Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you like to remove the crossrealm groups for anything?

I for one feel like realm identity is kinda lost and your name/achievments/reputation on a server means kinda nothing atm.
    Whenever i'm in ORG or SW i don't know anyone around there.

I remember it was really amazing seeing members of a real first guild when i was just a pleb and thinking WOW i hope one day i can be like them and have that gear and stuff like that ( that being like 10 years or even more ago ).

I feel like this thing is kinda lost. It was brought a bit back through vanilla servers and i quite enjoyed that , but i'm just curious if anyone else feels the same way for BFA/Shadowlands.

Not saying it's a good idea or anything, because i see the benefits in crossrealm grouping and stuff, but i just kinda miss having a reputation on a server or not and actually knowing people on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need this kind of validation, I highly recommend WoW Classic.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveplay View Post
    I for one feel like realm identity is kinda lost and your name/achievments/reputation on a server means kinda nothing atm.
    Want me to tell you a secret? It never ment anythin.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Realm identity is outdated.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I wish they went even further and removed realms entirely or make it like OSRS where you can choose to play on a server and then switch whenever you want with just a click. Ah would be region wide.

If you want realm identity play another game. New world allows a max 1000 player per server. In a month’s time there everyone will know everyone else.

The system brings more good than bad. I'm still fully aware of all the top players on my realm including ones that are part of my cross realm groups. It's not really that hard to see who's good, you're just used to it because you've been playing the game for so long.

I know plenty of people who look at n'zoth mythic title and are like wow

I see lots of people I know in Boralus. In non warmode it tries to put you together with people from your server, and if I were to make an guesstimate I would say 8 of 10 are from my server when I hang there. Same with Naz'jatar when it was current too. In War Mode its a very different story though. On the other server of mine its a bit different, then again as Horde my chars are all in war mode since the chance of getting in combat with an alliance player is close to non existant.

I never cared much about server identity myself. I got number 1 dps spot on my server in normal(boosted) ny'alotha in the first corruption iteration in 8.3, no one came and looked at me with awe for that Did not do that in TBC either when I had epics!

I am "wildly" guessing most players don't and never gave a damn about others gear and achievements except a small group of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    I know plenty of people who look at n'zoth mythic title and are like wow

Are you, and these "plenty of people" new to the game? Or in your teens? No one cares about that shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Are you, and these "plenty of people" new to the game? Or in your teens? No one cares about that shit anymore.
    I'm in a cute little social guild on one of my alts and I help them out on keys and such given my progression for the tier is essentially finished. They're still pretty fascinated with the game. Sound like you're pretty jaded.
    Last edited by OFiveNine; 2020-07-05 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveplay View Post

I remember it was really amazing seeing members of a real first guild when i was just a pleb and thinking WOW i hope one day i can be like them and have that gear and stuff like that ( that being like 10 years or even more ago ).

I feel like this thing is kinda lost. It was brought a bit back through vanilla servers and i quite enjoyed that , but i'm just curious if anyone else feels the same way for BFA/Shadowlands.

Not saying it's a good idea or anything, because i see the benefits in crossrealm grouping and stuff, but i just kinda miss having a reputation on a server or not and actually knowing people on it.
    Let us use our heads a bit and make a comparison:

A) Exclusive (Vanilla style) realms without any merges - You have say 100 000 people on one realm playing together. You are 1 out of 100 000. You go to Stormwind and you see player A and you recognize him for his awesome gear. You do a raid with player B and you put him on your ignore list as he ninja looted. And then you tell the entire realm how awesome player A is and how awful player B is. There is only one player B and the entire realm now knows he is a ninja. "Realm Identity" has been completed.
    B) Connected (Modern) realms - You have 5 realms with 20 000 players each merged together for a total of 100 000 players. You are 1 out of 100 000. You go to Stormwind and see a player A from realm A and recognize him for his awesome gear. You go and raid with player B from realm B and ignore him because he is awful. You tell the entire server how awesome A is and how awful B is. There is only one player B from realm B and all players from Realm A, B, C, D and E that are Connected together know that he is a ninja now. "Realm Identity" has been completed.

So tell me, how exactly do connected realms interfere with your realm identity? It is different features that interefere with it (phasing, Group Finder tools, Random Group tool, faster pacing of the end game, etc) but connected realms ain't one of it.

100,000 players aren’t a community.1000 is. If you’re unhappy about this, just play another game like New World. WoW’s job isn’t to make players happy or have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    If you want realm identity play another game. New world allows a max 1000 player per server. In a month’s time there everyone will know everyone else.
    In a month's time the game will be dead lol. Ontopic though, realm identity is dead and it's never coming back. It's sad, but at this point removing cross realm functionality would just annoy people rather than bring back community.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    In a month's time the game will be dead lol. Ontopic though, realm identity is dead and it's never coming back. It's sad, but at this point removing cross realm functionality would just annoy people rather than bring back community.
    Have you seen sir medieval’s latest video? Looks incredible and the likes and comments tell me this game will finally give us mmorpg fans what we have been asking from blizzard to no avail.

Wow’s Job is not to make players happy or have fun, but to legally steal their money.

100,000 players aren’t a community.1000 is. If you’re unhappy about this, just play another game like New World. WoW’s job isn’t to make players happy or have fun.
    1000 strangers on the train ain't community, your friends, acquaintances and family is.

"sever identity" never meant anything and that New World will never even come close to wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure making sure the players have a good time is somewhere in Blizzard's mission statement.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I am not either of those and occasionally I see a title unfamiliar to me and go look it up to see how I can obtain it. same with mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    1000 strangers on the train ain't community, your friends, acquaintances and family is.

"sever identity" never meant anything and that New World will never even come close to wow.
    Mark my words, NW will be to WoW what WoW was to EQ. Mass player exodus.

Mark my words, NW will be to WoW what WoW was to EQ. Mass player exodus.
    NW is just another sandbox mmorpg with poor lore, nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    NW is just another sandbox mmorpg with poor lore, nothing special.
    WoW has the worst lore in existence and it is often ridiculed by the players. Content is fragmented and irrelevant once a new expansion comes out.