandoned arcane magic today? There is still a small part that practices it. And if you want to make a character that resembles Azshara, then make a Night Elf. Mutliple people in this thread have pointed out how Night Elves is the best fit, especially with all the new customization options coming in Shadowlands.

I can (kind of) see the resemblance between Azshara and a female Nightborne, but even then, she more closely resembles a female Night Elf (because she was one). How you've convinced yourself that Azshara resembles a Void Elf is beyond me. They literally look nothing like Azshara at all.

At this point, I'm convinced that this is a troll thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Great comparison, would be even better if you picked the short eyebrow option. Nevertheless, OP still won't be convinced Night Elves are the better choice.

Right here is where you prove how thick-headed you really are. Holy shit XD
    No, Vol'jin was recently alive and very much darkspear troll identifiable

Azshara was an elf 10,000 years ago, and the night elves are 10k years away from that type of elf. Because blizzard changed the night elf lore. Maybe at first they were the same type of elf, but they are not.

Right? He needs to read War of the Ancients, holy shit. Read about how Azshara was queen of the Night Elves and was of the Highborne regiment within them and was basically the greatest arcane-wielder ever. There's a reason Night Elves had BANNED arcane magic for so many millennia and why letting the Shen'dralar come into Darnassus was such a heated topic.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    But those war of the ancient night elves don't exist anymore, they've become forest elves, high elves or nightborne. What was night elf then is not night elf now, it's effecitvely a different race/group that are too stupid to change their name.

And yes they banned arcane magic and became forest elves, and while they started doing some magic again, it's like little children trying to learn how to play with fire - this is why the blood elf laughed so hard at their stilly efforts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    What does it matter if most Night Elves have largely abandoned arcane magic today? There is still a small part that practices it. And if you want to make a character that resembles Azshara, then make a Night Elf. Mutliple people in this thread have pointed out how Night Elves is the best fit, especially with all the new customization options coming in Shadowlands.

I can (kind of) see the resemblance between Azshara and a female Nightborne, but even then, she more closely resembles a female Night Elf (because she was one). How you've convinced yourself that Azshara resembles a Void Elf is beyond me. They literally look nothing like Azshara at all.

Great comparison, would be even better if you picked the short eyebrow option. Nevertheless, OP still won't be convinced Night Elves are the better choice.
    You, see, you can see it too.